Customize

Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by nonnonanon, Jan 2, 2009.

1. nonnonanon Member

Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

I wrote this because there were suggestions that a video would be worthwhile. Originally stuck this in one of the competing jett travolta threads on the principle that it was a meh idea that would drown quietly there, then realised maybe someone might actually want to do something on the topic. http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-jett-travolta/john-travoltas-son-dies-jett-35079/8/

As that's the first thing that guests who click around will see I didn't want to stick this in the situation room as such, because I have the strong suspicion that the idea sucks and was not worth exposing gratuitously to >9,000 people.

It would have to be done in a hurry to be worth doing at all, and if there wasn't so much apparent interest in the topic it wouldn't seem like a good idea. I'm not convinced that it is, the result is necessarily very moralfaggy... Having worked through a script this far I figure it absolutely isn't worth doing unless it stays respectful:

Anyway, there it is. Vid/Editfags plz fold, spindle, ignore, mutilate, move to different subsection if preferred.

Edit: or press-releasify if preferred? Not sure.

One more edit: if anyone wants to take control of putting this out in whatever format plz do.
  2. DarthXenu Member

Re: Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

^^that is just perfect. Go!
  3. TheBitch Member

I think you should add something about, "Their beliefs specifically exclude anyone who has ever taken psychiatric medication are specifically prevented from either joining or remaining Scientologists," or truer words to the effect that punch up the relative consequences to the family should they have gone against doctrine.
  4. subgenius Member

Don't ever call it a religion.
  5. nonnonanon Member

G*dd*mn. Thought I removed all uses of the r-word.

Edit: Do we keep mention of Tory, or just remove all specific names and put some references somewhere? I'm for removing the names - they sound awkward anyway.
  6. TheBitch Member

I dont see a difference between the first and the second. What I meant was to sort of put in there that you can't even BECOME a Scientologist, in theory, if you have EVER used any drug for mental health.
  7. nonnonanon Member

Sorry, posted half way through edit. And realised I'm short of detailed dox.

Explanatory edit: with this sort of thing I'd rather have the facts right, with sources, than half-right...
  8. Drunk Member

Should that picture of Kelly preston protesting psych drugs be included in the video? I figured it can go where it says that scientologists believe that psych drugs are toxic and all that.

Any thoughts?
  9. TheBitch Member

The have a list of drugs and their side effects which reads like a PDR / national poison alert. I think it's reasonably safe to use the word "toxic" when discussing $cilon views in light of their campaign of terror against Psychiatry and science more generally.
  10. DarthXenu Member

I think that might be rude at this moment. I was thinking the usual slow exposure thing, with the classical music as background. Maybe some flowers or such. Stuff that expresses grief for the loss of a young life.

EDIT: By "slow exposure" I was trying to say the thing like the first "message to scientology" video. That fast movement thing. I can't remember how thats called at this moment...
  11. nonnonanon Member

time lapse...?
    Internet Archive: Details: Timelapse #2
    Internet Archive: Details: Haleakala Sunset
  12. Drunk Member

You are right. As pumped up as I've been with the previous video, now that I thought about it, I don't even think we should use the voice we normally use. That voice has always been used in a combative tone and message against them. It has always been used to "enturbulate" them. If used now, no matter how decent the text might be, it will come off bad. We have to keep in mind that john & Kelly are victims of this scam as well. And we want to express our sincere condolences for their terribly and tragic loss. Also in no way shape or form do I want us to come across like another "God hates Fags" assholes who fuck with the grieving families of our dead service men & women.

In any case, what I'm thinking is of a video expressing what DarthXenu says, but instead of a voice we use scrolling text moving up. At the end it would be signed as just Anonymous with no legion/forget/forgive etc.
  13. DarthXenu Member

What about an actual female voice? Can we maybe contact the girl that has worked on 13heathens videos?
  14. Drunk Member

That will definitely work. :)
  15. DarthXenu Member

I just sent 13heathens a message on YT directing him to this thread. Lets see what comes from that...
  16. TheBitch Member

I disagree. By the time 13H gets done demanding sauce the moment will be lost. There are good female voices for synth if it comes to it, and the reality is that some things just need to be said right now without a bunch of OVER-thinking. FFS they're fast tracking a cremation for Monday and Travolta's already smoothed it out with Bahama's Ministers of Parliment, cops, and hospital for a "quick" autopsy not even expected to last from morning to afternoon on Monday!

GOGOGO! for once don't overthink this shit and lose the moment.
  17. DarthXenu Member

Good point. This should be out as soon as possible. Can some of the video guys reading this make a preview featuring maybe some female synth and some timelapse?
  18. nonnonanon Member

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Rough audio to be going on with. Microsoft Anna, though, and all the pauses missing or in the wrong places :-(((
  19. RavenEyes Member

This female voice is very soothing!
  20. Drunk Member

21. TheBitch Member

Edited a bit for clarity.. and cause I'm an ass...

It is with deep sadness that Anonymous notes the death of Jett Travolta, son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, reportedly as the result of a seizure. {{Pause=0.5}} We extend our condolences to the family and friends, and to everybody whose life was touched by Jett. {{Pause=0.5}} We shall not intrude upon your time of grief. {{Pause=0.5}} {{Pause=0.25}}

Ladies and gentlemen of the press - people of the Internet, and of the world! {{Pause=0.5}}

while we caution you against drawing ugly conclusions about this very sad situation on the basis of insufficient evidence, as a result of speculation in the press, Anonymous websites have received many tens of thousands of views since news of the child's death was released. {{Pause=0.5}} Website guests, apparently searching for information about Travolta's belief in Scientology, and perhaps for a more complete understanding of the organization's attitude of disbelief in the existence of disorders such as autism and epilepsy, have made clear the need for Anonymous to publish this bulletin, if only to answer some of these questions. {{Pause=0.5}}

Psychiatric drugs are considered toxic by Scientologists, and are said to remain in the body permanently. {{Pause=0.5}} By doctrine {{Pause=0.25}} the use of psychiatric medication is forbidden to all Scientologists and reportedly these provisions apply to the minor children of Scientology families. {{Pause=0.25}} Many former Scientologists have reported that they were expected or even ordered to cease taking medication for various disorders, including members who suffered from serious medical conditions such as epilepsy, Lyme disease, and even Grave's disease. {{Pause=0.5}}

Scientology denies the existence of such conditions, and attributes their symptoms to other causes. {{Pause=0.5}} Scientology claims that these symptoms can be alleviated by so-called "auditing sessions" utilizing a crude facsimile of a lie detector, {{Pause=0.5}} a series of hours-long alternating exercises, {{Pause=0.5}} lengthy sessions in dangerously hot saunas, {{Pause=0.5}} and extremely large doses of vitamin tablets. {{Pause=0.5}} Cumulatively these procedures combine in what is known within Scientology as a "purification rundown" and are likely the "detoxification based on teachings from the Church of Scientology" which Kelly Preston credits in print as "helping improve" the quality and quantity of Jett's life. {{Pause=0.5}}

Unfortunately, the disruption or absence of existing, medically demonstrable treatment regimes often means that participants suffer from recurrence or even intensification of their conditions, which can at times be dangerous for their health or even, in some cases, for those around them.
    {{Pause=0.5}}
    The consequences for a Scientologist who takes, or does not give up, psychiatric medication are many. Their beliefs specifically exclude anyone who has ever taken psychiatric medication from many parts of the religion, and those who have taken psychiatric drugs for any length of time may be excluded from practices such as auditing. Such persons are often also considered entirely unable to advance towards the state of 'clear'.
    {{Pause=0.5}}
    For this reason, Scientology considers psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies to be 'criminals', and 'an industry of death.'
    {{Pause=0.5}}

As always, {{Pause=0.5}}

We remain {{Pause=1.0}}

Anonymous

------------------------------

Voice: AT&T Audrey 18K (English UK)

22. DamOTclese Member

Lovely! Do eet! It looks wonderful as is. A good job!
  23. TheBitch Member

Somebody needs to slap it into a video and post it. I'm "challenged" enough when it comes to freaking doing an audiotrack in txt to speech! FFS Jim! I'm a doctor not a videographer!

Which one did u think was good? Second with pauses and stuff? Please note editorial license taken from 1st without hive consult / endlessly dragging out for revision. If no like it feel free to edit text and change pauses and shite.. but this is mah contribution and I'm stickin to it.

Videofag to the front line pl0x. Mods to be moving to current projects or wherever the fuck NOT THINK TANK this thread nao belongs in search of next steps in process.

Damn Army

That is all.
  24. anyjane Member

Okay- this vid really ain't my thing, but something I noticed (unless it's somewhere and missed it) is that there is a slight hole where something that explains the tie that many of the same medications to treat things like seizure disorder are _also_ the ones used in psychiatric treatment (maybe between the 3rd and 4th paragraph).

There might be other stuff, but I'm not a writefag, doctor or grief counselor.
  25. TheBitch Member

Good point
  26. Drunk Member

I'm on it Voicefag gimme a couple of hours ;)
  27. TheBitch Member

VERSION 2.1

----------------------------------------

It is with deep sadness that Anonymous notes the death of Jett Travolta, son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, reportedly as the result of a seizure. {{Pause=0.5}} We extend our condolences to the family and friends, and to everybody whose life was touched by Jett. {{Pause=0.5}} We shall not intrude upon your time of grief. {{Pause=0.5}} {{Pause=0.25}}

Ladies and gentlemen of the press - people of the Internet, and of the world! {{Pause=0.5}}

while we caution you against drawing ugly conclusions about this very sad situation on the basis of insufficient evidence, as a result of speculation in the press, Anonymous websites have received many tens of thousands of views since news of the child's death was released. {{Pause=0.5}} Website guests, apparently searching for information about Travolta's belief in Scientology, and perhaps for a more complete understanding of the organization's attitude of disbelief in the existence of disorders such as autism and epilepsy, have made clear the need for Anonymous to publish this bulletin, if only to answer some of these questions. {{Pause=0.5}}

A seizure is a sudden disruption of the brain's normal electrical activity accompanied by altered consciousness and/or, other neurological and behavioral manifestations. For example, epilepsy is a condition characterized by recurrent seizures that may include repetitive muscle jerking commonly referred to as convulsions. {{Pause=0.25}} According to modern medical science, there are more than 20 different seizure disorders; {{Pause=0.25}} one in ten Americans will have a seizure at some point during their lifetime; and at least 200,000 have at least one seizure a month. {{Pause=0.5}} Again according to modern medical science, a combination of drugs may be needed to control some symptoms, but most patients who have seizures take one or more of the following psycho-pharmaceutical medications: {{Pause=0.5}} phenytoin, {{Pause=0.25}} carbamazepine, {{Pause=0.25}} feenobarbitol, {{Pause=0.25}} primidone, {{Pause=0.25}} valproic acid, {{Pause=0.25}} sodium valpro-eight, {{Pause=0.25}} clonazepam, or {{Pause=0.25}} ethosuximide. {{Pause=0.5}}

All of these drugs fall under Scientology's broad classification of "dangerous psychiatric drugs," are considered toxic by Scientologists, and are believed by them to remain in the body permanently.
    {{Pause=0.5}} By doctrine {{Pause=0.25}} the use of psychiatric medication is forbidden to all Scientologists and reportedly these provisions apply to the minor children of Scientology families. {{Pause=0.25}} Many former Scientologists have reported that they were expected or even ordered to cease taking medication for various disorders, including members who suffered from serious medical conditions such as epilepsy, Lyme disease, and even Grave's disease. {{Pause=0.5}}

Scientology denies the existence of such conditions, and attributes their symptoms to other causes. {{Pause=0.5}} Scientology claims that these symptoms can be alleviated by so-called "auditing sessions" utilizing a crude facsimile of a lie detector, {{Pause=0.5}} a series of hours-long alternating exercises, {{Pause=0.5}} lengthy sessions in dangerously hot saunas, {{Pause=0.5}} and extremely large doses of vitamin tablets. {{Pause=0.5}} Cumulatively these procedures combine in what is known within Scientology as a "purification rundown" and are likely the "detoxification based on teachings from the Church of Scientology" which Kelly Preston credits in print as "helping improve" the quality and quantity of Jett's life. {{Pause=0.5}}

Unfortunately, the disruption or absence of existing, medically demonstrable treatment regimes often means that participants in Scientology with such illnesses can suffer from recurrence or even intensification of their conditions, which can at times be dangerous for their health or even, in some cases, for those around them.
    {{Pause=0.5}}
    The consequences for a Scientologist who takes, or does not give up, psychiatric medication are many. Their beliefs specifically exclude anyone who has ever taken psychiatric medication from many parts of the religion, and those who have taken psychiatric drugs for any length of time may be excluded from practices such as auditing. Such persons are often also considered entirely unable to advance towards the state of 'clear'.
    {{Pause=0.5}}
    For this reason, Scientology considers psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies to be 'criminals', and 'an industry of death.'
    {{Pause=0.5}}

As always, {{Pause=0.5}}

We remain {{Pause=1.0}}

Anonymous

-----------------------

28. Drunk Member

working on it....
  29. Drunk Member

what will be the Title of this video? Give it to me hive.
  30. Re: Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

NOOOOOOOO

that is just the most horrible opening phrase ever.

I miss marblecaek
  31. pardmepard Member

We will always remember Jett Travolta
  32. Re: Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

Press release sent, although I think any follow up will involve journalists talking to medical experts rather than posting here.
  33. catwoman30 Member

This whole situation is just tragic-whatever the outcome/cause....:(
  34. Drunk Member

I guess the timing right now really sucks, but when possible, can you make a press release of We Still Run This ? I have no clue how that works.

Also what would be the title for this video?
  35. Re: Video bulletin on the Jet Travolta topic

We still run this was sent out before the Jett tragedy.
  36. DarthXenu Member

"Anonymous explains relationship between Jett Travolta's Death and Scientology"

"Jett Travolta's Death and Scientology"

"Why Scientology Relates to Jett Travolta's Death"

Anything like that?
  37. DarthXenu Member

13Heathens answered this:

I'm sending him the latest version of the press release. I will also explain him we're in a hurry... I we got lucky we might get that human voice thing. Should we put ourselves a deadline? Is already too late for the human voice?
  38. Drunk Member

my computer got infected with some body thetans in the middle of the project, i thought i would be able to work through them but I have a real mess here. Any video fags out there please jump in. I don't know when I'll be able to get back into it.
  39. DarthXenu Member

I'm on it now. How to get it done soon. If any other vidfag wants to jump in please feel free to make his/her version, and after that we can choose one...
  40. TheBitch Member

I'm having someone up one nao to a throwaway account on JewTube. It's VERY crude, but will do to at least begin getting the word out. We can always kill it if something better comes along or when it gets DMCA'd.

Ok you crackerjack videofags, if any of you are still alive after the last projects we worked on... here's my crappy lil effort, but it beats nothing at all.