Customize

Video of US soldier laughing about gang raping an Iraqi girl who then committed suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rachel Summers, Jul 29, 2015.

1. This is an old video that I am just now seeing for the first time. It was uploaded to YouTube in 2011 and appears to be older than that, maybe from shortly after the Abu Ghraib scandal emerged.

The video is low resolution and choppily edited but appears to show a clip of an Iraq war veteran laughing about how someone in his unit apparently kidnapped an Iraqi girl and made her a sex slave, pimping her out to his friends who then gang raped her until she killed herself.

What is the status of this guy? Do we already know his name? Has he been arrested, tried and sentenced?
  2. Anonymous Member

What is it that convinces you of the authenticity of the video?
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm familiar with the Mahmudiyah case but it doesn't seem to match the details of the rape in the video at all.

Nothing in particular. It may in fact be inauthentic. Just thought I would ask if anyone knew anything.
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

I'm sorry, but I chose to not watch it. All I can suggest is for you to think of keywords you can run searches for.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

It appears very contrived and forced to me, i.e., it doesn't come across to me as authentic.