Customize

Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Madame_Guillotine, Nov 16, 2008.

1. dollhouse Member

Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Not once did I claim to be an expert on autism. I expressed my anger at this child's parents for not getting him the help he so desperately deserves! Yes I have read up on the subject and yes you clearly have more information than I do! This is my opinion not my "expert medical opinion"! I am angered the parent's refuse to accept and help their child due the the CULT and Kelly Preston's ridiculous claims of the condition her child suffers from. The point I was making is even if you took the "medication" out of the picture-if that was the CULT'S problem there are other ways of helping. I never said I agreed with how they have handled the situation. I do not get my information from TV. Jenny McCarthy's book was informative and inspirational! Also-I have immense respect for your knowledge on the subject and do not claim to be the "expert". I certainly was not trying to "over-power" you! So I suggest you read moar and understand we all have our own opinions and do not have to agree with each other all the time! Not here for a bitch fight!
  2. dollhouse Member

^^^THIS^^^
  3. Tenebrous Member

We could always try living our own individual lives well and as a result, having our children look up to us instead of deifying utter strangers.

That's just crazy talk though.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

Dawn,

Honestly I have no beef with you or your site. I've actually been impressed more then once. I might have facepalmed once or twice. :)

Having said that this thread in particular is about some ones kid (I don't care that it happens to be a culty). Had you said you'd be doing something on autism, I would have said "awesome" or probably said nothing because hey do your thing. You stated you wanted to cover this story and I presented my personal reason why I think it might be over the line and regardless of any past histories journalists who cover kids for ratings are at the bottom of my list as far as the human gene pool.

I'm not discouraging you from doing a story on it but it's rare I actually decide to post on anything not with a pink background (well anything of substance any way). Do your story but it should be a red flag if an apathetic troll has decided to pay attention to this you should handle it with kit gloves. I'm not saying you wont but you can understand why I would draw the inference. Had this been a thread about autism and how the culties deal with it, none issue.

And yes shockingly enough I can be polite when the subject is delicate. :)
  5. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

Well that goes without saying of course! But unless you raise your kids in a cave in Siberia or something, they are going to look for outside sources for inspiration as well. And Martin Luther Kings, Ten Corrie Booms, and such are in very short supply lately.
  6. Tenebrous Member

They always have been, really.
  7. anonymous1312 Member

The footage was taken by local paparazzi and the atmosphere was fairly congenial; the Travolta family are use to that kind of attention. So the kid was not the target, he was not being stalked and I don't think anyone is trying to prove a point rather they are observing that Travolta's son does show the several characteristics associated with autism; obvously the Travolta's don't consider their son to have this condition as it is a psychiatric label.

The cult has a history of mismanagement of similar issues although in this video the kid looks otherwise healthy. In fact some types of autism can be managed behaviourally and some autistic people can lead quite productive lives. One hopes he's able to adjust in later life, although I suspect that as pops gets a lot older the cult will not be a very good place for him - his education may suffer.
  8. King Nerd Member

Great post. Would read again.

/thread.
  9. Daywatch Member

[IMG]
  10. the_cloak Member

You know I have to feel a bit sorry for them really. How would you like it if you couldn't even go out for a fucking pizza with your family without getting a fuckton of cameras in your face. The paparazzi are worse than even the scientologists in this respect. I think one reason some of these people hang around the scientologists is because they will send their bullbaiters out to deal with any paparazzi idiots.

Ironically, the scientology celebrity centers may be the only areas they get some form of peace from the media. It's just sad it comes at the cost of having their money vacuumed up by a sickening cult.
  11. anyjane Member

12. AnonyK23 Member

Jett looks special needs (/eshrink).

Jenny Mc is an attention whore camwhore who's using methods reccomended by DAN! doctors, who are allied with CCHR. So she's no one to look up to in this regard either. And she says that all the Aspie/Autistic anons flat out don't exist. Including the one(s) she has actually met in non-anon functions.

/nonhelpful.
  13. ZeLyt Member

This is kind of sickening IMO. The mistreatment of the kid that is.
  14. whosit Member

15. exOT8Michael Member

Yes it is.
    If there was prior medical negligence to this person's death today it is very relevant.
    Scientology frowns on medical supervision in favor of its own Hubbard "tech" instead.
    This is a point o be looked at in Jett's death which is a very sad occurrence.
    Another name to add to www.whyaretheydead.net ?
  16. iaxiloll Member

Bump for justice.
  17. whosit Member

So how is CoS going to spin this? JT and KP are high level OTs. They should not be having problems like this. Who's the PTS or SP?
  18. whosit Member

I wonder if Jett has gotten to Mars yet?

19. The Shadow Member

Greetings to those of you who are viewing this thread after hearing the tragic news about Jett Travolta and have Google or AOL searched (AOL users- as we say here on the internet, 'ur doin it wrong') for further information regarding Jett Travolta's autism. Please feel free to browse other threads and further educate yourself about the Church of Scientology. You are quite welcome here :)
  20. ILikeMasks Member

^^Agree^^

It is possible that he had both Kawasaki Syndrome and Autism. But it's obvious that he had autism. I have Kawasaki Syndrome and I am nothing like how he was. It's quite simple, they killed their son because of their beliefs. It's sad but it happens in all religions.
  21. Donovan Cook Member

My heart goes out to the family. To lose a child is the worst thing that could happen to you.

Really, 7200 guests viewing this thread??? This must be VERY relevant to many interests. ;)
  22. blah Member

I thought we were being DDoSed again, but it turns out this very thread is #5 if you google for 'jett travolta autism' so it looks like legitimate traffic.
  23. mancer0 Member

DM MIA...
    Jett dead...

=

?

Must be something going on...

This is sad. I hope to god this is not what the little voice in my head says it is...
  24. Little_Sister Member

I figured this out not too long ago myself, if Davey's abandonment of the NYE event is tied to Jett-then it means this kid has been dead/dying for a while.
  25. mancer0 Member

Yep and it didn't happen in the US so what kind of autopsy you think their gonna do? If any at all...
  26. Re: Video proof of Jett Travolta's autism

"Dispose of them quietly and without sorrow" --L Ron Hubbard
  27. muldrake Member

I believe they said an autopsy was scheduled for Monday (so sez CNN). I'd fully expect if they figure out the legal implications before then that they will insist an autopsy is against their "religious beliefs" and try for a cremation.

In general, family members have the right to refuse a clinical autopsy. Not sure about the Bahamas in particular.

It would be unlikely to go without note, though, since CNN has already announced there will be an autopsy, and it is certain the press are watching the situation. I think they may be unable to stop a medical examination of some sort, though, and that will probably include blood samples and toxicology. I.e. we'll at least see if Jett had therapeutic levels of anti-seizure medication in his bloodstream.

Willful failure to medicate a child for a life-threatening condition like seizures isn't justified by nutty religious beliefs. It's a form of homicide, just like when Jehovah's Witlesses deprive their children of needed medical treatment, resulting in their deaths. Not that I think we'll see a celebrity prosecuted for this, but they should certainly be criticized for it.

Also:

If they really did let their disabled son go into a shower on THURSDAY NIGHT and didn't find his body sprawled on the floor until 10:00 a.m., that's absolutely reprehensible. You wonder how large this suite was, and whether they just shoved him into a room by himself and ignored him.
  28. blah Member

aw, the internet is gone
  29. The Shadow Member

*cough*The McCanns*cough*
  30. none given Member

"Dispose of them quietly and without sorrow" --L Ron Hubbard

Travolta was only doing as his faith commanded.
  31. Hostile Member

well, looks like this thread just got really popular.

should we edit the first post with some strong dox on the cos?
  32. none given Member

Scientologists are taught that the disabled should be "freed" from broken or defective bodys or brains.
  33. none given Member

Scientologists have no place for disabled people.
  34. craigsfan2008 Member

I don't understand. Davey? DM? Can someone please fill me in? Thank you!
  35. Black Moriah Member

Feel bad that the kid died. But if we find out the cult had something to do with it, i'd be extremely pissed off.
  36. Mommy Field Member

God bless this child. May he rest in peace. I have a son with Autism. It is clear when watching this video that Jett was autistic.

If they knew that he had seizures and willfully neglected to give him medicine, that is just truly disguiting and maddening to me as a mom! My son does not have seizures, but as I understand it, the seizure alone can cause further brain damage. How could they stand by and allow this to happen to him? What kind of faith promotes quietly disposing of people just because of their medical ailments? Skum.

The true test of a society is how we treat those most vulnerable. As a Christian and a human being, I am appauled that anyone could subscribe to such a disguisting faith.

A couple of years ago, John Travolta showed up in the small city that I live in where we had a special fundraising concert for special needs children in our community. He quietly entered when the concert started, and went unnoticed by the masses. I believe that they loved their child, and I wonder if its true, how they could allow their Scientology to blind them to make such an irresponsible choice.
  37. Keilduzer Member

Mudkip. David Mudkip.
  38. BoombaGoomba Member

Scientology did have a part in this, since in in their cult they are NOT ALLOWED to take psych medicine; its the main cause in his death. If he was taking the RIGHT medicine HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW!!

My heart goes out to the family :(
  39. nonnonanon Member

When Davey isn't David Mudkips ;-) Davey is David Miscavige. He didn't make it to the New Year's event that is usually run a few days before the New Year and tapes shipped out to orgs, who watch it on the New Year or the weekend after. There was an assumption that he was dealing with some kind of catastrophe elsewhere.

Whilst there isn't the evidence to say either way on this occasion, sadly, unwise choices regarding medication for conditions like epilepsy are not unusual as a result of Scientology doctrines, which teach that such medication is counterproductive and toxic and should be avoided in favor of time in saunas + huge doses of vitamins + exercise + auditing. This can be very dangerous...

Either way... it is so sad :-(
  40. none given Member

I liek her.

I bet she smells liek cookies.