Customize

Tustin April 23 2011

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by i'mglib, Apr 23, 2011.

1. i'mglib Member

So, I guess I should have started this a while ago, but somehow I thought I was going to give Barb that honor.

Let's see, there were 3 of us (ahem!) but we looked like 6 due to the large number of awesome signs (thanks, Signpost!). When we got there, there were a fair number of cars in the parking lot. Then those people left at noon, and a few more, maybe 10 or so cars, arrived at 1pm.

When we saw people coming or going we would quickly pull out the *magic sign* with the pictures of OT8s who have left the church on it. Somehow people can't resist looking at that sign.

Tons of horn love, as usual. It's a great corner to protest on. Cops were called, but they never came out to talk to us.

Then we ate sushi.

Mah photos:

P1020537.jpg
    P1020540.jpg
    P1020541.jpg
    P1020547.jpg
    P1020548.jpg
    P1020549.jpg
    P1020552.jpg
    • Like Like x 8
  2. i'mglib Member

• Like Like x 9
  3. ToSSico Member

cool pics
  4. Gary Moore Member

Good grief! What a dump! So neglected! Are they moving or something?
  5. Anonymous Member

Hey Tustin/San Diego! You make this Tahoe boy Happy.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Touchstone Member

There must have been some scheduled 1pm event, because there was a concentration of cars entering the parking lot about that time; many received benefit of the "OT VIII's are Leaving the Church" sign, complete with pictures!

The place is a run-down, neglected dump, but the story of their 'moving' is a comedy of errors and insufficient funds. Despite their plans, the only place they seem to be going is 'away.'

And the sushi was very nice.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

And you make this Vancouver boy very Happy! Well done. Awesome signage and kewl props! Bravo!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xenubarb Member

Raiding Tustin was a lot like raiding San Diego. Nothing happened.
    Some poor old Scilon was in the parking lot, struggling to get his wheelchair out of his crappy car and assembled. Scilons walking by greeted him but did not help. Poor old fucker. I hope he doesn't think they're going to cure him of his malady.

Cops pulled in to the Sci parking lot, but slipped out without saying howdy. I threw my boom box into my bag as a last second decision; good thing. We wouldn't have had tunes otherwise. Day was nice and mild, unlike that 90 degree stuff last time. Some Scilon drove past us a few times. That was about it for Sci/anon interaction.

• Like Like x 5