Discussion in 'Media' started by LarryBren, May 30, 2011.
Aw, come on faggots!
I did it.
VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN! WE HAVE TO BEAT THE SCILONS!!!!
Organized scientology is conducting a campaign to discredit Janet Reitman's book "Inside Scientology The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion" through lies and do anything they can to stop its sales.
They do this through constant false "reviews" and general postings wherever the book is mentioned, issuing their own press release about the book and demanding equal time which they use to lie about themselves, Janet and the book.
For example, just this past Monday July 25, they had "equal time" on a Florida radio station that had interviewed Janet earlier. There is nothing wrong with equal time except they used it to lie about Janet, the book and themselves. This included major lies and statements to give a false idea about them like:
1. they have millions and millions of members;
2. they are in a huge expansion;
3. they are the largest humanitarian group in the world;
4. Miscavige is a wonderful person and all negative said in the book about him by Janet, on that radio show by me or by anyone else is completely false. Miscavige per them is a kind and wonderful person;
5. People can get auditing free at free scientology centers so it is not about money;
6. No one is hurt by organized scientology or in the Sea Org.
In this book Janet did everything she could to tell the truth about scientology and organized scientology in a fair and objective way. She accomplished that. Reviews from major publications all over the place continue to say that the book is great, how fair it is and how it is so important.
BUT, as they do anywhere the truth is told about them and they do not like what is said, organized scientology is working hard to ensure this important book is not read.
Some have asked what they can do to help when they have little time or resources to help.
The answer is simple:
1) every time organized scientology attacks Janet and her book with their lies, just post your own comments there or call in to that show and tell the truth. If they vote a true article down, you can vote it up. If they have a radio show or article coverage and use it to lie, just add the truth from yourself in a couple or a few sentences. Or call in and tell the truth; and
2) go to your local book stores and ask them to feature or keep featuring the book prominently on display tables, in windows and so forth. In our local Borders it was not even up front with new hardcover non-fiction books. It was buried in the religious section and even I who support the book thought for a few days they did not have it in stock.
I am asking no one to be my personal army. All I am saying is that if enough people do one or both of the above very simply things, all actions to stop this book and hide behind lies by organized scientology will be countered effectively IMO.
And by far most importantly this incredibly rare and golden opportunity to get out the truth broadly about scientology and organized scientology will have been seized and the truth will get out to a huge public.
An opportunity this big to get out the truth about organized scientology on such a broad scale may not come again in our lives. And helping to get the truth out in one of the two ways noted above is so easy to do.
Perhaps some food for thought FWIW
The CoS has become a "Lie Factory", much like what is happening in EU with the "Eurozone" and Islamification through immigration. Don't tell small lies, tell BIG ones. And then repeat ad nauseum.....and it is all a cloaking operation for greed.
LOL. Bumping and recommending did work out, I think.
See the "most popular" list on the right.
How COULD you not mention Ed Gein?
Compounded Annual Growth Rate = (MEMBERS2011 / MEMBERS1971) ^ (1/YEARS) - 1
= (50,000 / 10,000,000) ^ (1/40) - 1 = -12.4% per annum
The Jewish Daily
Janet Reitman takes a look "Inside Scientology:
Have upvoted good anti-cult comments..
I saw wat u did thar
your mark now has been reassessed from a B- to an A
This is exponential growth. It is just negative growth.
What's your point?
"Janet Reitman: They actually have a lot of Jewish members. They claim that you can be a member of any other religion and still do Scientology. In reality you can’t, because your beliefs are going to clash. Scientology has appealed to Jews because it seems to be about self-exploration… In reality it’s very doctrinaire, and it does not allow for debate. It’s anti-Jewish in that way."
Read more: http://www.forward.com/articles/140388/#ixzz1TKPKh3xd
one of her best interview yet. Comments are open.
We are up to 97 Recommends. Well done, my beloved faggots!!!
I posted a review on amazon.co.uk (hasn't appeared yet)
EDIT. It's up, on http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RSRB...e=UTF8&ASIN=0618883029&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=
Basically I found it thought provoking, but I would have loved a book which preached to the converted.
So, Jonny Jacobson, perhaps it's time to dust off those notes and make a book in the mold of your excellent blog?
the Jewish Daily Foward
Author Janet Reitman Takes Look ‘Inside Scientology’
New Book Investigates Controversial Religion, From Jewish Perspective
By Allison Gaudet Yarrow
Yid Lit podcast
I plan to donate my copy to the local library once finished.
144. GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
Over 150. #1 on Recommended List now.
Well done fags.
Unfortunately, Jonny's time will be occupied for a while as his baby son grows up.
I am now describing Janet's book as "indispensable". It is an engaging book for those who know little about the cult. It also opens the way for other histories on particular topics. Here are a few I would like to see -
Acceptable Truths: A History Of Scientology Front Groups
Stuck in the Cold War: A History Scientology's Intelligence Agencies
Going To Guns: A History of Scientology's Hate Campaigns Against Social Services and the Mental Health Professions
You Can Do Something About It!: The Case for The Social Marginalization of the Church of Scientology and its Front Groups
Suggestion: Why don't you circulate to other anons in your area if your have other anons around where you live?
(in memory of Cyril,
circulation would increase in a library, no?
"They Have The Goods On Everybody"
Interview different than the others.
Sadly, the copypasta comments are likely to be the same.
Janet is on Inside Edition tonight. Not sure what time. She's mentioned in the teaser.
In think some U.S. affiliates have already broadcast today's show and in other places it is yet to air. Check your local tv schedules (see the "where to watch" dropdown menu at the top right of their web page).
Author of Inside Scientology Sits Down with INSIDE EDITION
Janet's "SP Stare" is something to behold....
more positive comments needed
the undercover OSAs are coming out swinging
Not gonna read this monster thread again, but this interview http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/29/us-books-scientology-idUSTRE76S6S120110729 is linked on Drudgereport. That's another 200,000 eyes or so.
Choose a color via Color picker or click the predefined style names!