Customize

US DoD funding of Scientology Detox Programs and Gulf War Veterans

Discussion in 'US Army FOIA Scientology' started by HellRazor, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Find the house and senate subcommittes that deal with military

You could inform:
    http://www.jcs.mil/
    Office of the Joint Chiefs
    Pentagon, DC

----------------

Director Institute for Defense Analysis < reports directly to Sec of Defense

-----

Etc...

The buzz would get noticed and even if it does nothing you would be informing a few mil big shots

Regards
    Arnie
  2. First, while I know I linked it before I think the ESMB thread on this is useful:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ng-Church-of-Scientology-Purification-Rundown

For example, I like these:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...cation-Rundown&p=900077&viewfull=1#post900077

• Like Like x 3
  3. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...logy-Purification-Rundown&p=900081#post900081

• Like Like x 2
  4. lulzRus Member

Someone leak the consent form plox.

It's supposed to describe the risks associated with this shit. IRB in big, big trouble if they are not adequately described.

I hope nobody with impaired kidney function, or who has donated a kidney, is admitted. It could transform "impaired function" into "destroyed kidneys".
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Random guy Member

Sam Neill is a Brit. They have an NHS, he doesn't need to do toothbrush commercials to pay his health bills like former Freedom Magazine editor Jim Lynch. Neither is Neill to my knowledge particularly stupid, nor a clam.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

Love it long time Scientologist.

http://www.xenu.net/entheta/entheta/media/internet/toronto/1995-008.html
    • Like Like x 2
  7. The Internet Member

You guys rock. Just saying.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dr. Kathleen Kerr (Canadian Scilon doctor), is on staff at Womens' College Hospital. She is involved in this project. I called the Women's College Research Institute's Research Ethics Office and asked if their Research Ethics Board is aware of the study and they are.

Please email your concerns to the ethics board: ethics@wchospital.ca
  10. Anonymous Member

Not much listed, but for what it's worth, here it is:

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/kathleen-kerr.html

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 6.18.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 6.18.40 PM.png
    • Like Like x 6
  11. HellRazor Member

I'm working on a harpoon.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. HellRazor Member

Harpoon launched. Waiting for effect. We should get David Love in here.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. deirdre Member

Awesome work!
  14. tinfoilhatter Member

15. I read the posts here with great interest. I also read the entire research protocol. It is a good research project. It will either provide evidence that the intervention is helpful or it is not. It is important to let science do the work. The project should go forward based on the science not based on innuendo. All these ideas to email this agency or that agency are a waste of time because the project has gone through multiple levels of approval and through multiple agencies. Do you really think that all of the people at these agencies, university IRBs, and a private IRB missed all of these things you are talking about?
  16. The Internet Member

Hubbard’s protocol is not plausible for several reasons. For one, people do not sweat out toxins. Also mega niacin is toxic to livers.

Go look at Bayes’ Theorem and see what happens when the prior probability is close to zero. Or I will just tell you if you are not a math person: any positive outcome will be a false positive.

So really bad waste of research dollars.

Just to elaborate on the false positive: let’s pick something we all agree will not work, like using Tic-Tacs to treat athlete’s foot. Somebody designs a careful study with a control group and everything and OMG! the Tic-Tacs work better than placebo!

No, they do not. That result is a false positive because the Tic-Tacs have a low prior probability .

Even with highly plausible treatments, 1/20 results are false positives because the p value is set at 0.05.

If you start studying treatments with low prior odds, that 1/20 false positives goes up quick. People who pass out grants and IRB boards should know this and they need to stop studies likely to give us only false positives.

Some dox to back up my point about the danger of using sound scientific methods to determine if some low probability claim is true or not: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...cret-of-evidence-based-alternative-medicine-2
    • Like Like x 7
  17. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 3
  18. RightOn Member

How about the latest findings and court case in Ok. where the agency buried the investigative report?
    The State was told that NN should be shut down and they buried the report to escape going to court with Scientology.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. BigBeard Member

Not going to be buried much longer. Judge told the state to turn the report over to the lawyers sueing NN AH, and gave them the okay to depose the lady who put it together. NN's lawyers were not happy with either ruling. Details on TonyO's.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  20. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Today, Tony Ortega posted this:

Government money for a study of Scientology’s ‘Purification Rundown’

There’s a good new story this morning by the Capital Gazette’s Rema Rahman about a situation that’s been a concern to Scientology watchers for several years. Back in 2011, the researchers over at WhyWeProtest.net noticed that the Department of Defense was funding a study that was testing the effects of Scientology’s “detox” program on Gulf War veterans.

We wish Rahman had looked into some of the things WWP found back in 2011, that some of the co-investigators of the study had direct ties to Scientology itself. As for the lead investigator, David O. Carpenter, here he is on Alex Jones’ loopy conspiracy-obsessed website saying that cell phones cause cancer. (Mayo Clinic: “To date there’s no convincing evidence that cellphone use increases the risk of cancer.”)

So you have a credulous investigator who is on record saying he’s convinced the Purification Rundown is effective, working with a small group of veterans suffering with very real symptoms but from a maddeningly difficult reason to pin down, and asking them if they feel better after sitting in a sauna and running on a treadmill. Any doubt they’ll say yes? But we’ll be really interested to see if Carpenter really thinks he can prove L. Ron Hubbard’s “science” — that marijuana or LSD or other drugs are stored in fatty tissue and can be “restimulated” even years later unless “detoxed” with the purification rundown. Yeah, good luck with that.

Source, and open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/14/sc...s-a-little-human-trafficking-between-friends/
    • Like Like x 4
  22. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 5
  23. DeathHamster Member

And this is why I try to tag every name in news articles:
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Intelligence Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s...nds-scientology-detox-program?cid=db_articles

U.S. Department of Defense funds Scientology detox program

Published Dec. 14, 2014 by Cult Examiner, David Love: "Jim Long, a spokesman for the New York City Fire Department, told The Capital some members of the department found the detoxification program useful, but that the department had no official opinion on its effectiveness. Long said there were reports some members of the department had adverse effects when they stopped taking their medication. We don't support it," Long said. "We're not going to get into any type of position that we're against it."
    • Like Like x 5
  25. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. Fuck the cult. I'm hearing way too much bad news about them getting further out despite everything we're doing.

Frankly, I'm sick of all the cult shit constantly regurgitated by TO and Rinderburn on their blogs. That new one, seccheck.wordpress.com, is nothing but cult bullshit all over the world - it almost looks like a scilon promo site. Putting it out there isn't helping to take the cult down, it's just helping get out their message. And it's pissing me off.

AFAIK, the faster HBO and the BBC can come out with their documentaries the better. I just hope that they don't forward even more cult promotion.
  27. ^^^Another confuse guest poster.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

29. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  30. RightOn Member

Would it make sense to write the Mayor of this town or not? I guess you can't blame the billboard company? They are clueless and a buck is a buck? But where does a town draw the line on what is considered acceptable advertising?
    The town needs to know what the CCHR's Industry of Death shows in their "museum". Especially the holocaust claims.
    Will post this question in the other thread too.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Intelligence Member

These signs by LAMAR are not cheap and we discovered 2 more in the nearby area alone.

ft6kl.jpg

I contacted a Representative from LAMAR for a quote and finally receive a reply:

• Like Like x 1
  32. Intelligence Member

First, THANK YOU, Mr. 'The Wrong Guy - Anon' for posting the above LINK for me. I'm over the top
    busy right now preparing Dox this week for an appearance at the Montreal Courthouse.

'RightOn' - This matter does have a few legs with one Veteran who said:

ALSO, last night I received the following Private Message:

• Like Like x 7
  33. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
  34. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
  35. RightOn Member

nice David!!!
  36. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
  37. Yes, he did. And I would like to set the record straight:

Dr. David E. Root is a devout Christian and an Elder in the Presbyterian Church (http://www.carmichaelpres.org/MB 2014-02/Officers-Elect 2014.pdf#page=2). As a non-biased Medical Director for the medically supervised and publicly available HealthMed Clinic, Root's innovative use of the Hubbard detoxification method to treat chemical exposure injuries brought relief, albeit subjective, to thousands of patients. That's just good medicine.

This method has been compensated by workers comp insurance and the gov't has funded studies to prove that detox is an option for vets suffering from Gulf War Syndrome based on his testimony.(http://cdmrp.army.mil/search.aspx?LOG_NO=GW093066).

In a report from the Utah Meth Cops Project, the NIH reports that "In view of the positive clinical outcomes in this group, broader investigation of this sauna-based treatment regimen appears warranted." (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573677/)

I speak from experience. I completed the detox program in 1985 and have enjoyed excellent health ever since. Toxins cause a lot of diseases and cancers, and any health or wellness program would benefit from the clean foundation this detox program creates for the human body.

I am not a Scientologist. I have no use for any organized religion as the detox program gave me back my ability to think for myself and even recovered 10 IQ points that were lost to drugs and environmental toxins (pesticides, herbicides, chlorine, fluoride, lead, aluminum, mercury, radiation, water-borne drugs & estrogens, amalgam fillings, Teflon and other chemicals).

The physicians who claim this is quackery and nonsense are towing the Big Pharma line, because they are afraid of the AMA taking away their license. If the pharmaceutical industry can't profit from this detox method, then it MUST be shunned and ridiculed. Dr. Root is a brave man for bringing this treatment into the light of scrutiny, and the results have been remarkable.

Tell me, how can one do a study with a control group other than to revisit those who went through the program to those who didn't, 10 years later -- like they did with victims of the Chernobyl disaster? There's no placebo for a control group!

So be afraid of Scientology, after all, I believe (read "know") that they are a front group for the Illuminati's minion recruiting machine. But don't criticize Dr. Root for being the medical maverick that he is.