Customize

United Nations grants Special Consultative Status to Scientology front group

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by COS and NOI News, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:06 AM.

1. United Nations grants Special Consultative Status to Scientology front group Fundación para la Mejora de la Vida la Cultura y la Sociedad (Foundation for the Improvement of Life, Culture and Society) .

Rod Keller broke the story on Tony Ortega's website:

https://tonyortega.org/2019/08/11/scientologys-efforts-to-suck-up-to-power-is-appearing-to-pay-off/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This week Scientology is celebrating a decision at the United Nations. Front group Fundación para la Mejora de la Vida, la Cultura y la Sociedad received Special Consultative Status from the United Nations. It’s led by Ivan Arjona Pelado (speaking in the above photo), a senior member of the Office of Special Affairs, or OSA. He and Eric Roux are main actors to attract allies to Scientology in Europe.

We previously reported on a religious freedom summit involving Pelado, Roux, Mitchell, and Ambassador Brownback. That effort appears to have borne fruit as this status will improve Scientology’s ability to address the UN through reports and presentations. They will also be allowed to organize conferences within the United Nations and attract allies from around the world.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

I did some additional research, and I was able to locate the first page of the UN letter granting Special Consultative Status:

CgUtlAM.png

I was also able to locate the 54-page booklet "Working with ECOSOC: an NGOs Guide to Consultative Status."

http://csonet.org/content/documents/ECOSOC%20Brochure_2018_Web.pdf

Some relevant pages from the booklet are set forth below.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    YbZofad.png

P9RE5L8.png