Customize

Upcoming in Toronto (spin off planning threads as needed)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DeathHamster, Apr 24, 2015.

1. DeathHamster Member

Fri, May 8 Going Clear at TIFF Lightbox

First Canadian showing of Going Clear.
    Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
    Opens May 8
    The highly anticipated new documentary from Academy Award-winner Alex Gibney (The Armstrong Lie) investigates the controversial and secretive Church of Scientology, tracing its inception by L. Ron Hubbard to recent practices as revealed by high-profile ex-members.
    No times yet. They seem to list their schedule for the next seven days.

Mon, June 22 – Tue, June 23 The Unbreakable Miss Lovely tour

Tony Ortega with Paulette Cooper for the book launch tour of The Unbreakable Miss Lovely. No times or venue yet.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=d9h8huuqu202cuejos8479mjuo@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Toronto
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BlooAnon Member

If I lived in TO, I'd be all over that.
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. AuntAnonymous Member

Exciting times in TO for $cilon watching: a screening of "Going Clear", Ortega book tour with Ms Cooper and a conference with a wonderful bunch of experts.

The biggest mission is to get the right people at that conference -- educators, law enforcement, intelligence, business, drug rehabs, politicians and anyone who else who can get suckered by all things $cilon.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

Special Presentation!

Monday, May 4, 7pm.
    Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief introduced by Alex Gibney

Academy Award-winner Alex Gibney (The Armstrong Lie) presents this special preview of his highly anticipated new documentary, and is joined by former Scientologist spokesperson Mike Rinder for a post-screening discussion.

http://tiff.net/programming/spring2...-clear-scientology-and-the-prison-of-belief-1

Annnnd it's gone.

I tried to get a ticket but it's sold out. There's the chance of rush tickets 15 minutes before showtime, but that seems unlikely.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2