Customize

UK Super Injunctions

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2011.

1. WhiteNight Member

Much obliged, I'm sure.

*sigh*

So long story short you're butthurt because you lost a case and your lawyer didn't win it for you? Cry more. Legally speaking, justice done. Life's not fair.
    That just means he's doing his job well. If there wasn't enough evidence, and he persuaded the jury in his favour, then he's done nothing wrong. Put yourself in the supposed criminals shoes and you were innocent but you looked screwed. You lawyer wins it for you. Make him evil does it? He's doing his job, just like the other lawyer is doing his. Other wise you'd just have the stupid arguing his case against the intelligent and smart people would always walk free. I expect you arn't amongst their number.

Yes, contract and libel law has become more faggy and Americanised, but it's playing on human nature. If we didn't sue, they wouldn't do it. Don't blame lawyers because someone gets butthurt for slipping on a wet floor and sues someone else. Not the lawyer doing the suing.

So you begrudge them their wealth? We gave it to them, as a nation. Tell me with a straight face that if you earnt their wages doing whatever, you'd give it away to the poor and needy rather than keep it for yourself and your family and give them an awesome life. Grow up and get of your high horse.

I'm still betting on unemployed.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. But you also know money talks, funny how the best lawyers are the most expensive......by a large wads worth!
  3. WhiteNight Member

Yeah. It's called capitalism. What's that meant to mean anyway? Of course they'll charge the most. If you're the best lawyer in the UK then why charge less than 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best? It just wouldn't make sense. If something's the best, it's more expensive. I struggle to see the controversy here.
    Anyone?
  4. Loki's spawn Member

Yeah, it's really funny. You know, the best cars are also the most expensive, as well as the best houses and computers. I smell a conspiracy.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WhiteNight Member

300px-Not_Illuminati.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Loki's spawn Member

Stealing pictures from the Drama Thread? Shame on you.
  7. WhiteNight Member

Drama cannot be contained in a mere thread. Case and point; this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Not 'butthurt' and check my post, I won my case, that was years ago, it was an example, don't read between the lines as your too short sighted. I'm quite a way through my life and only been unemployed once, for two weeks, so fuck you, judgemental twat. I was merely trying to point out that the legal profession is now an industry driven by cash, and a hell of a lot of it, the same as footballers, actors, musicians etc they cannot justify nor need the bucket loads of money swelling their bank accounts, it's obscene as is the fact your chances of getting off go up depending on your monetary worth. The system can be bent by cash.

Fuck me for a suposidly intelligent person your condescending, maybe you should look at how twisted your perception of the world is before labelling those you have absolutely no experience of.
  9. Anonymous Member

lol.
  10. WhiteNight Member

I can almost taste the irony.
    Don't like capitalism? Go to china. No lawyers, musicians, actors or footballers to bawww about, plenty of soldiers though. You'd love it. I'm sure they have a much higher standard of living than us poor oppressed brits.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Loki's spawn Member

1129d1302354891t-u-mad-bro.jpg
  12. The original post is about super injunctions, and the like, not capitalism, try to keep up.

13. Nah, just bad at spelling as someone was so keen to point out.
  14. Maybe that if your poor and in a fix with the law your fucked? Possibly?
  15. Loki's spawn Member

The point is that capitalism is fundamentally based on the money hungry attitude that you find so despicable in lawyers. Try to keep up.
  16. WhiteNight Member

You're complaining about the fact that the western world is run on a capitalist system. People with money on the top, everyone else down below. Way of the world.
  17. Loki's spawn Member

Did you read the part about the pro bono lawyers earlier itt? You said that you were all familiar with them.
  18. Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought that no one was above the law? all equal? Super injunctions prove that's not so.

Thats what most have be bleating on about on here? Freedom of information etc etc
  19. I sort of worked that one out.

I was complaining that the legal system is up for sale, not mentioned capitalism, thread isnt about that
  20. How many top lawyers take on pro Bono cases, when they can be earning £1000 per hour in court defending companies like Sony for instance?
  21. WhiteNight Member

It's optional but for nearly all law firms and law schools it's obligatory for trainees. Their tutors oversee them and help when necessary. Are you saying it's unfair that all the best lawyers don't give up their time for free when they could be making money? I'm sure, were you in their possition, spending thousands upon thousands on your education and around 6 years of your life to become a lawyer, then a further 10-20 to become one of the best, you'd be more than willing to sit and do everything for free. I'm sure.

Ummm.... they're not above the law. They still have to deal with criminal charges if they've commited a crime. They just pay us millions not to talk about it. I think it's wrong and have been arguing against it all the way through this thread and actively fighting against it for years. I think it's an affront to our civil liberties and I think injunctions should be governed by parliament, not the courts. Your narrowminded view of the legal proffession is idiotic however.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Loki's spawn Member

23. WhiteNight Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. Everyones bleating about freedom of speech and how super injunctions stop that to a point, well the lawyers are part of that problem, driven by the large amounts of money to be made, they are not blameless. And say that they work hard to get where they are, which I partially accept, but you spoil it buy saying if I were in their shoes would I do it for free, taking it to silly extremes!
  25. Loki's spawn Member

^Lol'd.
  26. Bored now, night all.
  27. Loki's spawn Member

The lawyers do not make the law. Their job is to defend their client at any cost. Many are not driven by money, but by a desire to genuinely help people.
  28. WhiteNight Member

Not a silly extreme. You're grouping them into... well a group... of money-hungry, amoral bastards. I'm saying, that would you be so different in their shoes? I can't think of a reductio ad absurdum argument atm, but let me get back to you on that one.
    No, it's not lawyers fault. It's politicians' fault for writting laws that allow this to happen.

Yeah, but and money. Let's not suck their cock too much shall we? lol
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Loki's Spawn and WhiteNight this is yours
    job_well_done_certificate_gold.png
    • Like Like x 1