Customize

Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Madame_Guillotine, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Lednir Member

Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Don't mean to sound like a broken record here, but surely the issue is not whether or not JT is autistic, but whether he is being abused (as a result of this, by scientology). As he is the child of a famous couple, who could reveal all to the press and get major coverage if the cult pushed for abusive treatment, Scientology most likely doesn't suggest/force treatment on him, and they probably don't even tell the Travoltas that it's a possibility. Hell, he probably isn't even labelled a PTS. If he's not being abused, regardless of whether he's autistic, it makes no difference; it's not an issue.
  2. RavenEyes Member

Austism Spectrum Disorder is the umbrella term for Austism, Aspberger's, and PDD-NOS (pervasive developmental disorder which is non-specific). It is NOT considered or classified as a learning disability. Johns Hopkins has ruled out brain damage in several studies. Brain abnormalities is a more accurate term, and the neurscience field is working diligently on a way to diagnose it using physiological methods. Currently, the diagnosis is a clinical one, not a medical one. Based on Lorna Wing's research in the late 70s, the individual is placed on the Spectrum based on their abilities in: social interation, communication, response to sensory stimuli, and the presence of inappropriate/difficult behaviors (often manifested in levels of confusion, fear, restlessness, agressiveness, etc.)
  3. whosit Member

I suck.
  4. exOT8Michael Member

If Travolta actually had the amazingly awesome Scientology-promised OT powers he has paid millions of dollars towards would he not use them to heal his own son and show the miracle to the world??
  5. Buttons Member

What about all the scientologists that do not have the benefit of the Travolta money?

How are they counseled to "handle" their children with disabilities?

How much do they have to spend in auditing/courses to keep them in good standing with the church while they are trying to raise a PTS child? (Did they bring it in?)

What guilt or pressure might they have to experience thinking that the disability was a result of them not being further up the bridge?

I have read so many accounts of scientologists commiting suicide because they weren't traveling up the bridge at the speed that they thought they should be. Believing that suicide would advance them to the next life and another try at it.
    Does this mentality apply to children with disabilities?
  6. Lednir Member

Agreed, this is what is most important, the children of normal, not famous, scientologists who happen to have a disability/condition. These are the ones the cult is going to force "treatment" upon, not JT.
  7. whosit Member

This is what we should focus on. Still don't agree with using Jett as a poster child for the ills of Scientology. I just don't think its necessary. But whatever.
  8. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

at 1:40 on, I 'm pretty sure you can see Jett having his seat belt put on for him?
  9. Zigma Member

I can't imagine what it would be like now if I were him. It's a frustrating existence. There is a special needs school near me and they seem to mainly deal with autism, almost every week when at the bus stop I see this one kid walking around about 16 years old with 2 carers. You have to wonder why some people like caring while others do not.

Zig
  10. reznik Member

I cant be bothered to read this thread. There is probably an angle that can taken with this to make it less "dirty". But the nonethicsfags will probably not take it.
  11. DawnOlsen Member

I will treat this with the sensitivity and consideration it deserves. I am less than pleased with Skeptic's presumed assertion is that I am some kind of ghoulish mouthbreather who will intentionally go out of my way to sensationalize and cause undue damage to a child.

Hell, I am known for that sort of thing.

^^^^

That's called sarcasm, try using less often if you want people to take you seriously, which I was willing to do until you became all righteous and indignant.
  12. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

I posted this because I found the information important and relevant. Treating a toddler to harsh methods to try and cure him is not right. Kelly admitted doing this. Kids and special needs kids are a tender spot for me, like FIn and others.
    I did not expect everyone to go storm the Travoltas and drag Jett out and into the state system.

I'm sure Dawn will treat it with respect, she always does a fabulous job. And besides Skeptic, who made you minister of what the press can print? That doesn't sound to anon to me, more.....another group.

*Resists temptation to stick out tongue.*
  13. formerlyIN Member

Madame_Guillotime:

The OP was very informative. Scio's do watch and listen to things posted on the net. The breaking point for me was someone opening my eyes to things and sites...remember...
  14. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Thanks Fin. I will remember. :D

As I said Jett's story was one of the biggest for me to get involved. Maybe it will reach others, too. Maybe not Autism, but it does prove he is special needs.
  15. DawnOlsen Member

MG, thank you for your confidence and for all the posted info in this thread. If anyone else finds helpful data I can use to present my case, please paste in this thread. It would be greatly appreciated. Including "crazy talk" from OCMB, a site I have found fairly useful many times and run by a great guy.

I will let you guys know when the post is ready. It will take some time to compile all of this.
  16. pooks Member

I would love to see this thread go to the Dome.
  17. Zigma Member

And what good would that do?

Zig
  18. pooks Member

It would allow me to call out all the faggotry, drama llama'ing, and self righteous indignation that's on this thread without getting any infraction points.
  19. Skeptic1337 Member

Dawn if this video had been about some random kid with scientologist parents would you have paid it a moments notice?

I know, us troll mouth breathers are a disruption but that's an honest question.

I'm not good at sarcasm either.

Edit: You took lots of inferences here that did not exist or read into why I have a fundamental difference of opinion on "if you're going to criticize a fucked up cult, going after their kids is probably not a brilliant idea."
  20. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

The kids are the victims no one is going after them
  21. Buttons Member

The parents are victims as well.
    At a critical time when their main concern should be for the welfare of their child, they have to second guess their own good judgement based on the writings of L. Ron Hubbard.

While using Jett Travolta as an example may make some people uncomfortable, what better way to demonstrate this insidious form of brain-washing, cult behavior.

It does not matter what his medical problems may or may not be.
  22. Daywatch Member

There she stood
    she was a vision
    a picture of perfection
    so I made the big decision

I'm going to talk to her
    I have to show to her it could be magic
    and then I got the nerve up

So went over there
    she was a goddess
    I had to show to her I could be her Adonis
    At first sight I knew she was my destiny
    The first time the feeling has come over me

Intimidation, feared rejection
    I need to make a love connection
    then the unexpected had occurred
    and then it happened

and she spoke
    and it all just went to hell
    her personality quickly broke the spell
    so disillusioned
    and I came to the conclusion
    she was garbage wrapped in loveliness
    leaving me so unimpressed

If she don't shut up
    I'm gonna throw up
    all over her shoes

How could it be?
    That such a goddess would ever talk to me
    and make me nauseous
    All the things she said
    just echoed in my head
    I thought she was an angel,
    but it all was just misread

Every word was terrible,
    and made it more unbearable
    and made me have to fucking leave the room

and it's all because she spoke
    tortured by her words
    such a pretty shithead
    that I wished I never heard

Perfect on the outside
    but fucked up on the in
    how can god be so cruel?
    it's got to be a sin

I had to plug my ears,
    until she disappears
    so I can cry - Waahh!

and it's all because she spoke
    it all just went to hell
    her personality had quickly broke the spell
    so disillusioned
    that I came to the conclusion
    she was garbage wrapped in loveliness
    leaving me so unimpressed

'Cause I was destined to learn my lesson
    and I learned it well it's

Never think she's perfect till you talk to her first
    Never fall in love till you go through her purse
    Never think she's perfect till you talk to her first
    And I should know
  23. dollhouse Member

This video makes me sick....Kelly Preston went on national TV and blamed his condition on Kawasaki Disease which the worst side effect is serious heart disease! Sorry--this is complete and utter bullshit! The blatant lie is what pisses me off! Forget the meds...there are many special schools and therapies to help develop the mind of a child with autism. If anyone has the money--they do! Many can speak and interact with the proper therapy. The way Travolta was freaked out his son was being filmed-whisked him off in a car and left the little wife and "normal" child to handle the press. Fucking COS--they just don't believe in any type of disability at all. Actress Jenny McCarthy (Jim Carey's girl) has an autistic son. She has written a great book! Through her research her son is "coming alive". Jett is proof of what will happen when no action is taken to help a child with this disability! This boy is too far gone because he obviously never received any help! The CULT sees him as an outcast! This is NOT Kawasaki's disease--because it's treatable in the early stages and these are not the symptoms! This is autism-it's very obvious! How they live with themselves is beyond me! The CULT strikes again--actually the Travolta's are just plain stupid to believe the CULT bullshit over the well being of their son!
  24. King Nerd Member

Last time I checked, we were trolling a cult that tried to suppress free speech that also made complete fucktards out of themselves at every opportunity.
    Threads like this make me want to vomit.

Take the internet doctoring and moralfaggotry to the hippie boards. We shouldn't be giving two shits about some celebrity's kid. Autism or not, it doesn't belong here. Next you'll be claiming we should raid a movie premiere or something.
  25. dollhouse Member

Do I dare day I'm impressed Daywatch?
  26. dollhouse Member

Then why you on this thread? Don't assume we've ALL been on the hippie board!
  27. P149U3 Member

Good thing he got banned (Skeptic1337) he was a very angry person that is not right in the head
  28. P149U3 Member

LOOK Out a Troll from /b/ now got back to 4chan u Angry monger
  29. Skeptic1337 Member

I like your style!
  30. P149U3 Member

oh god he is back
    hide the children
    go back to 4chan Troll
  31. Fear Not Member

I see a lot of abuse and neglect words being thrown about.

If you honestly think this child is being neglected then you have a duty to report it to Child Protective Services. Time to put your drama, where your mouth is.

Oh but you won't do that will you......

Why?
  32. dollhouse Member

Havin' a discussion............really...... what bug crawled up you ass! My opinion....that's it deal with it or go play elsewhere!...... you're a smart one aren't you?
  33. RavenEyes Member

Wow - you're quite the Autism expert, aren't you? All that knowledge from watching "national TV" and reading an alternative treatment book from a TV star. How impressive! I suggest you turn the TV off and lurk moar at your nearest college and then come back and profess to be an expert.
  34. monamia Member

Thanks so much Raven Eyes for your expertise. Learning here. That's a high purpose; you are up on your information. I am in awe of Johns Hopkins in a number of areas.
  35. monamia Member

You touch on huge problems here and this is why it's better to get edgy with the treatments that are being given to and being denied to autistic, as with JT, and other special kids who are being treated ala scientology.
  36. reznik Member

Sorry were you being sarcastic in Point A (above) where you said "I will treat this with the sensitivity and consideration it deserves." or in Point B when you said you were known for being " displeased with Skeptic"?

for the record i think much (if not all) of your coverage of CoS / Chanology has been good (of what i have read) ... and had wondered where you / the coverage had gone. In some ways i feel different about Glosslips other content, which is (respectfully) tabloid gutter trash that takes delight in salacious gossip and the misfortune / deterioration of people health - but then they are celebrities and therefore deserve it (and it makes the NORPS feel better about thier lives)

disclaimer #1:
    I may not read / look at Glossip enough and may be misrepresenting it.
    The above is simply the impression i got when i did.

Glad to have you around again Dawn. Dont take Skeptic's comments too much to heart. Think of them as "checks and balances". Being more conscious of "treating this with the sensitivity and consideration it deserves" can do no harm, and imho only benefit the article.

in b4 No U Snob!

obama-snob.jpg
  37. King Nerd Member

Get the fuck out of here you ignorant scat muncher.
  38. P149U3 Member

50859300.jpg
  39. DawnOlsen Member

I respect your points and you in general. I've read many of your posts and think you make good sense, but you aren't taking into account my track record covering the CoS. I have treated it with a great degree of seriousness and respect. People shouldn't assume that because I run a celeb website I am without moral or ethical lines. I rarely ever talk shit about people's kids, celebs or otherwise. And while we try to be funny and entertaining, we hardly ever post something just to be cruel. There is often a lot of analysis, not always, but often

Of course sometimes we just post stuff to be silly ;)
  40. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

skeptic, it would be of interest if it was the kid of some random scientologist who had been on national televison to push a cure and bow down to Hubbard.