Customize

Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Madame_Guillotine, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Anonse7en Member

Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Yeah Thanks for posting it i hadn't heard about Jett b4, really opens my eyes to the human sides of the celeb sci's it's easy to forget they are real people and have to deal with their own difficulties in life, really that Scientology is really more a symptom of a bigger global problem. Like i think some else posted earlier, Jett really did look more human or animated than John.
  2. reznik Member

ITT another demonstration that Moralfags != Ethicsfags, but the irony is again lost on them.
  3. Fear Not Member

QFT

Leave his kid alone. Maybe if people would quit pointing him out, and speculating what his diagnosis is then maybe he would get to go out in public more.

Your not helping Jet. Your making it harder for him.

Zigma, I am glad you got the help you needed.
  4. Zigma Member

Please forgive me for that out burst, Seldom do I have emotions like others and they kinda get the better of me since getting off meds.

I can't see how this video is not proof, the child looks catatonic and getting taken around by hand.He also does not respond in anyway towards the camera I think most celeb children would atleast for politeness sake smile.Also there is no emotional responce what so ever.

I would like to see something done for him, I know $cientology has strange if not dangerous beliefs yet sometimes people must disregard these ideals for the sake of loved ones.

Once again sorry I could not handle the out burst. It's extemely rare for me to get angry with anyone.

Thanks for the support also and from Fear not

Zig
  5. Voland Member

There is no question that this child will be mistreated and neglected due to his autism and the lack of medication. They dont belive in drugs and because of that, this child will not recive the mandatory medical attention neccecary for a healthy life. This child will be left in the darkness of autism, without a lamp or stool to climb the hills of confusion. Because of the reched convictions of his parents he may never live a decent life. Anon can do little about this other than bring attention to it. Hopefully aspen or some autism group will ride this up and it will be scandalous.
  6. DawnOlsen Member

I very much disagree with those who think pointing out how Scientology has failed the Travolta family in dealing with their son's affliction is wrong. It's at the very heart of WHY we must point out these failings. Look, I am loathe to use a child (although Jett's 17, not going to be a minor forever) for making an example, but let's look at the track record of Scientology - which I sure as hell hope I don't need to explain to this group.

Scientology claims ALL conditions of the mind can be cured with enough auditing and detoxing, which flies in the face of modern medicine. If they are using celebrities to suck people in their cult, and let's face it, John Travolta, as tragic a figure as he may be, has shilled for those fuckers, then they have a responsibility to the public to admit that their "cures" just don't work. What's more cruel? Robbing your child of the opportunity to have a quality life as a self-sufficient human, or exposing a family's failure to seek treatment for their child. Child abuse is child abuse, even if it a matter of benevolent neglect. I don't know about you people, but I have kids, so I have some perspective here.

I don't know what Jett has, and it doesn't matter, but he DOES have something wrong with him and there have been several reports over the years that John and Kelly refuse to get him proper treatment because it's not approved by CoS. That is negligent and irresponsible. Who they FUCK are they (the CoS) to interfere with a parental responsibility to their child.

If you want the flip side, look a Jenny McCarthy and what she has done to raise awareness about Autism and alternative treatments. She has used her child to PROMOTE the search for a cure, rather than secluding him from the public out of embarrassment and fear.

I fully understand those who don't think it's right to acknowledge Jett or speculate about his condition or his family's suffering at the hands of the CoS, but I will have to respectfully disagree with them. When you sign up to be a celeb, you have to take the good with the bad. This holds especially true if you sign up with is a evil, vile life-destroying cult.

Sorry, but someone has to do the dirty work. I will be posting this video and discussing this issue.
  7. Zigma Member

Thanks
  8. Skeptic1337 Member

So you have a core understanding that this is "dirty work." Can you discuss it on a few levels then?

Primarily, when is it cool to begin to dictate how others raise their kids. That would be an interesting discussion. Perhaps expand it to "do celebrities need to set examples on how they raise their kids?"

I have a fundamental philosophical disagreement here that wont ever be bridged but I'll voice it none the less.
  9. DawnOlsen Member

Well, I guess you will have to wait and see how I present the material. Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. Sometimes you must do things that seem unethical at the time in order to pave the way for positive change in the future. I would think my treatment of this subject matter (CoS) would have earned me a modicum of respect. I have hardly ventured into this territory without putting some time and effort into the matter. I've spoken with a great many people from outside the cult and from those who were inside. I would be surprised if most would object to a respectful treatment of this subject.

You are welcome to ignore what I do, that is ultimately your right, just as it is mine to present thoughtful analysis.
  10. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Okay first yes, I couldn't stay away. Second, I was having a crappy day and it spilled over in my last response. I still have the stomach flu, which is nether here nor there.

My answer to these questions are, It is 'cool' to dictate how others raise their kids when those kids are being abused or harmed. Do I think Jett is abused? No, I saw a lot of love and concern for him from his parents in that video. How much was concern for his security and how much was "oops the cat's out of the bag," I don't know. Do I think those harsh detox treatments and auditing sessions could have been harmful for him, especially at a young age, YES.

"Do celebrities need to set examples on how they raise their kids?"
    Wouldn't it be nice for a change to have someone to look up to again? Our celebs, politicians, and even sports celebs seem to all be the very bottom of the barrel when it comes anything positive in reality.
  11. amaX Member

John Travolta's brother Joey graduated from college with a degree in special education. Joey Travolta was also an actor, but now devotes most of his time to working with and for children with autism.

He started the Actors for Autism acting school in 2004. He produced the film "Normal People Scare Me," which is a film by an autistic teenager named Taylor Cross. His film company is called Inclusion Films. Inclusion Films only makes films about people with special needs.

You can google Inclusion Films and see all the good work Joey Travolta does for kids with autism and other special needs.

When "Normal People Scare Me" opened? John and Kelly Travolta were not in the audience.

The OP bringing up Jett Travolta's autism is nothing new. There have been many articles written about Jett's condition. I think it's telling that Jett's uncle, who seems to be a very caring individual, works so closely with children who are autistic. Joey Travolta seems to have dedicated much of his life to working with and for autism---perhaps it's a constant call out to his brother that there is help out here for children with autism.
  12. whosit Member

I'm sorry but I will have to disagree.

Hubbard's own words and DM's are damning enough without a "visual aid" of this kid being paraded out.

1. We don't know if it is autism. Could be any number of other things. People would be surprised by the fact that most autistic people don't look "retarded". Not that anyone here used that term but people are jumping to the conclusion that its autism based on his apperance which is pure bullshit.
    2. Jett did not and does not have a choice in this.

Just my ¥1.9476
  13. Skeptic1337 Member

We have a fundamental disagreement here, which is why I said good luck with this jihad.

Now if you had dox of JTs kid being subjected to detox and the like (pretty sure that's called the purif but any way). That might be helpful and hell even a diagnosis from a doc that's examined him might be good too.

I mean you're cool with intervening in peoples lives right? Start asking for this information to be made publically available. Should be no problem crossing that privacy policy and that he's a minor thing.

That was sarcasm here but yeah dox beyond a movie and how the cult has made his issue worse would be good. Unless speculation and using a poor kids images is what you're after.
  14. Daywatch Member

sometimes even troll have lucid moments
  15. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Well if anyone is feeling up to it, Kelly admitted he went through a detox program invented by Hubbard on the Montel show a few years back. That would definitely qualify.
  16. Skeptic1337 Member

I want dox on this kid. This particular kid from sources other then ocmb.

I fully understand how fucked up the cult is, I want to know how using a 3 min vid of JTs kid proves anything. As in beyond people going, wow JT has a kid with disabilities.

You know something which you can use in your battle to bring autism to the fore front and use JT as your beacon of what's wrong.

kthxbye.
  17. whosit Member

I have heard the stories before and I actually saw that Montel when I was out on vacation. I also have more than a passing knowledge about autistism. I have no respect for Kelly Preston. Jett still did not have a choice about his circumstances.
  18. monamia Member

Glad you are in the swim again. And yes, Travolta has put this out there. He needs to provide care for his son and that means reputable doctors and treatment, and rejecting the old Hubbard ways.

Many of us hold that the oddball Scientology approach to medical care, the encouraging of the practice of medicine with training or license is their achilles heel. Hell, UCLA Medical Center is right there and has one of the most distinguished records in research and treatment for autism and other associated brain injuries.

You and Dawn and the others are right, the critic movement against scientology can come down on this issue: children/people and proper healthcare and treatment.
  19. monamia Member

There is lots of stuff on Jett Travolta and his disabilities. It's beyond the three minute video which is an indicator but not proof. Autism is part of it but bigger medical care issues are what matter--it's not so far from these situations to what happens to members with MS. When we were at BB registering voters, it was incredible to see younger middle aged people with obvious physical and muscle problems from poor diet, no exercise and lack of proper medical care. The issue
    extends out to all sorts of neglect.
  20. Daywatch Member

WHERE?

do NOT site the fucking barking moonbat rumor mill OCMB as a source either
  21. Skeptic1337 Member

See autism and the cults view on it...I'm cool with that as in expose the shit out of it.

I'm asking a direct question since this video as stated is "proof of Jett's autism"

And I know this is hard for some of you to have people question what you state as facts. But sadly this is how the real world works.
  22. formerlyIN Member

I have watched the video and most of you know my story, I'm and ex and have a special needs child myself. There is positively no doubt in my mind that he IS a special needs child!

I have told this story before but I will repeat for those who missed it. I was asked to "disconnect" from my special needs child when she was VERY young, as she was a PTS in my life, due to her illness. When that was not going to happen, they wanted me to stop all modern medical treatments and put her on a "regimin", this was also not acceptable. When I got her a surgery that was recomended by 2 surgeons, then she was deemed an SP(due to the anastesia). Since then she has had 2 more surgeries and has been able to walk, run, play and act like a normal child. Last surgery is coming soon and since she is not expected to grow much more, it will most likely be her last. Had I not have had the surgeries, she wouldn't be able to walk. She also takes other meds and they are prescribed by a competent medical DR.

I also lived in FL at the time, and DCF(dept of children and families) would have taken her away from me (as well they should have) if I had not gotten her medical care. It's called medical neglect! Why the travoltas get by with this is summed up in one word MONEY! This is the same dept that LOST, in their care, foster care, a child who is now presumed dead, named rylia wilson.

This is medical neglect. Although there is no cure for Autism (if that is the diagnosis) there are ways to ease the life and make life a little better for the child. Also, there are many children who after occupational theraphy, are considered "high functioning" with autism and similar disorders.

Just my 2 cents.
  23. Skeptic1337 Member

I'm asking for some one to show this medical neglect. That's it. It's simple.
  24. formerlyIN Member

I can't show you thank and I have no proof, all I can say is they wanted to "cure" My child with a vit regimin. BTW My kids diagnosis is C.P. Right hemeplegia. Meaning surgery is totally necessary every few years until they stop growing on her legs to prevent the heel cord from snapping. Now how in the hell would vitamins fix this?
  25. Skeptic1337 Member

I agree it wont.

I'm not disputing that scientology is quakery. I'm asking how do you go from scientology is quakery to JT is abusing his kid due to medical neglect.

I can state it on a message board, it doesn't make it true. It doesn't create a compelling case and it looks opportunistic to use a video with no tangible evidence.
  26. monamia Member

I wrote upwards that this video is not proof of autism.

There are thousands and thousands of google search references to "jett travolta and autism"--like always, many are suspect, but I am not going to dig through them to find those that are most credible.

(My *source* is from another parent who is in these circles. She is familiar with this family and she has a child who has aspergers. She is highly educated, aware and sensitive to children. The parent is prominent in the business end of the acting world. Her son is the same age.)
  27. Daywatch Member

I knew a guy who lived next door to a nigger!
  28. monamia Member

I can see why you would want to keep his name to yourself.
  29. CLOCKSHIT Member

You're good at it! (i.e. SARCASM). You're also a pathetic moron and trying to troll this young lady should not be you're objective. DOX you say!, who are you the current director of the FBI?
    Get lost Skeptic1337!

Madame_Guillotine thanks for the information and video that was good reporting.
    Zigma, thanks also you should not apologize to this ....1337 he is in his own world and belongs to the THUNDERDOME.

JT is a scumbag and so are all Scilons for that matter. He jets around in his plane all the upper echelon of CO$ he should be trolled for all he's got. There is no immunity because you have a few human jests now and again. CO$ is a CULT period. The more you make the public aware of all of CO$ the better it is for the whole planet. And the more light you shine on the bastards stars that promote or live by Scientology the better we all are. They make millions, give millions to the CO$ and influence many uninformed kids so they deserve what they get.
    Skeptic do us a favor, go away for ever.
  30. CLOCKSHIT Member

THANKS MAN! THIS ONE IS WORTH MORE THEN A MILLION I'M GLAD YOU HAD THE COURAGE TO TELL US AND FOR COMING OUT OF CO$.

I really admire your strength and commitment.
    Unfortunately for me, we will never meet but I reserve a special place for JT.
  31. whosit Member

I admire FormerlyIn about coming forward on a whole host of things. I don't see Jett coming forward. We're treading on dangerous ground here. What people think is not PROOF. And could also be considered LIBEL. And to top it all off we don't know what has really gone on with Jett. People BELIEVE that Jett is being treated with Scientology quackery but that does not necessarily make it TRUE.
  32. CLOCKSHIT Member

Who cares! The important thing here is that he has an autistic child period. I don't care if he covers him with gold every night or gives him the moon or kisses him goodnight too! JT (John Travolta) is one of many stars that is and supports CO$ but he tries to keep very quiet about the fact that he has an autistic child, that's what needs to be the target, NOT THE CHILD!
  33. whosit Member

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE'S AUTISTIC?
  34. monamia Member

Dawn will speak to experts; I think we can count on that.

The diagnosis seems to be based on an arc of brain damage, some think. Massive progress has been made in the past few years. This arc could range from extreme learning disabilities and communication disorders to aspergers syndrome (bill gates, see him rocking in chairs, to Andy Warhold) and to autistic (google Temple Grandin, also a famous music expert, the New Yorker profiled within the last couple years). The alternative expert is Glenn Doman on the east coast, but traditionalists would dispute his work, Scientologists and so-called New Age people endorse it. I think he has techniques that are effective. Like I said, I have two friends who have dealt with this whom I supported.
    Both have had success in mainstreaming and socializing their kids. Neat kids.

There are experts. Lots at Yale and at UCLA.
  35. whosit Member

So we have Jett's medical history? Boy HIPAA isn't worth shit.
  36. formerlyIN Member

Whois: I can say for sure after my lawsuit HIPAA isn't worth shit, but that aside, something IS wrong, definate diagnosis, unknown for sure. Kelly Preston claims he has brain damage due to chemicals....

Whatever the cause, I can say from personal experience Hubbards tech is total utter bullshit! They can no more cure you via vit regimins than I can cure someone via the net.

As for brain damage I CAN personally speak to this as well. Medical tech has come along sooo far that my kid had a proceedure (they do it without anesthia`sp` while patient is awake) and they took scar tissue off the brain. She is in the 90% state percentile in school (regular ed) and has other activities.

Shit man, after I got burned in the fire they said they could fix me! The best surgeons in the Country in severall states say impossible.
  37. monamia Member

It's up to Dawn how she writes it, or writes around it.

BTW, HIPPA isn't worth shit. I know this from my own experiences with medical-legal issues.
  38. monamia Member

39. amaX Member

Here's an article from Hollywood Interrupted (please note paragraph number four where the author of the article sites five different sources saying that Jett Travolta is afflicted with autism.)

Hollywood, Interrupted: A PLEA FROM HOLLYWOOD: JOHN TRAVOLTA - OPEN YOUR HEART!

This article has a story from a neighbor of the Travolta's in Ocala, Florida along with other info about the Travolta's, Kawasaki syndrome, and the cult of $cientology's 'tude toward treatment for autism.

Cele|bitchy Blog Archive The Travoltas Ignore Their Son’s Autism

Here's Joey Travolta's website for his film company that only makes films for people with special needs:

Joey Travolta's Official site - Inclusion Films

Here's a link to a conference hosted by Joey Travolta this past April. The theme of the conference was "All in the Autism Family."

All in the Autism Family Conference - April 11th & 12th 2008

There has been talk that Jett Travolta is autistic for years and that the Travolta's ignore it.

I'll say it again: I think it's very telling that Joey Travolta devotes his life to working with autistic children now.