Customize

Vanity Fair Daily: Johnny Depp & Scientology

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by AnonLover, Oct 4, 2011.

1. AnonLover Member

It appears Johnny Depp is the featured profile in this month's Vanity Fair magazine, and in it - he makes mention of doing Scientology courses because they paid him.

Johnny Depp: “If They’re Going to Pay Me The Stupid Money Right Now, I’m Going to Take It”

By Vanity Fair
    12:00 AM, October 4 2011

Nothing else said in the online snippet, but I'm curious to know if the full profile says anything more.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. subgenius Member

3. Random guy Member

So, they pay prospecting celebrity?
  4. Anonymous Member

That's some shit. You couldn't get me to do that for $3.
  5. RightOn Member

wat?
    yikes!
    not making COS look good again. YAY

Any ex members know of COS paying other celebs or others to sit in on study groups?
    3.00? tho? geez.
  6. Anonymous Member

There are better deals participating in sleep studies, without the incipient brain-rot :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. subgenius Member

Hey invest a couple a bucks and get a guy hooked for life. Kinda like crack. The first hits free.
    But I take it this was when he was a starving actor.
  8. AnonLover Member

9. Enturbulette Member

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Not another one I hope...
  10. Sponge Member

Johnny Depp and Vanity Fair: Confused About Scientology, Or Just Trolling?
    by Tony Ortega, Village Voice. 5th Oct 2011
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/johnny_depp_and.php
  11. AnonLover Member

(fist pump) yes! altho i for one typically approve of scilon celeb trolling in every shape or form no matter how low, ^^This is good to have set straight.

the sanctity of lusting after Johnny depp is preserved - his hot pirate bod is not tainted with the scientology ick in any way whatsoever! heh! (whew!!)
  12. Anonymous Member

Edward Moneyhands.
  13. Anonymous Member

Maybe they were paying him $3 to stop people from leaving the room.
  14. Anonymous Member

Scientology paid me $3.25 per meeting. It was so magical.
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Amber Heard Claims Domestic Violence, Seeks Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp | TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2016/05/27/amber-heard-domestic-violence-johnny-depp-restraining-order/

Amber Heard Claims Johnny Depp's Violence Triggered by Drug, Alcohol Abuse | TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2016/05/27/amber-heard-johnny-depp-domestic-violence/

Amber Heard Should've Stayed a Lesbian | HecklerSpray

Today, Amber Heard emerged from a courtroom with a beaten up face as a judge granted her request for a restraining order against Johnny Depp after she filed domestic abuse charges against him.

As of right now, it seems like not only is Johnny Depp a fading Hollywood heart throb who might genuinely believe he has become Jack Sparrow what with the gold teeth and puffy shirts and all, but he might also be a real piece of shit who beats on his sexy young wife who really should have just stayed with her sexy girlfriend, because the world was a happier place for everyone when Amber Heard was a lesbian.

In her court filings, she claimed that last Saturday Depp hit her with a cell phone, pulled her hair and screamed at her. She also alleged that he was abusive throughout their entire 15-month marriage which is why she bailed. All of us who judged Amber as a mega, gold-digging bitch with a heart made of ice for dumping Johnny a couple of days after his mom died sure look like assholes now, hey?

In her court filing, Amber says that Johnny was verbally and physically aggressive towards her during their entire message, but I guess him going all Naomi Campbell on her by chucking a cell phone at her face was the last straw. She went and filed the police report after that and they took pics of her cell phone beaten face:

amber-heard-e-435.jpg

Here’s the thing about a lot of these major hunks from the 90s: sometimes they turn out to really fucking suck. I mean, Amber and I are the same age, born in 1986, and she probably grew up thinking he was really talented and hot like so many people in the 80s and 90s did,. Then she grows up, he proposes, and she scores her childhood crush. Too bad he turns out to be a dog smuggling, anti-oral hygiene, pirate wannabe who throws cell phones at her fucking face like he’s Latoya fucking Jackson. And look at Katie Holmes! She grew up in the 80s and 90s probably thinking Tom Cruise was the shit and figured she was mega #blessed when they started dating. But instead of fulfilling her pubescent fantasies with the dude from “Risky Business”, she got sucked into the cult of Scientology for several years and had to make that god awful “Mad Money” movie with Queen Latifah! If it weren’t for Brad Pitt, I’d assume all the major heart throbs of my youth were weird pieces of shit.

Even though the title of this blog was technically click bait that I stole from my friend Simone’s sister-in-law (or cousin-in-law, I forget), I do hope Amber will go back to dating hot ladies rather than abusive douche bag has-beens. I think she’d be much better off with a Ruby Rose rather than a Mel Gibson.

Source:
    http://www.hecklerspray.com/amber-heard-shouldve-stayed-a-lesbian/2016129736.php
  16. anon8109 Member

Assuming that the accusations are true, the problem with admiring professional actors for their art is that it's hard to separate their work from their personal failings.

Why do so many idols have clay feet? The bubble is burst and I am disappoint.
  17. Kilia Member

I have a hunch that Depp didn't do that to Amber.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Vanessa Paradis writes letter to TMZ vouching for Johnny Depp's character and friend Doug Stanhope defends him in op-ed for The Wrap, accuses Amber Heard of blackmail | Lainey Gossip

Everyone else speaks for Johnny Depp

This wasn’t supposed to happen to the Top Tier. This kind of shit is usually reserved for the low level, the B list and under. But, as I mentioned in today’s open, a new world order has taken hold in Hollywood. Which is why it seems like every other week, another major star is burning out. Twenty years ago a nanny called Chrissy O would have been forced into hiding with an assumed identity for getting involved with Ben Affleck. Last year she was making pap walks at the gym and at the grocery store with a fresh blowout. Twenty years ago, Vanity Fair would have never broken ranks with Team Tom Cruise and published the story of Ninja Katie’s escape from Scientology, thereby forever ending their relationship with what was once the biggest movie star in the world. Twenty years ago? Johnny Depp would have dictated his terms to Amber Heard and she would have had to accept them.

And now? Now Johnny Depp’s ex Vanessa Paradis is writing letters to TMZ vouching for his character.

And one of his friends, comedian Doug Stanhope is writing op-eds for The Wrap, standing up for Johnny’s integrity and accusing Amber Heard of blackmailing him. According to Doug, none of Johnny’s friends trusted Amber from the beginning. But they were all too weak to tell him to his face that she was a manipulative bitch who would eventually ruin him. Click here to read his piece. Because Johnny was the big cheese, and you don’t doubt the big cheese, and so Doug is now taking accountability for what’s happening, for not being a good friend, a good soldier, and protecting the leader.

Well… um… exactly.

You’ve just written a 1000 word essay about how he’s the leader. Why would we believe, then, that this isn’t more of the same sacrifice to protect your leader? Everyone here has a motive. Vanessa Paradis’ motive is her children. And just because it never happened to her doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen to anyone else. Same goes for his ex-wife.

What we have here is an old school Hollywood attempt at a rescue. Other people are speaking for Johnny. Johnny’s sending out his publicist, his exes, and his boys to stand up at his internet trial. But the internet doesn’t work like a conventional court room. The whole fucking point of the internet is that you’re supposed to be able to speak for yourself. Which is why this isn’t working. Because Johnny Depp doesn’t know how. After all, this is the man who wears masks for a living. Who prefers to act under a mask instead of with his own face. His career choices that made him a movie star are destroying his movie stardom. Is that ironic?

http://www.laineygossip.com/Vanessa...e-Wrap-accuses-Amber-Heard-of-blackmail/44013
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Amber Heard Explains Why She Didn't Report Her Alleged Domestic Violence | People

Excerpt:

"As the result of Amber's decision to decline giving an initial statement to the LAPD, her silence has been used against her by Johnny's team," Heard's attorney Samantha F. Spector and her co-counsel Joseph P. Koenig says in the statement. "Amber did not provide a statement to the LAPD in an attempt to protect her privacy and Johnny's career. Johnny's team has forced Amber to give a statement to the LAPD to set the record straight as to the true facts, as she cannot continue to leave herself open to the vicious false and malicious allegations that have infected the media."

"Amber has suffered through years of physical and psychological abuse at the hands of Johnny," the statement continues. "In domestic violence cases, it is not unusual for the perpetrator's playbook to include miscasting the victim as the villain."

<snipped>

"In reality, Amber acted no differently than many victims of domestic violence, who think first of the harm that might come to the abuser, rather than the abuse they have already suffered," say Spector and Koenig. "Amber can no longer endure the relentless attacks and outright lies launched against her character in the Court of Public Opinion since the tragic events of May 21st."

"With her statement Amber hopes to give the LAPD the opportunity to conduct an accurate and complete investigation into the events of that evening and before. If that occurs, and the truth is revealed, there is no doubt that Amber's claims will be substantiated beyond any doubt, and hopefully Johnny will get the help that he so desperately needs."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21009776,00.html
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Amber Heard: 'Ear-Witnesses' Says She's a Liar, Johnny Wasn't Near Her | TMZ

Amber Heard screamed to Johnny Depp in the middle of their argument last week, "Stop hitting me!!!" Problem is, when she screamed Johnny was more than 6 yards away, so claim two witnesses.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ two security guards, Jerry Judge and Sean Bett, were standing in the entryway inside Johnny and Amber's apartment unit, giving them space during the argument, when out of nowhere they heard Amber scream.

The guards say "within a second" they bolted into the living area and saw Johnny in the kitchen and Amber on the couch in the living room -- it's an open floor plan. Both guards say Johnny was at least 20 feet away from her.
    We're told, according to Johnny, both he and Amber knew the guards were in the entryway and the scream was a badly executed attempted setup.

The guards -- both of whom are expected to testify next month during the restraining order trial -- also say throughout Johnny and Amber's 15-month marriage, she was the one who flew into rages, screaming at him, throwing bottles, and charging him. They claim they frequently had to pull her off Johnny.

Amber claims her alleged injuries were caused when Johnny hurled an iPhone at her. The two guards support what the responding cops say: she had no visible injuries. Amber claims there was broken glass on the floor and even submitted photos in her legal docs, but the guards insist there was no broken glass, and the cops say nothing was amiss.

Source:
    https://www.tmz.com/2016/05/31/amber-heard-johnny-depp-assault-security-guards/
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hmmmmmmm.

He said, she said... until the guards weigh in, I guess.
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

tdcghvjghjghj_2903754a.jpg

New photos of Amber Heard looking bloodied and bruised appear on the cover of People magazine

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...d-appear-on-the-cover-of-People-magazine.html

New Photos Show Amber Heard's Injuries Allegedly Caused by Johnny Depp in Another Domestic Violence Incident

http://www.people.com/article/amber-heard-new-photos-alleged-abuse-johnny-depp

New Photos Supporting Amber Heard’s Abuse Allegations Against Johnny Depp Surface

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amber-heard-domestic-abuse-photos_us_574f30e3e4b0ed593f131187
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Johnny Depp 'beat and kicked Amber Heard before breaking down in tears' two years ago: Explosive text messages 'between actress and her husband's assistant allege history of abuse'
    • Texts allegedly sent between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp's assistant, Stephen Deuters, emerged on Wednesday
    • The text exchange, reportedly from May 2014, detail alleged assault by Depp including that he had 'kicked her'
    • 'The 30-year-old actress filed for divorce on May 23 and a restraining order against Depp on May 27
    • Depp is denying Heard's allegations and has been out of the country touring with his band Hollywood Vampires
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eard-Johnny-Depp-s-assistant-2014-emerge.html