Customize

virtual robots posing as teenage girls are being used to uncover paedophiles on social network sites

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by FloGold, Jul 11, 2013.

1. FloGold Moderator

virtual robots posing as teenage girls are being used to uncover pedophiles on social network sites

• Like Like x 4
  2. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

3. Anonymous Member

So we've designed an interface that can beat the turing test, and they use it to catch pedos? I guess that makes sense.
  4. Ander_109 Member

Hopefully this will help, as this is important to me, as one of my relatives was raped. Good
  5. FloGold Moderator

To me, this seems like a double edged sword. Inciting people who would have normally kept their urges in check with a machine will allow for deeper prodding of these pervs since the human element will be taken out and cause repercussions in the future. Or maybe I'm just over thing things like i usually tend to do.
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Those chat rooms will fill up with bots talking and entrapping each other, changing tactics as the conversation changes. Hoo boy. IMHO I don't have a IMHO. Who follows up on in doc obtained? Does a police decoy take over after a while?
    I can just imaging the lulz our /b/rothers will have playing with these bots.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Silent333Eyes Member

I was thinking about this when the news came out for the bot. It looks like a really good plan but I think it may not last long before it gets figured out. However, if there was a monitor system in place to make sure the A.I. is responding correctly I feel this may work well. I understand that labour for this is overwhelming though so it may save money and lives at the same time.
  8. Anonymous Member

Still- I look forward to posting transcripts of trolling of said bot.