Customize

USA Today: Jada Pinkett Smith - "I want people to know who I really am"

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by DiaSciRev, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Re: USA Today: Jada Pinkett Smith - "I want people to know who I really am"

This is what has bothered me the most about this situation.

This isn't a public school. Its a private school. Just like, say a Catholic High School. I expect to see the nuns walking around as teachers. I expect that catechism is part of the curriculum.

This is a private school. Where study tech is being taught. Where most (not sure about all) of the staff are scientologist.

Its a Scientology school being funded by the Smiths.

As to whether or not they are Scientologist well none of us can say unequivocally because they deny it all the time. Personally I believe they deny it because they don't want accidentally their whole career.
  2. Herro Member

No. Your analogy fails. Unlike a Catholic school, the beliefs of Scientology aren't being taught in this school.
  3. Anonymous Member

Says who? Will Smith. Well if you believe then you do. I don't.
  4. Herro Member

Why?
  5. Anonynamefag Member

We have no proof whether they are or they aren't. We can't say for sure either way.
  6. Herro Member

Yes but from what we do know, they aren't.
  7. Snake Member

Lurk in this thread moar.

Read what I posted. They are not teaching Scientology, they are teaching a modified version of Study Tech, where they have taken out most parts they deemed were too "Scientology".
  8. RightOn Member

Oh there you are , right on cue.
    Like I said..... IN MY OPINION.
  9. Anonymous Member

I'm not seeing a good reason to pay a licensing fee to Applied Scholastics for the use of such basic techniques. Why would someone who is not a scientologist want to expend scarce financial resources for obvious teaching methods like you describe?

You're claiming to know quite a bit about how Hubbard Tech is used in this school. Maybe you know many non-scilon operated schools are using this tech vs. scilon operated schools? Please exclude the non-scilon schools who have not been informed of the tie to scientology.
  10. Anonymous Member

First let me start with, I have no dox or pics.

Leading up to before Chanology started he was making statements in support of Scientology. I'm not going into the debate whether Scientology is good thing or not. His extremely close association with Tom Cruise during a period time when TC was being very forward with his beliefs. This also happen to be a time when Cruise had made several decisions personally and professionally that was pulling more and more people in and surrounding himself with true believers (i.e. got rid of his publicist for his sister, finally getting his mother into scientology).

On top of this according to Jada she had been the first to see the famous Suri post birth. Jada had also been making more statements prior to Chanology regarding Scientology. Including talking about how she was applying Study Tech while she was HOME SCHOOLING her children. Once again, not going to get into the debate on the beliefs of Scientology, pro or con.

Is it rumor and conjecture. Yes. Doesn't mean that it isn't true. The application of the Study Tech while home schooling the children is what initially started to lean towards believing that they actually are Scientologist without acknowledging it.

There have been many Hollywood stars over the years that quietly practiced and publicly denied being Scientologist.

So I find his denials more than a little suspect.

Plus, I do believe the lady doth protest to much.
  11. Anonymous Member

^ This was in answer to "Why?"
  12. Anonymous Member

shh, u dont know the rules
    herro calls people on speculation and unsupported facts
    herro gets to speculate on any facts at any time
  13. Anonymous Member

either jada's titties need to be posted

or this thread needs to be dry-roasted
  14. Anonymous Member

If the original quote had been anything like "I am not not X" you'd be quite right. However, original quote wasn't.

also protip:
    "not saying I am" != "not"
  15. Herro Member

So you think he's a scientologist because he said he's not a scientologist? Makes perfect sense.

I don't have to speculate. Will Smith has said he isn't a scientologist and he hasn't been going to orgs or doing courses or anything else that makes one a scientologist. I don't have to prove anything because I'm not the one speculating and making claims. Can I prove that you aren't a scientologist? No. So does that make you a scientologist?
  16. Suzette Member

If she uses "tech" to improve her life, she's a Scientologist, by Scientology's own definition.

The only ambiguity I see here is that Scientologists will try to tell you study tech is not Scientology. The only reason for this is that Scientology is supposed to be a religion and religions cannot be sold to public schools. But the only reason they try to pass it as a religion is that they get tax advantages from it. So if Jada Pinkett-Smith isn't a Scientologist, it's only because of the vagaries of US tax and school laws. We might call her a "Hubbardist" or something like that.

In a country with different tax laws, she would unquestionably be a Scientologist. So even if she doesn't know she's a Scientologist--sorry, she's fits at least one of the standard definitions to a Tee.
  17. Herro Member

No. They aren't using any of the religious teachings of Hubbard. And what does tax law have to do with anything? Religion is an identity. If you don't identify as a scientologist, then you're not a scientologist. And asside from adapting the study tech, they haven't said word one about using scientology. So I don't know where you're getting that from.
  18. OHSHI Member

I'm not a Scientologist, but...
  19. OHSHI Member

No, from what we know we don't know what we don't know does that make sense to you Herro?
  20. OHSHI Member

He funded a scilon school, but...
  21. Herro Member

It's not a scilon school.
  22. Suzette Member

According to Scientology, the official definition of Scientologist is anyone who uses the tech. This is according to pooks, who I figure knows. Therefore Pinkett-Smith is a Scientologist, by that definition.

Now the next issue is whether study tech = Scientology tech. If it isn't, you could be a study technologist without being a Scientologist. This is where tax law comes in. If Scientology were not a religion in any way, shape, or form, they'd have no trouble saying Study tech is a subset of Scientology. In countries where there is no tax benefit to being a religion, they don't claim to be a religion. So Pinkett-Smith would unquestionably be a Scientologist by the above definition in a country where Scientology is not a religion.

Self-identification is not necessarily the definition of religion. It often is used for surveys and the like, but a good many churches define it otherwise. For example, there are far more people who self-identify as Jehovah's Witness or Christian Scientist than there are people who meet those sects own strict definitions. And there are many people who don't consider themselves Catholic, but are considered to be so by the Catholic church. So I don't consider religion to be an identity, nor do I consider self-identification to be the only basis for determining religious affiliation.
  23. RightOn Member

Let's not forget when Will passed out Scientology "wrap presents" to crew members.

and this comment from Will:
    "the ideas of the Bible are 98% the same ideas of Scientology"

Jan 2008
    Will Smith has joined the ranks of Hollywood power players actively recruiting for the Church of Scientology.

Big stars traditionally distribute "wrap presents" to crew members after completing a film. His recent gift after wrapping next summer's comedy "Hancock" was a card good for a personality test at your local Scientology center.

Fun!

Never mind that such tests are given free by the church anyway. The quiz is designed to convert people to the religion by identifying personality flaws that - surprise! - Scientology can fix right up for you.

For a fee, of course.

Smith, who is best buddies with Scientology booster Tom Cruise, has never confirmed that he joined the church. But he told "Access Hollywood" last month: "I was introduced to it by Tom, and I'm a student of world religion. I was raised in a Baptist household. I went to a Catholic school, but the ideas of the Bible are 98% the same ideas of Scientology, 98% the same ideas of Hinduism and Buddhism."

Presumably the other 2% is the part about the evil space emperor who put the hydrogen bombs in the volcano.

Smith's rep was traveling with the actor yesterday and unavailable for comment.

Gatecrasher: Will Power Boosts Scientology | Scientology Lies
  24. Anon1720 Member

I personally don't think that the Smiths are scientologists but they support a dangerous cult by defending Cruise, allowing study tech in their school and by giving the cult money. Anons have given Will Smith plenty of paperwork to educate him yet he and his wife continue to support Tom and scientology therefore they can both fuck off in my books.
  25. Oswald2001 Member

JPS and WS:

- Walk like ducks
    - Quack like ducks
    - Smell like ducks
    - Have feathers like ducks
    - Eat duck food
    - Produce duck crap
    - Have the highest profile duck pals
    - Opened up a duck school
    - Use duck staff there
    - Use duck 'study tech' (and God knows what other duck 'tech')
    - Donate large sums of money to a duck CULT
    - Hands out free duck 'stress tests' to promote a duck CULT

So...what makes everyone think they are ducks?

Don't jump to conclusions.

Besides, the ducks have already said that they are not ducks.
  26. RightOn Member

Fuck the ducks

Further more... I have friends with various religions.
    If they asked me to pass out material on their church , I would decline.
    PLUS, they would never ask me to do so.Who would?
    Why do people think that the Smiths are meerly sympathizers?
    WHO promotes other friend's religions when they are NOT in it themselves? NOBODY!
  27. anonymous612 Member

Then again, Tom Cruise autographed two masks and I think we're all pretty certain he's a scifag.

Hell, our OSA handler comes out to speak to Anons. What's your point again?
  28. Tom Socrates Member

Am I the only one to notice the apparent vacant, dead look in Will and Jada's eyes?
  29. Anonymous Member

is dat sum purif?
  30. YAHRLY Member

now you're just splitting hairs to be provacative
  31. Herro Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to step in on your game.
  32. Anonymous Member

is that kinda like vacuous provocation?
  33. anonymous612 Member

It's when you're so provocative you drive someone to vacating the premises.
  34. Oswald2001 Member

It is a consistent aim to do exactly this.

Derail. Detract. Obscure. Confuse.

Anything to take the focus off whatever is getting to close to uncovering the truth.

These are techniques commonly used by ***.

In this case...THE SMITHS ARE PART OF THE EVIL $PACE ALIEN MIND CONTROL CULT.
  35. anonymous612 Member

No. No ***. Finish your sentence. Don't tease me.
  36. Herro Member

How do you know? Do you have any proof that they are a part of the Church of Scientology?
  37. Re: USA Today: Jada Pinkett Smith - "I want people to know who I really am"

will everyone please pause for a moment and
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN???
    thank you.
  38. Oswald2001 Member

They are now mini-$cilons.

Hopefully, their numbskull parents will wake up before they are damaged beyond repair.
  39. Oswald2001 Member

Suzanne Marie, from the cubicle next to you, called.

She wants her stapler back...and her underwear.
  40. nightfire Member

And here I go again...

Will and Jada Smith are Most likely Scientologists. They use phrases that are found only in Scientology texts, and are unique to that sociological structure. That COULD be because of their close friendship with some Scientologists (as friends tend to talk like one another). They also are paying to use Applied Scholastics which is an interesting choice, and add further weight to the implication of being Scientologiests.

According to Professor David Touretsky who is a well known academic, on the neural basis of cognition (how the physical parts of the brain relate to thought) His Scientific evaluation of Study Technology is excellent. It is his professional opinion that it is not possible to separate Scientology "doctrine" from Applied Scholastics. that Applied Scholastics is inherently flawed as a teaching model for a number of reasons (I will elaborate if asked)

Is it possible that the Smith's are not Scientologiest... YES
    But between the actions that they have taken, where their money goes, their speech patterns, and other revealing hints, I think it is likely that they are indeed Scientologists. But until we see them on a completions list, we can not be sure.

As for the whole Christian faith being important and so are not Scilons... Umm remember Scientology tells people that it is compatible will all other religions... and you don't find out it's not until you are Really far along...
    So that is Not a valid argument for them Not being Scientologists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.