Customize

Travolta's "The Forger" detested by critics. Travolta's acting called "comatose"

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by anon8109, Apr 23, 2015.

1. anon8109 Member

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_forger_2014/

So far the movie has 22/22 bad reviews, half of which are top critics. That's an epic fail.

Travolta is practically comatose. -Mike D'Angelo

We always knew Travolta's laziness as an actor would catch up with him. -Roger Moore

you don't ever believe that [Travolta] can paint or that he can beat up a whole squad of younger, bigger, meaner dudes. -A.O. Scott

Travolta's face looks immobile -Joe Neumaier

I felt a little guilty not liking John Travolta's pale imitation of a melodrama. -Joanna Langfield

John Travolta's Raymond Cutter doesn't forge anything during the first 40 minutes of The Forger, unless we can count his unconvincing, age-inappropriate mane of hair. -Chris Packham
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Ha-hahahahahahaha! 'Face looks immobile...' Botox? dunno, but he looks like something out of Madame T's wax museum latest photos post BE, but I'm sure the mop changes help? :p
    I subjected myself to the trailer (or one of them), pure yuck overtook my soul, even turning it into a slasher flick can't save that I thought, way ta go John~ KSW!
    Off to RT, the comments on bombs like this are often pure gold :D

Holy shit John! There's a tarantula on yer frikken head! ~ 135388_051.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mr. Magoo Member

Roger Friedman's Showbiz 411 has picked up on The Forger's Rotten Tomato status:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/04/2...tas-the-forger-has-a-zero-22-negative-reviews
    • Like Like x 4
  4. DeathHamster Member

Maybe he'll beat Battlefield Earth? (Not that he wins either way.)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kilia Member

I saw a trailer for the movie and they're right. So blase' he sounds.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RightOn Member

he was always a mediocre actor at best
    Now with his age and the cult constantly tapping on his shoulder.... it shows more than ever.
    The cult that he is praising is the cult that broke him.
    Step outta line Johnny, and they will ruin you utterly.
    Now be a good boy, put the blinders back on and tell the nice people to go read a book, while DM tells everyone what a pervert and degraded being you are.
    Geez! what a way to "live" .
    • Like Like x 1
  7. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. anon8109 Member

This movie will soon be forgotten.

It's not even as bad as Battlefield Earth, which at least gained cult status for being so over the top awful. The Forger might be useful for insomniacs though from what the critics say.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. anon8109 Member

If you watch it together with Going Clear at 96% then you can enjoy the perfect movie experience.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. RightOn Member

will they even bother to release it?
    I saw a trailer... I cringed
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RightOn Member

In this trailer, the son calls him a liar and a fake. That must have hit home for John

12. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Somebody please go see this and report back. Meanwhile, I'll be over at Ex-Machina.
  13. RightOn Member

FUCK NO!
    Never support the cult in ANY way! Especially at the box office.
    Geez!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DeathHamster Member

Go to a multibox theater, buy a ticket for a different movie. No one will care if you watch Forger instead. (They'll think you're crazy.)
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RightOn Member

lol
    But I am sure I will have to wash my hair or sort socks that night.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ogsonofgroo Member

Why go out? Have it playing now in the background, 5min in and already cringing, I'd take a bullet for a friend/family, but this is cruel and unusual....

GAH! (oh, letmewatchthis (dot)com has various links to this abomination, vidbull, putlocker, gorillavid, are among the easiest hosts fyi)

ok-ok-ok, putting me to sleep nao, good grief, as bad as the critics have alluded to? Oh yes, and more. Coming soon to your local discount bin.

:p

Edit~ Okay, torture over for now, made it to about 35mins, watched (maybe) half of that, pretty lame directing makes this possible, so audio alone was enough to make it through the scenes , managed to write several e-mails and laugh at some YT fails, eat,
    Not only barf-able, but ffs , its a forger movie and not one bit of this z-grade mellow/heist/fuck-up, terrible writing, bad directing/edit, plastic looking character, 35mins wtf? Even Bruce W. would be painting in the first ten minutes imho. Yet some people liked this ( I suppose this is inevitable given the JT fans of yesteryear), I will pray for their children-of-the-corn...
    • Like Like x 4
  17. I'd watch it if it was free and it was at home so I could scream without getting in trouble.
  18. BlooAnon Member

Everyone remembers BE as being bad, but I remember hating Phenomenon the first and last time I saw it. And it's only after learning about CoS, that it makes sense as to why he would make the film. It's very OT-becoming. It's also just as terrible.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CarterUSP Member

As Travolta becomes more OT you Mest wogs just don't understand his homo novis state.
    That's not wooden acting, its tone 40 serenity of beingness
    • Like Like x 7
  20. damm rioght boycot BOYCOT
    I won't pay for movie with a coward acting like a tough hero fiction is fiction
    maybe in paris there will be massage required ad in movie theater ....
  21. anon8109 Member

The movie is only playing at a handful of repertory theaters.

It's already available for streaming on Amazon and Vudu even though it only just opened.
  22. anon8109 Member

The Forger is not even listed on boxoffice.com or boxofficemojo.com's list of opening movies for 4/24/2015.
  23. Travolta's acting skills will be greatly appreciated by those with hearing and sight impairment.

Someone had to say it.
  24. anon8109 Member

BoxOffice.com's best estimate for how much money the movie pulled in on its opening weekend is 0$.
    boxofficemojo.com still doesn't even list the movie on its site.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/the-forger-2015

The best news is that the Scientology corporation will not be making any money off this film, which is the point of this thread.

It will also limit the company's ability to make future money off of Travolta since this puts a dent in his future prospects and earning potential.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. BigBeard Member

My neighbor decided to watch on PayPerView and killed it 20 minutes in. Said he couldn't take any more.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  26. GibbousWaxing Member

I wouldn't want to tell anyone that they can go to YouTube and type "the forger full movie" into the search box, scroll past a few results where they want you to click on a stupid link, then stop when they get to the one uploaded by BESTMOVIES. Especially if they've got the Video Download Helper extension for Firefox.

Cuz that would be wrong, y'know?
    • Like Like x 3
  27. BigBeard Member

Why would anyone want to waste their time downloading a movie that would be an even bigger waste of time to watch?? Between my neighbor's, and the critic's, responses it doesn't even fall into the "so bad it's funny" category. It's just plain "where's the Pepto?" bad.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  28. RightOn Member

This movie has done zilch.
    I read it was only being shown in 9 cities.
    Wat a riot LT was promoting is film and Scientology at the same time.
    I would not be surprised if the COS backed the film so they can have Travolta disseminate COS as damage control for Going Clear. :D
    The timing is uncanny!
    Scientology works and it helps people.
  29. anon8109 Member

30. anon8109 Member

The movie is no longer playing in theaters. It only ran for 2 weeks.
    • Like Like x 4
  31. DeathHamster Member

As long as they hit LA and NYC, it's eligible to be nominated for an Academy Award...
    • Like Like x 1