Customize

Wacko-green eco-news site defends Travolta

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by RevModemac, Jan 5, 2009.

1. RevModemac Member

2. Mutante Member

Re: Wacko-green eco-news site defends Travolta

They seem to have skipped the bit where Jett is in fact now dead possibly as a result of the methods they favour. Not very clever.
  3. auchraw Member

This article is right about the problem of medically-induced illness and death but it overlooks several important facts which move the argument right round.

Treatments are almost always agreed between patients or their relatives and doctors. We should all by now know there are risks in taking any medication. Almost everyone WANTS to take medication if it offers the chance of a cure for themselves or their relatives. None of those who die from drug reactions or allergies has been forced to take a drug against their will (well, let's hope not). In any case the intention of the treatment is invariably to cure, not to kill. This makes a huge difference to the moral argument. Society accepts the death toll from drugs, failed operations and other medical mishaps much as it accepts the death toll from traffic accidents as an inevitable price to pay for what is otherwise a valuable thing.

If everyone in the USA stopped taking their pills tomorrow a small number would probably feel better, but the majority would experience premature death from cardiac problems, strokes, seizures, suicide, cancer, infections, epidemic diseases and many other horrors we have almost forgotten. I don't like the medical profession much but I am very glad to know it is there if I need help.

I suspect that the life expectancy of Scientologists is way below the average.
  4. number 6 Member

Tory Magoo would not be here if she didn't get back on her anti-seizure meds despite what that madman says about epilepsy.
  5. Re: Wacko-green eco-news site defends Travolta

Wow. That site's retarded. Smells of scilon to me, though. They've got their claws well into the a lot of stuff in the Uk that pretends to be about herbalism or naturopathy. bleargh.