Customize

Video guru's here's teh epic chance!!1one!l

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon91-19, Mar 27, 2008.

1. anon91-19 Member

Video guru's here's teh epic chance!!1one!l

Just saw this on Myspace, its a general message from Tom to all users.

"Hey Guys, I’m judging a cool short film competition called Film Your Issue and I want to hear what issues you care about most. Submit & view films at www.myspace.com/filmyourissue now through April 14 and you could win cool prizes - including being featured on MySpace! You can help change things - submit now!"

-Tom

1. Awesome anon vids r awesome
    2. submit them to this thing
    3. ?????
    4. EPIC anon exposure = caek + win +lulz + 500 internets

We've got some incredibly skilled anon, we certainly have got the 'issue', and being featured on the 1st page of myspace

Also on a unrelated note, I had a dream where I saw the 'Anon symbol' lighting up the bottom of the clouds like the bat symbol. Someone wanna play with that idea in PS? I suck a teh shoop:(
  2. Citybeatnik Member

Re: Video guru's here's teh epic chance!!1one!l

I nominate RogueAnonymous as my filmmaker of choice. Get to work on it, my man. I'm Jonesing for my next fix.
  3. imaghost Member

You know. We could make a Scientology video for almost each of the catagories.
  4. NonMoose Member

This
  5. HoolAnon Member

Can we get sticky?
  6. Hostile Member

well, I'm mildly talented at photoshoop,
    (I originated from macromedia fireworks so I'm not used to it yet)

but I'm pretty good at making a movie..

here's a list of "epic songs" for use in videos

requiem of a dream
    o fortuna
    almost any trans siberian orchestra song
    the 300 theme by nine inch nails is actually pretty good too

hmm I think I'll try something on operation snow white... how well is it documented? if not I'd rather work on something for operation psychout... (fairly well documented on their abuses of human medical rights)
  7. anon91-19 Member

Several submissions would be awesome, but I dont know how many (what do you call it? Film making? ummmm moving graphic art?) of those anons we have and are willing to commit the time to it. If we did though I think submitting a theme set could be cool, maybe same Anon opening on each then let each film maker go off in their own creative way from there.

Film 1 focus: Co$ human rights abuses/cult/Disconnection
    Film 2 focus: Co$ Scam/The $/Critics + Sps
    Film 3 focus: Co$ & DEATH
    Film 4 focus: Co$ Tax exemption/snow white
    Film 5 focus: Co$ =End Game (cram all the atrocities into 1 vid)

Or something along those lines. I just think if we can pull together to come up with some SOLID shit that this could be a massive opportunity to spread the word, and I cant imagine how Dave will shit over this

Edit:

Yeah, what you said. in alot less words lol
  8. LRonAnon Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-3JQGwps4[/youtube]

theres moar coming on disconnect also
  9. anon91-19 Member

ugh, 2 Min length max. So we made need lots of vids lol. Winners get some perks though

* Winners presented at Democratic and Republican National 2008 Conventions by Impact Film Festival
    * Internships at USA TODAY, The United Nations, the award-winning PBS Series "P.O.V.", and The Humane Society.
    * A $5,000 scholarship from Strong American Schools and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    * Winning films broadcast on Starz and Link TV
    * Entries distributed by Associated Press to its 1,800 Online Video Network media outlets
    * Film Presentation/VIP Pass – SILVERDOCS: AFI/Discovery Channel Documentary Festival
    * A finalist profiled on MTV News
    * Winning film presented on MySpace/MySpace TV/MySpace Impact homepages
    * Winning film presented on The Sierra Club homepage
    * Winning films presented on AOL True Stories homepage
    * Winning films presented at NAACP annual conference
    * Walter Cronkite Civic Engagement Leadership Award
    * Eleanor Roosevelt Humanitarian Award
    * + 500 internets
    * Congrats from 9,000+ anons
    * Walk through for internet's FINAL BOSS

Ok, I added a few at the end
  10. Daywatch Member

yesss
    thissssss
  11. anonypuffs Member

put up pelvidar's road to march 15th.
  12. AnonyFag Member

Fuck yeah! RogueAnonymous! That anon is teh shit!
  13. Anonomum Member

Oh sweet mary of the bloody kind!

Is this for real, I mean THE Tom, and TWO days after Operation Reconnect? That's 48 hours of cutting and editing by highly talented anon to pull together footage into some kickass videos.

Is someone who organises this comp an anon, I mean really? :confused:

Ok, we KNOW we have massive talent here... any of the massive talent want to donate their caffeine fueled nights to this? Oh the cheek....
  14. desu Member

If absolutely necessary, I can devote my efforts to the cause, but I'm sure you have much more talented anons working around here. My video.

I have Pinnacle Studio and photoshop lol.
  15. ruebennase Member

Damn, I'm too old to participate. :(

Guess I'll have to do a team effort with some younger folks.
  16. Anon3Mouse Member

Not that we shouldn't still do it and send massive amounts of entries, but they wouldn't pick an Anon video for this. They'd puss out. Still be funny to have hundreds of Anon entries.

Second for sticky.
  17. anon91-19 Member

Yeah, I saw the age thing too. But maybe we can find a way around it
  18. nzanon Member

Sounds like they are after a personal take on an issue and why you care about it.
  19. nzanon Member

This! I want to see this...
  20. anon91-19 Member

me too, hell I'm kicking around the idea of trying to make a real one lol

Edit: looks like we have some interest. Can we move this to current activism?
  21. anon91-19 Member

bump for forum move please
  22. Hostile Member

you know... I could probably make a fairly good vieo of the endgame (all atrocities)

set it to sync with something epic...
    I've done things very similar before... my other youtube account (with a similar video) is... anonymous, but has loose internet ties to my real life...

how should I go about this... I could remove the video from my one account and reupload it into my anon account... or I could find a way to upload it easily...

either way, it was a video synced to epic music about the crap we do to each other and the earth...
  23. ptsAnnon Member

24. Hostile Member

ok I removed the video, I'll upload it now and post the link. don't spam it on the internets, I'll only keep it in its present state for a short time. then I'll remove it and put it back where it was.

its only purpose is to showcase my idea for the compilation video
    link will be updated here
  25. Hostile Member

update: yeah I did this before. I'll only keep it on my anon profile for a day or so, afterwards, I'll remove it and put it back on my old one

so this is what I think in terms of the compilation video (with a scientology theme that is,)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpMglT5eKBM
    not rickroll, of course.

advice to make your videos more epic, sync them to music
  26. anon91-19 Member

move to current projects please so we can get the other vid people in on this
  27. DH1900 Member

OK, I can provide anyone that wants it with effect shots (cameras flying over trees, panning shots in space etc. or a planet exploding) and any background music they want. I'm not too good at this creative stuff but I can do effects shots and video compositing so tell me what you want made and consider it done.

That's nice work hostile but if you're going to put in pictures crop them so that they fill the frame, it looks better and makes pictures stand out less.

Watch this space for epic music.
  28. censor Member

PELVIDAR FTW!

either the ONWARD video, or a new one based on ONWARD ... 'cause that video is the best IMHO
  29. Hostile Member

Yeah, I did that all in one saturday a few months ago. (obtaining all of the pics and stuff took longer though)

I'll make note to crop them to a specefic size...

ok so I'm planning on a compilation... I'll need a lot of videos and pics...
    so I'll be brainstorming for ideas on pictures

dianetics cover
    cruise
    lisa M.
    travolta
    shawn lonsdale
    the front pages of several websites (youfoundthe... , exscientologykids, xenutv etc)
    scientology cross
    the quotation of jesus being a pedo (I've already got the file on my computer)
    something about psychology
    dave miscavige
    tory
    wisebeardman
    holocaust (they blamed it on the psychologists)
    operation snow white (any ideas for pics?)

the video can't be any longer than 2 minutes right?
    that really hurts my efforts... all of my great musics are about 3:30... and there's absolutely no way of editing them to be shorter (and still have them be epic)

tso beethoven is fairly good but it's 2:56...

requiem of a dream is good, easy to edit it to be shorter and only include the epic parts... (it's normally 6 minutes but only 0:57-1:40 and 2:41 - 3:44 and 3:57 to 4:22 as well as 5:07 to the end are epic, so they could be mashed up...

when's the latest date for submissions of these videos?
  30. DH1900 Member

^Just a thought, I'd personally avoid using the holocaust. Yes, what they're saying is terrible but it's incredibly easy to twist.
  31. Hostile Member

yeah, I'm a bit worried about it... what if I put a caption or a quotation
    "psychology caused the holocaust" -David miscavige
    or something like that?

I know, it's a cultural and social taboo, but that doesn't mean that if someone tries to mess with the facts, we can't persue them about it.
  32. DH1900 Member

^That would be fine, it's unambiguous and very hard to manipulate, at worst you'd be accused of quote mining. So you'd want something like a slow zoom into a picture of a concentration camp (nothing too graphic) then have the quote fade in 1/3rd up from the bottom of the screen.
  33. Hostile Member

well, we've got just over 2 weeks to make these... I suppose I should be gathering pics soon.. planning out the structure based on the song...
    I'll be fooling around with audacity today trying to get requeim to work in under 2 minutes...

ok it's done, but the changes are slightly obvious... (tough to manage to blend parts where they fit... I think I messed up the meter and pattern, but whatever. it's 2 minutes)
  34. DH1900 Member

edit: deleted link, sorry admins.
  35. Hostile Member

ah well, too late, I've done mine. I'll convert it to mp3 and upload it here.
    here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?25mmedz9g2j
    I think I could have managed to not wreck the metre, but it'd be about 1 minute and 50 seconds.

edit:

I've removed the demonstration video, I'll reupload it back into my standard profile later, but I'll put that off

also, I really think that simply making a video detailing scientology's crimes isn't the only submission we can do...
    we should make a video of the pheonomenon that is anonymous. we really don't give ourselves enough credit for being arguably the most powerful, influential and successful anonymous collective/hive mind ever.

we could make a video about the protests, our history and our goals.

of course, that doesn't mean remaking "who is anonymous", we could do it like that "new video" thread that's hovering around in activism, projects and discussion.
  36. DH1900 Member

^I'm working on a video that is based on a google earth tour of every planned site for the 12th.

edit: nice cutting on requiem.
  37. Re: Video guru's here's teh epic chance!!1one!l

[IMG]

http://rs317.rapidshare.com/files/101522815/wecomeback.rar (various formats)

original source an SA forum poster

I know it's not quite what you were asking for but i thought it was pretty awesome anyway.
  38. desu Member

39. DH1900 Member

I just finished the first shot (ironically it should be the last shot in my video) basically it consists of panning shots over the earth with all the protest locations marked with text explaining what anonymous is and why it is protesting overlaid.

Anyway, does this look too damn sinister?:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/103575963/end_test.avi