Customize

[Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by stuwyatt, Apr 10, 2008.

1. stuwyatt Member

[Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

Some of you may remember the original thread where I was debating posting this video. I decided tonight to upload it, after removing all names and adding subtitles (as it is hard to hear the caller sometimes).

The person who called, I am 99.999% sure that he was ordered to phone me from the org, and his project seemed to be to find out more information about the medicinal cannabis org that I started. I have spoken to him a number of times since, and I have planted all the seeds that I can with him.

It is up to him to make the next step. Please keep his name out of this thread (and the youtube video)... but many of you who have been following my recent encounters will know exactly who he is.

He lives at home, and he has full access to the internet... so I hope that he sees this video, and realises that I am not his enemy - far from it.

Re: the legalities of posting this video, if journalists can get away with it, then so can I. I consider it newsworthy....

So, here is the vid :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fkWmj_VWto
  2. xaxa Member

Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

This made me reallly sad for that guy. You deserve a medal for speaking to him rationally like you did. I hope he does look into ESK and such.
  3. AnonDon Member

Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

Very well done.
  4. Anne Ominous Member

This is a lesson to us all in how to handle conversations of this nature. Well done. Hope you're getting better :)
  5. Undesignated Member

That was extremely well handled and i am sure you have planted the seeds of doubt into him
  6. MollyBloom Member

Stu, a great example of how to talk calmly and with integrity. Great Job.

a side note, you have a fantastic voice. ;)
  7. Ten Tigers Member

Well done.... Many delicious :cake: to you!
  8. Heyanonnyno Member

Stu, great job. You sounded kind and concerned and you spoke to him with respect - just fantastic.

I too like your accent and voice! *lol*
  9. stuwyatt Member

I do NOT have an accent!
    I speak English like an Englishman... its all you other fuckers who have accents ;) lol

Thanks guys for your positive feedback. I was really unsure whether or not to post this online, but I'm glad that none of you have slated me for doing so.
  10. Anonomum Member

LOL yeah, the accent thing makes sense, it being the king's english and all..

But good job. Your logical, rational and even handedness was absolutely impressive, especially considering your condition and the fact it was so late AND just after the protest.

I'm sorry he won't talk to you anymore... you are certainly a good conversationalist. :)
  11. An0nYm0use Member

does he have a hydroponic setup?
  12. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

That was probably the best video showing what should happen any time someone is talking to you about scientology regardless of the setting of the actual confrontation, or conversation. Bravo.
  13. Spangly Member

The bleep was blatantly his end recording the call. On many mobiles with a "voice recorder" feature, they will let you record the call on the phone very easily - but they put those bleeps on the line to alert the other person that something is going on. (Nokia N-series phones for sure do this)

That you were being recorded by him without your consent should (IANAL!) make you pretty bulletproof with regards your recording of him :)
  14. stuwyatt Member

THANK YOU! for the confirmation. I do not have a voice recorder on my mobile. I think he claimed he had a Nokia mobile, so all this adds up.

When I asked him about the beeping (before I recorded him), he claimed it was because his mobile was on charge. However, I was 99% sure that he was recording me. Are the beeps also recorded on his end too?
  15. b00bs Member

God I love British men. Yum!

Well done sir!
  16. cowdog Member

THIS!!!
  17. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

How did you remain so calm and collected?
  18. stuwyatt Member

I cant handle stress whatsoever (it severely fucks up the illness), so I've stopped being stressed full-stop. Also, my choice of medicine helps a great deal too ;)
  19. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

Can i ask whats wrong with you?

I'm not allowed to get stressed either, but i do, :(
  20. stuwyatt Member

Thats a good question. After 2.5+ years of tests and incapacitation, I still do not have a full diagnosis. My working diagnosis is ME/CFS, but my symptoms reflect very much Multiple Sclerosis (relapse/remission type). The problem with getting a full diagnosis, is that it can take many years to get verified proof.

Only one of my tests has come back positive so far (lumbar puncture detected inflammatories) - but its cool. Im comfortable, by benefits are sorted out, and Im signed off til December 2010. Im managing the illness with cannabis quite well....

16 months ago, I was still able to play my violin (although sat down)...

YouTube - Mad Dog Mcrea "Am I Drinking Enough"

That was the penultimate time I played the violin... I just dont have the strenght/energy/dexterity to play any more. A year prior to this, I was mosh diving off the stage into the audience with my radio pickup system. But my illness has made my life interesting, and in a way, I look upon it now as a gift.

[Edit] And for any Evergrey fans out there, I did the strings for 'Solitude Dominance Tragedy'... my biggest claim to fame.
  21. unidentified Member

This video highlights the importance of knowing our stuff when talking to scientologists. Every time you mentioned something he was suprised you knew you could hear him getting more interested and believing, every time you got something wrong you could hear him getting more official and absorbing less.

You did a FANTASTIC job, you're a credit to anon and all UK anons need to get the summer trip down to plymouth, mentioned in the other thread, organised - if it does I may well be there purely to shake your hand.
  22. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

I'm sorry to hear that. Mine is a much more mental complaint. I have agitated depression disorder
  23. Kaz Member

We should hold training classes for the UK anons. Ship 'em down to Plymouth on buses and get Stu to talk them through Scilon handling.
  24. stuwyatt Member

I'm sorry to hear that too. [group hug] :)

I'm no expert at all on dealing with Scilons... I just improvise and make it up on the spot. The only advice I can pass on to anyone is to keep your cool, stay calm, stay empathic and lose any fear that you might have. There is nothing to be scared of when dealing with a Scientologist - after all, they are just human beings like yourself at the end of the day.

Don't rise up to their baits, learn your stuff if you plan to talk to them about the dealings of the cult, and what I have found is if you keep firing information at them without letting them process the information there and then, it slowly destroys their resolve to bait you. And in doing so, you end up planting a hell of a lot of seeds.

I'm flattered that I'm inspiring people to do the same, but I'm not god/hero/expert - just a sick protester with far too much time on his hands ;)
  25. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

(huggles for all) (including lurking scilons)
  26. Re: [Video] Late night telephone call from Plym org staff member (from March 19th)

Exemplary work once again Mr Wyatt, I think everyone needs to see this.
  27. Anon453453 Member

"There are pdfs on the internet"

"I'm sure they're wrong"

If this is an example of the average scientologist's thinking it's a good example of why it is so difficult to get them to read sources other than direct from CoS.
  28. stuwyatt Member

I've spoken with the same person face-to-face on a number of occasions, and I've handed him flyers and given him web addresses.

His automatic response is "I won't read it"... and no amount of logic bombs from myself seems to get through to him. He digests what the cult says hook, line and sinker - never questioning or doubting it. He says that the information I has is lies, yet he will not read these lies.

Its a hopeless catch-22 situation. :(
  29. anonymustang Member

the rine in Spine stays minely in the pline.
  30. unidentified Member

Have you suggested he make something proving that they're lies so that any Scientology that reads them and risks being out-ethics will also then be able to read what he wrote, be comforted and will know not to believe them? By him reading them he'd thus be doing a service for other Scientologists...
  31. Randomness Member

Dude, brilliant video, you are/were a great musician too.

Well done, and could you grab the guitar chords to that song for me? =]
  32. Heyanonnyno Member

Okay, confession time. I find musical ability *really* hot. (I do music myself). So combine that with your accent and I think us girls need to include you on the "Men of Anonymous" calendar. ;)
  33. Heyanonnyno Member

Endometriosis here! Usually with that comes a whole host of side-complaints. Makes life interesting when all the physical stuff you used to do is suddenly not an option.

I think it's great that all of us are managing to find something to do for this fight despite our setbacks. Differentiates us from the Scienos quite markedly. They disown the imperfect, where-as we get help where we can. :)
  34. Hieronymous Member

Hey Stu whatever you do DON'T tell them about our secret leaders. You know Eric Bauman?

Internet millionaire come psychiatry sympathizer?
  35. stuwyatt Member

*BLUSH*

You just made my day ;)
    Thank you!
    x

Randomness> I dont have the chords for that song, but you may be able to get them from the band - their site is Mad Dog Mcrea
  36. Anon23517 Member

There's a Men of Anonymous calender? Well hell, sign me up for one of those!

@Stu, you did a fabulous job, btw. The way you stayed calm, cool and sensible while experiencing what I can imagine must be terrible pain is amazing. I have health issues myself, and there's no way I could do what you did when having one of my worse days.