Customize

"Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology" book by Leah Remini

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by The Wrong Guy, Sep 24, 2015.

1. RightOn Member

Too bad the court case against the COS in Belgium and the fact that they were just raided in Russia weren't mentioned. :(
    Those two things mentioned could have helped immensely.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Here are three more from today:

Scientology tried to discredit Leah Remini with these 'damning claims' | Business Insider

http://www.businessinsider.com/scientology-tried-to-discredit-leah-remini-2015-10

Leah Remini Says Scientology Officials Asked Her to Invite Friend Jennifer Lopez to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Wedding | People

http://www.people.com/article/leah-remini-used-to-recruit-jennifer-lopez-to-scientology

Leah Remini on Scientology: What we learned from '20/20' | USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ni-scientology-what-we-learned-2020/74937324/
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

These videos were uploaded today, and the four of them should amount to most of the 20/20 program.

Leah Remini Recalls When She First Got Involved in Scientology: Part 1

Leah Remini, Her Friend Describe Time in Scientology Sea Org: Part 1

Leah Remini Says She Doesn't Regret Life in Scientology: Part 2

How Leah Remini Says Scientology Helped Her Acting Career: Part 2

• Like Like x 2
  4. SlappyDM Member

Righton... I couldn't agree more, I've tried to imagine the mindset of someone like she or Jenna M Hill or Claire Headly and everything must feel daunting when they leave, while poisonous... It was their touchstone in life in every aspect. Losing your touchstone, your "people", your friends, your family and then facing the "normal" world that you've been taught to rail against your entire life... Well, daunting! I give huge props to all that leave but have immense respect for those raised in the culture.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 5
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

’20/20′ Ratings Spike With Leah Remini Interview | Variety

Excerpts:

ABC’s “20/20,” featuring an exclusive interview with Leah Remini and her days as member of the Church of Scientology, soared to its best averages since last spring’s blockbuster interview with Bruce Jenner. Fox won the night with Game 3 of the World Series...

...“20/20” averaged a 1.7 rating and 8.2 million viewers overall in the 10 o’clock hour — well above the show’s same-day averages this fall (1.2 in 18-49, 4.9 million viewers).

...the 2.5 rating in adults 25-54 for “20/20” last night is the best for any Friday series this fall.

https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/ratings-2020-leah-remini-supergirl-delayed-viewing-1201631055/
    • Like Like x 5
  7. anon8109 Member

That video is from 2 years ago during the first raid.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Quentinanon Member

Ah, you're right. I enjoyed that one so much I neglected to find the later one. The officers carry Kalashnikovs in the more recent raid. A nice upgrade.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Leah Remini says things got weird at celeb-studded dinner before Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes wedding in new book 'Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology'

By Larry Mcshane, New York Daily News

Excerpt:

The Daily News obtained a copy of Remini’s explosive new exposé “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology” in advance of its Tuesday release.

According to Remini’s book, Cruise’s two adopted kids from his previous marriage to actress Nicole Kidman were heavily under the Scientology sway.

Brooklynite Remini shared a post-wedding ride to the airport with kids Bella and Connor, asking if they’d seen their mother recently.

“Not if I have a choice,” snapped Bella, according to the book. “Our mom is a fucking SP.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ientology-new-tell-all-book-article-1.2418961
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Quick comment on ABC News handling of Scientology:

1) They continue to use 1980s stock footage supplied by CoS showing busy/packed auditing rooms.
    Someone from ABC needs to find some balls, visit an open house with a camera, and make THAT the stock footage.

2) Ex-scientology yarns grip viewer attention like nothing else. So why all the cuts, edits, and visual effects? Let Leah tell her tale.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 4
  12. anon8109 Member

13. anon8109 Member

14. anon8109 Member

15. anon8109 Member

16. The Wrong Guy Member

Bestseller: Pre-Orders Send Leah Remini’s Anti-Scientology Book to Number 5 on Amazon with “20/20” Appearance

By Roger Friedman, Showbiz411, November 1, 2015

“Troublemaker” hits stores and amazon on Tuesday. But last night’s show was boffo as they used to say in the trades. Remini just leveled her former cult and revealed Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley as total nut jobs. ABC helped, that’s for sure. Cruise never looked crazier than in those clips of his couch jumping and attacking Matt Lauer.

(On “Access Hollywood” yesterday Billy Bush showed a clip of Cruise going after him with real crazy eyes. Wow. I don’t know if I ever saw that before. As it stands, Cruise won’t be doing business with NBC, Warner Bros., ABC, Disney, or HBO. He’s down to Paramount, Showtime, Netflix and PBS.)

“Troublemaker” is also up to number 22 on Kindle. I ordered one myself.

What we’re getting from Remini, who was in the cult since she was 8, the real story of Sea Org, of Miscavige, of Shelley Miscavige gone missing, of punishments and retribution. We’re also hearing about the Cruise-Holmes wedding and marriage, how Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony figured into all of this, and hearing Kirstie Alley’s voice dripping with bile in messages.

A lot of celebrities have left Scientology. But none who were there since childhood and know the whole story. Scientology can issue all the rotten declarations they want against her and no one will believe them. She comes off as truthful and genuine. People already like her. And she looks great.

Stay tuned.

Source:
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/10/3...es-to-number-6-on-amazon-with-2020-appearance
    • Like Like x 5
  17. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 4
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise 'left baby Suri to cry on the bathroom floor' and Top Gun star's adopted kids won't speak to Nicole Kidman for leaving Scientology, Leah Remini exposé claims
    • Leah Remini said that at a dinner before Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's wedding, she heard Suri crying for several minutes
    • She claims she found three women staring at the baby like she was 'L Ron Hubbard incarnate'
    • She claims that Cruise and former wife Nicole Kidman’s adopted children, Connor and Isabella, were heavily into Scientology
    • Remini said that Connor and Isabella only talked to Kidman when forced
    • Her exposé, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, will be released on Tuesday
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Leah-Remini-claims-Scientology-expos.html

'Free at last': Leah Remini's husband tweets support for his wife after Scientology exposé detailing why she left the religion
    • Angelo Pagan backed his wife ahead of the the release of her tell-all book
    • Uploading a picture of the pair on Instagram saying she was 'proud' of her
    • Responded to messages of support from fans who rallied around Remini
    • In her book, she explains her anger at two high-ranking officials' actions
    • She said she wanted to leave after Tom Cruise and Katie Holme's wedding
    • Pagan also joined the church when he started dating Leah
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ort-wife-Scientology-expos-left-religion.html
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Just to piss of Little Dave:

original-jpg.210378.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Wow — Leaks From Leah Remini's Upcoming Tell-All Book On Scientology Reveal Some REALLY Bizarre Behavior! | Perez Hilton

http://perezhilton.com/2015-11-01-l...entology-book-tell-all-reveal-early-copy-news

What we learned about Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Scientology from Leah Remini’s ’20/20′ interview | The Washington Post

Excerpt:

We know from the documentary “Going Clear” and the book that it’s based on, “Scientology and the Prison of Belief,” that the church keeps detailed, extensive files on its members comprised of “knowledge reports” (write-ups members file against each other when they think an individual is engaging in behavior that’s harmful to the church) and audits (counseling sessions in which members are encouraged to reveal their deepest problems and secrets and discuss knowledge reports about them).

“Going Clear” alleges that Scientology uses those files as a cudgel to keep famous members who might want to leave, and thereby damage the church’s reputation, in check.

Remini’s willingness to be honest about her own flaws, and her understanding of how the church would attempt to discredit her, took some of the bite out of their responses to ABC. Scientology has a pattern of trashing defectors, such as former church spokesman Mike Rinder and Remini, with ad hominem attacks.

“I know my former church and how they deal with people who tell their story, and so I wanted to be the one to say it,” Remini told Harris.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...scientology-from-leah-reminis-2020-interview/
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Leah Remini appearing with Paul Haggis at Barnes and Noble to discuss TroubleMaker.

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780061734958-0

TroubleMakerTribeca.PNG

EDITED TO ADD:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Leah Remini

Author Event (Other)
    Wednesday November 04, 2015 6:00 PM

Tonight we welcome producer, writer and actor Leah Remini. She'll be in conversation with Academy Award winning producer/screenwriter, Paul Haggis. Her book is titled Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology. This will be an event you don't want to miss. Priority seating with book purchase at Barnes & Noble Tribeca. Call the store for details.

Special Instructions
    This will be a wristband event. Purchase book at Barnes & Noble Tribeca for entry. Call the store for details.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 8
  22. From Karen on ESMB:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...per-tomorrow&p=1070325&viewfull=1#post1070325

* * * * * BEGIN EXCEPT * * * * *

Paulette.Leah.Paul.jpg

Paulette Cooper just shared ~~

SCIENTOLOGY & LEAH REMINI ON CNN TOMORROW MORNING...

I'm being interviewed tomorrow morning at 7:45ish, (ET) on CNN's "New Day" where we'll be talking about Scientology and Leah Remini's new book. I hope Tony will be on but he's flying right now so I can't ask him if he'll join me but I hope he does.

++++

Update: Tony can't make it, so it will be Paulette Cooper without him

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 8
  23. SlappyDM Member

Again, thanks "TWG" for letting lazy me not have to search! Your efforts are appreciated!
    • Like Like x 2
  24. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  25. https://instagram.com/p/9iqYldNQVq/

TroubleMakerTribeca1.PNG
    • Like Like x 3
  26. People magazine now has the Bella Cruise called her mother Nicole Kidman "a fucking SP" story.

http://www.people.com/article/leah-remini-scientology-claims-tom-cruise-wedding-new-book
    • Like Like x 2
  27. anon8109 Member

The website also claimed that Remini wrote about seeing Cruise chastise an assistant for serving him a drink in a chipped coffee mug.

"You served me tea in a chipped mug? Do you know who gets served with a mug that's chipped? F---ing DBs," Remini claims Cruise said, according to the website. ("DB" stands for the Scientology term "degraded being," according to RadarOnline.)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 7
  28. anon8109 Member

On 20/20 "the church says that children are no longer admitted into the sea org."

Here's Xander's video from May 2012 showing elementary school aged kids in the sea org.

Nov 2012

• Like Like x 4
  29. anon8109 Member

here's the 20/20 episode

• Like Like x 3
  30. anon8109 Member

In thepreview for this 20/20 episode Leah is asked what she would tell Tom Cruise, but in the episode that scene is not included and the question remains unanswered.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Random guy Member

Very nice to have some verification of how Tom Cruise buggered up his kids lives.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Chapter by chapter, the best parts of Leah Remini’s book ‘Troublemaker’

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, November 2, 2015

Last week, we revealed the contents of numerous “Knowledge Reports” — spying dispatches — that Scientologists submitted about Leah Remini, and which form the basis for some of the most important parts of her new book coming out tomorrow, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology. We were careful, at that time, just to stick to the parts of the book that were related to what was in the KRs, which we had obtained some time ago.

Now, with just a day to go before publication, we’re going to talk a little more about just some of the things we found to be important in the rest of this landmark book.

Introduction. When we sat down to read Leah’s book several weeks ago, we really wondered about her subtitle: “Surviving Hollywood and Scientology.” We figured she must have a lot of stories to tell about becoming a television actress and then landing her huge success with nine years as Carrie Heffernan on The King of Queens. There was her firing from The Talk to dig into, and her great comeback in the last two years with her reality show, It’s All Relative. With so much Hollywood to discuss, would Scientology be an afterthought?

So it was with some surprise and awe that we read her preface, and we were really knocked out by it. It established without a doubt that Troublemaker is primarily Leah’s journey into and out of Scientology, and what she learned about it along the way. If it’s for the Scientology that you picked up her book, you’ll be cheering by the end of this really strongly written opening salvo. In it, she estimates that she spent about $2 million just for Scientology courses, and donated another $3 million. And she places the blame for the “unraveling” of her faith in Scientology on two people: Leader David Miscavige and actor Tom Cruise.

The article concludes:

It’s pretty obvious to us, meanwhile, that Leah Remini and her family frighten David Miscavige down to the soles of his shoes. Leah has suffered none of the harassment that Scientology has thrown at other former ex-members, even prominent ones. Leah has been left alone, unless you count the hilariously backfiring public statements Miscavige puts out under the name of his media mouthpiece, Karin Pouw.

And even though both Ballantine Books and ABC have both been no doubt buried under an avalanche of sternly-worded lawyer letters from Scientology in the last few weeks, the book will come out tomorrow, and Scientology will do nothing about it, just like it couldn’t stop ABC’s interview last week. (Though ABC has caved in the past.)

Leah Remini’s Troublemaker will put Scientology in the spotlight like nothing before. And Scientology never looks good when it’s flooded with revealing light.

Here's the complete article, with open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/02/ch...best-parts-of-leah-reminis-book-troublemaker/
    • Like Like x 3
  33. RightOn Member

this is getting good
  34. anon8109 Member

an ethics officer told her that because of the Star article, she would need to disconnect from her own husband, or he would have to disconnect from his ex-wife and their children. She apparently ignored this suggestion.

This part is shocking. I have never heard of anyone before being ordered to "disconnect", then simply allowed to ignore the order without themselves and the person they were supposed to disconnect from being declared an "SP". The only explanation I can fathom is that since at this point Leah was starring on the popular King of Queens show, she was given the royal treatment by Miscavige where the strict scientology rules don't apply to celebrities in the cult.

I suppose we see a similar situation with Tom Cruise not being forced to disconnect from Suri, but in this case I doubt that he was threatened to disconnect in the first place.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Random guy Member

With the amount of money Remini was funnelling into the cult, I guess she could ignore quite a few things. The cult is very much a case of not all animals being created equal. Fame and money will get you a long way towards avoiding unpleasant situations.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. tippytoe Member

Oh PLEASE let there be some video of this!!!
    • Like Like x 6
  37. I liked this pic so much, I just had to post a superfluous reply so I could look at it a second time.

Disclaimer: I don't have a scroll button on my PC.

EDIT: wtf???