Customize

URSULA CABERTA RETIRES FROM STATE OF HAMBURG GOVERNMENT

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Graham Berry, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Graham Berry Member

IMPORTANT NEWS. On February 1, 2013 Fr. Ursula Caberta of the State of Hamburg Working Group on Scientology is retiring after more than twenty years of being one of the biggest thorns in the side of the Church of Scientology. She has been a heroic fighter and seeker of the truth who has endured some of the worst imaginable "fair game" from the Church's Office of Special Affairs and it's covert agents. Wikipedia has a good page on her but I was not able to share it. I want to thank Ursula from her wonderful friendship to me over the years and what she has done to expose the human rights and civil rights abuses of the corporate Church of Scientology and it's leader David Miscavige. Ursula is now writing what she claims is her final book on the Church and its sordid history of blackmail, bribery and secular fraud.

Graham Berry
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. RightOn Member

Enjoy your life Ursula and THANK YOU for all your hard work and I am sorry for what the cult has put you through.
    The fight continues

and hai Graham! Its been a long time
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Random guy Member

Salute to Ursula Caberta! She's been a tough one, no doubt about that!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega has just written about this.

Ursula Caberta Retiring: Her Thoughts On Fighting Scientology in Germany for 20 Years

Tomorrow, Ursula Caberta will retire from her post with the Hamburg state government after spending more than 20 years investigating Scientology’s influence in Germany.

Yesterday, we had a lengthy telephone conversation with her, and reviewed some of the highlights of her career, which was one of the most troublesome for Scientology in Europe.

“I’m done with my work for Hamburg. I’m free to do other things, including finishing my final book on Scientology,” she says.

Continued at
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/31/ur...fighting-scientology-in-germany-for-20-years/
    • Like Like x 5
  6. amaX Member

Ursula Caberta has been tireless and brave in her stance against the cult of scientology. I admire and respect her. She deserves to have a beautiful and calm retirement. She will probably never see this thread, but I want to wish her all the best anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. Kilia Member

Many blessings Ursula and thank you for your dedicated service!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

An extremely brave and courageous woman! Bravo, for a distinguished and meaningful career! <3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

You heard her guys, she'll only re-visit the U.S. if Miscavige is behind bars. Make it so!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's an article dated February 22, 2013:

Scientology is still a red flag in Germany | DW.de

Critics in Germany accuse the Scientology sect of denying fundamental human rights. The organization insists that it's a religion. While it is not banned, Germany's domestic intelligence monitors the group.

Ursula Caberta has given up. The former Commissioner of the Scientology Task Force for the city of Hamburg is Germany's best known Scientology critic and is a highly regarded expert far beyond Hamburg. The fact that she has recently resigned from her post shows just how difficult the fight against the sect and its structures is.

For almost two decades, Caberta was in charge of dealing with Scientology for the Hamburg Senate. Her aim was not simply to inform about the organization but also to help people that wanted to leave and get out. For her, Scientology is not just the problem of individual victims, but a threat to the national security of Germany. "I realized that Scientology is not a religion, but a totalitarian organization with a leadership cult and master race ideology." Caberta called for a ban – but never got the political support she would have needed.

The Hamburg Senate also didn't support her as much as it could have. For financial reasons it closed the work group on Scientology in 2010 and handed the individual counseling over to the domestic intelligence agency. Caberta could have continued with her work, but no longer had any staff. She has now thrown in the towel because the political support is no longer there. "When there are not enough funding, it gets difficult to do the job," the 62-year-old told DW.

<snip>

Declining influence

Scientology is not banned in Germany, but court cases, media focus and reports by the domestic intelligence service have led to a declining number of followers in Germany as well as in many other European countries. "If Scientology were not under investigation, or if there was less attention from the authorities, the organization would become more aggressive again and would be able to grow," Napieralla believes. Scientology ruthlessly attacks its critics. "There is a a special unit, the so-called Office of Special Affairs, with a department in Germany," he says. Scientology does not shy away from putting pressure on critics and spying on them, Napieralla explains.

And he should know. The Hamburg domestic intelligence office receives more than 500 requests for help each year from people who want information or want to leave the group. "Even if it's clearly going downhill with Scientology, they still cause a lot of anxiety and insecurity. They aim to reach a broad spectrum of society and they do a lot of subversive work," notes Napieralla. Ursula Caberta is convinced that the efforts against Scientology have to be kept up. "This is an organization that has survived many crises in the past," she warns. "If you don't keep up the work, they will quickly recover."

The full article is at www.dw.de/scientology-is-still-a-red-flag-in-germany/a-16620384
    • Like Like x 2