Customize

[UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by stuwyatt, Jul 13, 2008.

1. stuwyatt Member

[UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but it needed to be in breaking news to be noticed.

It wasn't brought to my attention until after the protest, but the ubiquitous 'Staff Wanted' sign has been removed from the window at the Plymouth org. I was chatting to Tony from Manchester last night, and he commented that the big 'Staff Wanted' A-board was also missing at the Manchester org.

Could all European anons please check your photos/video's of yesterday (or go down and have a fresh look) and see if this is the same where you are? I think the removal of the signs has a lot to do with Billie's undercover raid the other week when she applied for a job in Plymouth. Mark Goddard (who conducted the interview) did not portray the cult in a very good way, and he basically displayed that the jobs did not exist, and that it was merely a cult recruitment tactic.

So yeah, please check and report back here. If they have removed the staff wanted signs throughout the Europe, this can only be seen as a huge win :)
  2. iaxiloll Member

Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

I smell another Epic .
  3. Guthix Member

STU ftw :hooray::hooray:
  4. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

One Dutch staff-member at the protest yesterday said he would try to get the sign replaced with 'volunteers wanted/vrijwilligers gezocht', since we brought it up. So now it seems he was not being nice, but the change is part of some bigger plan. Probably keeps them out of legal trouble.

So the empty spot might be temporary, they may already have ordered the 'volunteers wanted' signs. Anyways, that will be a lot less effective.
  5. Anne Ominous Member

We already have pictures of the STAFF WANTED signs, as well as the Plymouth Undercover footage. The cult cannot escape the past.
  6. Pacifist Member

Holy fucking lol, I'm surprised I didn't notice that epic enturbulation maneuver earlier. Billie has balls of titanium. Major, major props to you both.

I haven't noticed a "Staff Wanted" sign at the org here in Winnipeg, though admittedly, I didn't pay that close of attention. We typically protest around the corner from our local cult, as we get a lot more attention that way. All I noticed was that it was boarded up and had the curtains drawn. I'll take a look next time I'm in the area.
  7. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

They still don't seem to realize that the curtains will be ineffective.

8. stuwyatt Member

:) Thanks. Billie has ovaries of titanium!

For those who haven't seen the video from the other week:

YouTube - Inside the Plymouth org [Hidden camera] - 'Job' 'Interview'
  9. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

What if they buy a dog?
  10. AYNonymous Member

<----- field-tested dog-proof Anon.
  11. An0nYm0use Member

:hooray:
  12. Pacifist Member

What she did totally goes with the Spy vs Sci theme too. I love it! Is everyone you date as epic as you? :flowers:
  13. anon0004 Member

in hamburg the signs were still there, but I will go check again
  14. gailo Member

Manchester's one went last month actually although no one spotted it until I pointed it out when looking at pictures.

DISREGARD COCKS etc.
    Just been looking for a pic of it and it was gone in May too.
    Sign back in April.
    Same spot in May. (Oh and it was the security guys birthday yesterday so we sang him Happy Birthday before leaving as he's been great every month)
    This is their other sign (which I've never seen out. This pic was taken when we got back from the Plym trip) on the chair to the left and their application log which would be interesting.
  15. asagai Member

Yes, HMRC are currently investigating several ex-staffs' claims that they were not volunteers!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-m...vestigate-working-wages-uk-help-needed-14925/

This sign coming down may be a futile attempt by the slave-cult to pretend their workers are not "staff" but are "volunteers" instead.

But they can't re-write their payslips and Freeloader bills and they can't rewrite the UK National Minimum Wage legislation!

UK ex-staff, if you haven't done so yet, go to the above thread and contact HMRC. PM me if you want help.
  16. stuwyatt Member

Oooh. This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

This is really good news. I believe that the Plymouth sign was taken out of the window due to the undercover vid that we did here, but it seems that others have been removed for far greater reasons :)

Great work guys! I think we have managed to stop one of their main recruitment tactics!!! And not only that, the law is now breathing down their necks, and there is nothing that the cult can do to remove the prior evidence of their fraudulent job offers.

EPIC WIN!
    :)
    xxx
  17. Anon-ymous Member

Epic win indeed. Great work Plymfags for your part in it.
  18. adeathofcult Member

I wondered how long it will take before they go after I saw that vid. Greater things or not, they will have to watch out with those signs these days or they will be milked for every last lulz.
  19. asagai Member

Epic wins are epic!

The way I see it there are multiple pressures on the CofS and Stu-pressure is invaluable!

It's a house of cards and any one thing could bring the whole thing down. All the time the Cof$ is busing fire-fighting (they call these situations "Hill 10's") and they may be too distracted and may not notice the attack that finally brings them down.
  20. flimbos Member

Amsterdam Org still has sign "NOW HIRING" sign "Medewerkers gezocht" it's a bad translation ..
    [IMG]
    the Dutch part is more truthfull . . "Employees wanted"
    "Medewerkers" doesn't realy emply salery as much as "HIRING" does.

But still worth looking into legalese on this one.
  21. anonymitts2 Member

The big, blue sign at Birmingham, UK was nowhere to be seen this Saturday. So, win there methinks.
  22. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

AMSTERDAM

Can you send someone in and ask "Are you hiring staff? (preferably bugged!) but anyway, WHAT ARE THEY PROMISING? any pay? any conditions? What contracts? (Bring out dox if poss) DO IT FAGGOTS!!! iF NOT PHOTOS OF SIGNS.
  23. Knut Member

In Freiburg, Germany all street-facing signs were gone, 1 day after the protest permit was given to frettchen007. Coincidence? Maybe not ;)

If it had not been for the locals, I would never have identified the building. Mailboxes and signs inside the courtyard still identify it as a "Scientology Mission" though. Scientology your Mission is fail!
  24. momISanon Member

I'll check with Elby.....the Nashville Org had a sign up in June....but I didn't pay attention this time. Will check vid.
  25. flimbos Member

Sign is non-changed as picture provided above ^^

Went there early this year and they have a nice list of questions .. might be arsed to look it up tomorrow .. They don't promis staff any pay like the Plymouth vid shows. Can't be arsed to go there atm. They'd immediately voicefag me !!
  26. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

The be exact about the Amsterdam-sign. The guy (high level OT) said (12th of juli) he would discuss replacing the sign with one saying volunteers wanted. He didn't actually promise it, but he brought it up himself. That's why I thought it was worth mentioning. He also said people would be told it was voluntary work right away.
  27. Re: [UK - poss Europe] - Staff wanted signs removed from orgs?

I wasn't sure, and still am not sure. But I just looked it up in the 'van Dale' dictionary, and it does seem to imply payment.

me·de·wer·ker (dem; medewerkster)
    1 iem. die meewerkt aan de totstandkoming van iets
    2 werkkracht, functionaris

1 does not really make sense here, so we'll go with 2.

werk·kracht (de)
    1 werknemer

werk·ne·mer (dem; werkneemster)
    1 iem. die krachtens een overeenkomst voor een ander werkt en daarvoor betaald wordt