Customize

Village Voice: Scientology Sunday Funnies

Discussion in 'Media' started by AnonLover, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

That's the thing. I can imagine you NOT going to church. I can't imagine you listening to boring preaching. Each time when I hear preaching I feel like arguing with the priest [not that I get to hear preaching too often].
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AnonLover Member

Priests make great debaters, and in my experience there's nobody who loves a rational but slighted heated argument like a theologian who will always take the time to hear the other side out. So I like to play a game with the priests i go to mass to regularly... i pay close attention to what they say during the service. Often times, have my bible with me and chk their cites as I listen. Then on the way out, during the vestibule handshaking cya later bai farewells, I hit 'em with a comment or remark that lets 'em know I not only paid attention - i absorbed it and spun it back around.

Then i see how it long it takes the priest to let my hand go... and leave go of the urge to say "hey wait a minute, stop right there - thats a very good point - somebody actually listened to me!" :)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

I tend to make fun of their outfits [if they are catholic monks] and asking them how can they really believe that Mary was a virgin when in fact she was married. Most of the time they just offer to pray for me. With Jews it's a bit different - since I'm a member of the tribe and they are an elitist religion which doesn't let go of any Jew, they don't give up on me. They start debating various points with me, but I know the Torah well....they ain't getting anywhere with their arguments. So eventually they just say that one day God will change my mind, bla bla.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Hmmmm

< imagining >
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AnonLover Member

I liek how u think :p
  6. AnonLover is very rational for a Bible Thumper :)
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

You know whose bible interpretation I liked the most? Steven Fisher's. He was hilarious when he told in his affidavit how he was watching virgin Mary bath every day, and when he was masturbating in the bushes, his sperm flew right into her and hence he is the biological father of Jesus Christ. LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AnonLover Member

9. AnonLover Member

That's merely cuz I'm well adapted to faking it ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RightOn Member

wow IAS lifetime membership at age 4
    sad
    when oh when will this silliness and abuse stop?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Sea Org font:

XDbDA.jpg?aaaa=aaaaaa.jpg

Starship Troopers font:

Q2Yfz.png?aaaa=aaaa.png

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

One is a sci-fi vision of a fascist future, and the other... is a movie by Paul Verhoven. (Ho ho).
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  13. AnonLover Member

^^I got a smile on my face so big it almost hurts :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. :) <3
  15. Zhent Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. AnonLover Member

17. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. RightOn Member

lol! nice
    But now I want to buy a tone scale chart for my very own
  19. Anonymous Member

Be sure to add in Epic Fail Guy's face at the top of the scale (at > 9000, of course).
  20. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. [/quote]

I've seen fake 'enthusiasm' on Scientology's tone-scale in action before.......

This takes the cake.......

WOW........ I'm a little slow,...... Soooo.....if.....I....... send...... MONEY.......to ......THEM........from anywhere on the planet..........THEY will go CRAZY........... for ME?..........WOW........OT Chairman Suzie got me so EXCITED.....I HAD to DONATE............WOW!!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. zil Member

What a good bargain.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Fuck. The redardation. It hurts.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Sponge Member

Scientology Sunday Funnies: May the Force Be With You!
    by Tony Ortega Village Voice. 29th Jan 2012
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_sun_11.php

Oh my fucking LOL
    • Like Like x 4
  25. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. another123 Member

• Like Like x 10
  27. Pique Member

• Like Like x 2

28. Village Voice posted this on their site.
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Django Member

That one's been around a while, actually, nothing new. Still, what always hits me about this particular vid is the thinly veiled desperation behind all the participants. It's really sad...they're obviously being pressured beyond belief behind the scenes, and they're going for this "Hey, we're just having so much fun with this fundraising drive here!" vibe, but it just comes off as disturbingly, achingly wretched.

Hope the participants read Debbie Cook....
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Zhent Member

That shoop is 100% pure win.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Moar like 1000% for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Classic.............Looks like sum1 Fowlered it up a bit........
    • Like Like x 2
  33. another123 Member

Caught that, did you? lol.
    Also, google news grabs shoop thumb for VV's Sunday Funnies post.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 6

34. Nancy Cartwright: "Give More."

The planet's eternity is at stake.........
  35. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  36. another123 Member

• Like Like x 7
  37. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

Oh god, Tony has something planned for tomorrow. Can't wait!

FreewindsWorkshop.jpg

Oh, it's a &quot;Learn how to Sell on the Internet&quot; course.

They should add &quot;Learn how to tell between an SP and a true Scientologist client with the 'special handshake' &quot;, &quot;Discover how to sell all your possessions to pay for your Bridge when OT9000 comes out&quot; and &quot;Find out how to stand up against Anonymous when they start spamming and harpooning the shit out of your online business with entheta&quot;.
    • Like Like x 2