Customize

Want to Submit a Letter to Government Agencies

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by dbloch7986, Jul 23, 2015.

1. dbloch7986 Member

If I can get at least a couple hundred first hand stories, with actual names and signed with some form of contact information, Including my own submission. And compose a cover letter to top it all off. I would gladly make copies and submit via e-mail and/or traditional mail, all the stories and cover letter to the list below. I would do all the leg work on this. All I would need from you is:

*1 page summarizing why you feel Scientology's tax exemption should be revoked
    *1 page summarizing how Scientology has personally affected you
    *Please have your full name at the top of each page and sign the second page (electronically or you can print it, sign it and scan it. You can even hand write your note if you wish and sign and scan it).
    *Second-hand submissions on behalf of those who cannot speak out about what happened to them, for whatever reason, are also welcome.
    *Submissions about events which you may have personally witnessed but did not affect you are welcome.
    *Anonymous submissions are welcome. But keep in mind that I wouldn't send out a package like this if I receive less than a couple hundred personal stories with actual names attached to them

Suggestion: It would be nice to have some notarized copies if you have the money to spend on that. It's usually 10-30 bucks depending on where you live. I will likely get mine notarized.

Rules:
    *Do not exceed the 2 page limit
    *Be professional
    *No curse words
    *State your feelings and your experiences, but do not make any demands or threats
    *Be factual
    *There is no need to name names of non-public figures, but if you are willing to provide them should any of these people choose to contact you, please state that in your note.
    *Don't call anyone names, or express your feelings (positive or negative) towards the personnel below. Keep it focused on Scientology and your personal experience or things you have witnessed.
    *Don't ramble, or profess conspiracy theories, or talk about angels and demons. Be as coherent and organized as you can.
    *Don't send separate letters of your own to these people. I would rather make this a consolidated effort with a single package sent to each of these people. I will notify everyone of everyone else who is receiving a copy of this.

Submit your two pages to derek07091986@yahoo.com

This includes long-time or well-known critics. Everyone that has been personally affected by Scientology to any degree, please submit something. The more people we get, the better chance we have to grab someone's attention on this list.

Everyone is welcome to submit, whether you were a Scientologist or not and no matter how long ago your experience was.

Tony, Marc, Claire, Tory, Gerry Armstrong, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, John Brousseau, Nick Lister, Aaron Smith-Levin, Dee, the other Dee, Elizabethan, John P Capitalist, Jeffrey Augustine, Karen DeLaCarriere, Lori, Ginger, Susanna, Bob, and so many thousands of other people.

POTUS
    FLOTUS
    VPOTUS
    Secretary of Health and Human Services
    US Attorney General
    Secretary of Labor
    Secretary of Homeland Security
    Speaker of the House
    Senate Majority Leader
    Senate Minority Leader
    House Ways and Means Committee
    Senate Committee on Finance
    My Senators
    My District's Representative
    Commissioner of the IRS
    IRS - Communications and Liaison
    IRS - Deputy Commissioner for Services and Enforcement
    IRS - Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division
    IRS - Criminal Investigations Division
    IRS - Whistleblower Office
    Director & Deputy Director of the FBI
    FBI Public Affairs
    FBI Congressional Affairs
    FBI Criminal Investigations Division
    Dept of Labor - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
    Dept of Labor - Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs
    Dept of Labor - Office of the Inspector Genera
    Dept of Labor - Office of Labor-Management Standards
    Dept of Labor - Office of the Worker's Compensation Program
    Dept of Labor - Office of Public Engagement
    Governor of California
    CA - State Senate Majority Leader
    CA - State Senate Minority Leader
    CA - My state Senator
    CA - Speaker of the Assembly
    CA - Assembly Minority Leader
    CA - My Assemblyman
    Attorney General of California
    California State Board of Equalization
    CA Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development
    CA Secretary of Health and Human Services
    Riverside County Board of Supervisors
    Riverside County CEO
    Riverside County Treasurer
    Riverside County Sheriff
    Mayor of Los Angeles, CA
    My Representative in the City Council of Los Angeles
    Chief of LAPD
    Governor of Florida
    Attorney General of Florida
    FL - Speaker of the House
    FL - Senate Majority Leader
    FL - Senate Minority Leader
    Mayor of Clearwater, FL
    Clearwater, FL City Council - General Address
    Tony Ortega
    Los Angeles Times
    New York Times
    Tampa Bay Times
    Sacramento Bee
    Clearwater Gazette
    Press Enterprise
    TMZ
    CNN
    NBC
    ABC
    FOX
    [HQ as well as local affiliates in Riverside, Los Angeles, and Clearwater]
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BigBeard Member

It would be good if people who want to do this submitted the requested items directly to the agencies listed, rather than an "@yahoo.com" address belonging to ??????????

OP, if you really want people to do this, give them the addresses for the people & places you listed so they can send them directly.

As is, this smells like a phishing expedtion.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Hedorah Global Moderator

I have to be honest I like the idea of one big set of dox being dumped on these group's desk, but most will not want to hand over their personal info to someone they do not know on the internet.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
    Martin Luther

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's not some random yahoo from the internet.

It's Derek freakin' Bloch. 2ymukab.gif

He is one of the nicest, smartest, best-spoken people I've had the fortune to... well, not know, but know of. 2ymukab.gif
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BigBeard Member

Which "Derek freakin Bloch"? The CEO of Touchstone Merchandise Group, LLC? The Phoenix firefighter? The hockey player? The one that lives about 2 miles from me? Or some total stranger that decided to create a 'Derek Block' yahoo mail account one fine morning??

This may be totally legitimate, or it may be an OSA phishing expedition on a massive scale. Call it paranoia if you want. But in 20 years fighting $cientology, I've learned to be very wary of people asking for personal documents to be sent to themselves, instead of directly to the agencies they want them to go to.

I don't have a problem with folks like Jeff Augustine, who tell you where to send complaints and forms within Federal, State, and Local governments.

I do have a major problem with any individual, whoever it may be, asking for documents containing personal information to be sent to them for forwarding elsewhere. Even if legitimate, it's way to easy for OSA/PI's to access individuals incoming mail.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 5
  7. anon8109 Member

This sounds like an epic plan.

There is no question in my mind that OP is the real Derek Bloch. He has 235 posts over 3 years garnering 700 thumbs up. Not only would OSA have to be some sort of incredible genius to achieve that level of impersonation, but it would have to prevent the real Derek from coming on here and accusing OP of being an imposter.

If OSA were blackmailing Derek I doubt it would allow him to submit an article to Tony Ortega, published just yesterday, exposing Hubbard's top sekret ideas on how the universe was created.

If someone is worried about OSA getting sensitive information they could redact it out of the report and ask to be contacted directly by the agency if sensitive info is required.

As for the security of the documents, I hope Derek will take precautions and not just keep them lying on his desk. Intelligence has successfully managed to keep very sensitive documents for years and prevented OSA from stealing or destroying them, so it can be done. Intelligence is incredibly meticulous and cautious, and accepted help from a few trusted people. If Derek does this too I think he should be able to pull this off.

One reason the Scientology corporation gets away with so much criminality is that the victims are afraid to speak out. It is only by overcoming this fear that justice will ever be served. in this case I don't think that the risk is too great, especially if ultra-sensitive information is promised directly to the agency instead of being put in the document.
  8. thesneakster Member

Good morning, all!

I haven't posted in a long while, but I find this particular thread demands another (I hope) voice of reason.

Mr. Bloch (assuming the OP is truly him) has evidently failed to perform even the most basic review of the correct procedures under Administrative Law for bringing about the revocation of the Co$'s corporate tax exemptions. Having failed to inform himself of the proper procedure ("due process of law"), he instead proposes spamming the entire U.S. government with largely irrelevant information.

There is one and only one thing that may lawfully cause the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to revoke the 26 CFR 1.501(c)(3) tax exempt status of the various corporations collectively known as the "Church of Scientology" and that is documented unequivocal evidence of sufficient egregious violations of the above linked subsection of the Code of Federal Regulations presented to the appropriate Administrative Law judge(s) handing I.R.S. related matters. All else is noise for this purpose.

Spamming the entire U.S. government with such noise is only going to cause the message to get lost in the noise.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
    I am *not* a lawyer
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Incredulicide Member

I do so hope at least one, the CCHR, has violated its tax exemption by doing the following in Texas:
    (c)(3)(ii)An organization is an action organization if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation by propaganda or otherwise. For this purpose, an organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if the organization:
    (b) Advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/scientology-group-urged-veto-of-mental-health-bill.129180/

But then I also am not a lawyer, so have no idea how "substantial" a part of their activities that stunt was.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. anon8109 Member

Derek didn't state that this was specifically the purpose of the package.

I think this project is worthwhile because it may lead somewhere, even if it is not clear a priori exactly where. Widely disseminating this package to multiple agencies may spark some action, or at least some media attention.

The package will be useful not just this one time, but may also prove to be useful in the future.

The people who invented the laser had no specific use for it in mind when they invented it, but they knew that it was important and would find many practical uses.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thesneakster Member

Actually, he did:

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

12. ZOMG! You are alive. Welcome back.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. anon8109 Member

Thanks.
    I took that to be only one of the possible uses for the package since it's supposed to be sent to a slough of agencies, not just the IRS.

Testimonies taken individually may not have the same impact as taken collectively. Scientology likes to compartmentalize information so that no one person's testimony alone could implicate the company. But taken together it may be possible to draw new inferences and piece together a pattern of activity that can lead a government agency to take action, whether it involves the IRS or some other branch of enforcement.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dbloch7986 Member

FIFY

If you think that list is the "entire" US Government then you know very little about the US Government.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dbloch7986 Member

You're sweet. Thank you!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dbloch7986 Member

It's not like I'm asking for social security numbers or addresses. An e-mail address is more than enough to serve as "contact info". I'm sure most people have more than one e-mail address (I have several) to filter e-mail. So use an e-mail address that you don't also use to sign into websites. It's just so that whoever reads the letters knows that a real person is on the other end of it.

There are well over 200 critics that peruse the internet using their actual names. I'm just asking for people who aren't afraid to attach their names to a document, to e-mail me so I can consolidate it in one package. As Mr Hobson so eloquently points out, things in the government get lost in the noise. A big package in the mail would catch more attention than 5 or 10 people that actually go through with sending letters to everyone on the list. That's why I offered to do all the legwork with printing, collating, packaging, stamping, and addressing everything. We have tried the "everyone go mail something to so and so" before, and it rarely gets a response. If 200 people can take 20 minutes to write 2 pages for me to send, I will send it to everyone on that list. It will take me several hours to address all of those packages, but it makes it easier for everyone involved.

If you don't know who I am, you can ask almost anyone in the ex community. Some people might call me an opinionated asshole, some might call me a cool dude, but one thing that they all know is that I fucking hate Scientology.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dbloch7986 Member

Despite what Mr. Hobson is implying, you're right it's not the specific purpose of the package. It would just be useful for those people on the list to see. I am just trying to get the attention of those officials on the list, by sending them a huge number of horror stories. Shit if 20 of those people go on the internet to Google "Scientology", it will have been worth it. The problem that we face is just the unwillingness of people in positions of authority to turn their attention to Scientology. Hopefully this package will draw some of their attention. Maybe even get them to talk among each other. Even at the water cooler, "Hey did you get that package, the list said that you were getting a copy?"

I am hoping this will, at the very least, be kind of a conversation starter, you know what I mean? Most of our stories are so interesting that these guys and ladies will hopefully take the stories home to read them. Scientology is a rabbit hole for anyone that's a non-member. People quickly become obsessed because the horrors and the crazy and the WTF and the lulz never end with this cult. If we can catch the attention of at least a few people in the federal, state, and local governments it will be totally worth the effort.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dbloch7986 Member

Exactly my point. Thank you for stating it so succinctly.
  19. dbloch7986 Member

Sorry if it smells like fish. I bought my vagisil and summer's eve yesterday so hopefully that takes care of it.

The only thing I hope to catch is enough stories to send a package to these people that might actually catch their attention. 50 would be..meh. 100 would be good. 150 would be great, and 200 is perfect.

Like I said. Anonymous stories are welcome, it's just that I can't include those in my overall quota of how many stories to gather before I send the package.

And I will give 72 hours notice to anyone who submits anything to me before sending the package out, so everyone will have plenty of time to re-think it if they want to make their story anonymous or recall it altogether.
  20. Indies, go argue elsewhere. Your tek is not wanted here.
    fuckIndies
    This message by fuckIndies has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3

21. I understand
  22. thesneakster Member

Since I never talk Scientology theory or techniques unless specifically asked by registered members, you shouldn't have any problem with me, troll. I see you have no on-point rational response to what I actually wrote, though. I suppose that is too much to expect.

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer.
    thesneakster
    This message by thesneakster has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  23. You seem very "uptone" for someone without a job and living in the street, using library free internets. Get a fucking job, slacker.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. thesneakster Member

Ding, Ding, Ding!! OSA sockpuppet revealed! Thank you for playing. :)

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer.
    thesneakster
    This message by thesneakster has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  25. thesneakster Member

OSA only exists to defend David "Darth Midget" Miscavige, who was throwing Ron Hubbard "under the bus" whenever anyone questioned his vile deeds even when Hubbard was still alive. The fact that this Derek Bloch identity is publicly saying things the critic community approves of and wants to hear does not automatically exonerate him from OSA minion status - it being given that standard OSA tactics include infiltration of enemy groups by exactly such means.

Furthermore, none of the information Derek expounded in this article concerning the "Scientology's Actual Origin Story" (except for the OT III Xenu data, which has been "in the wild" for ages and therefore of no concern to OSA minions who have completed OT III), is in any way "sekret" [sic] as all of the source materials cited were books and/or tape recorded lectures available for decades to anyone who wished to purchase them from Publications Org, even non-members of the Co$.

To be absolutely clear, I have no specific factual information to suggest that Mr. Bloch is - in fact - an OSA minion and I am making no such accusation. I am simply pointing out the extreme foolishness of the above quoted position.

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  26. dbloch7986 Member

This Michael A Hobson account claims to be an independent Scientologist and that he is not a lawyer. He COULD be OSA. I have no information to suggest he is OSA, but it doesn't change the fact that he COULD be OSA. Okay people. He could be OSA, but I'm not saying he is, you know, just that he COULD be. Despite what he says, despite his notoriety, despite all indications to the contrary, he could be OSA. But I have no factual information to suggest that he is OSA.
    • Like Like x 7
  27. RightOn Member

aaaanywaysssss.......
    what may help....
    I always thought that the tax payers need to be made more aware as to where their tax dollars are going
    Most of the general public does not realize that some of their tax dollars help to cover the cult's ass for all their tax exempt properties.
    Wanna make people more aware and piss them off and make them push for a change? I always say "hit 'em in the wallet" and then they will pay attention.

Of course other religions are tax exempt too. But I feel ALL religions should NOT be tax exempt. Most other religions are not as crime ridden as the COS. Why should I have to pay part of my taxes for what others believe in? Social betterment or not, it should be my right not to help something I don't believe in. And of course I don't mean that I don't believe in supporting social betterment duh!
    But I should be able to chose which social betterment I would like to contribute to on my own.
    And besides, Scientology is not a religion and continues to commit crimes which you would think would void their tax exemption status, but nope!

And my 2 cents as far as the Sneakster goes.....
    Perhaps if he took the damn "Independent Scientologist" tag off his posts then maybe people won't be as pissed off when they see his posts and maybe take him more seriously.
    Hard to take someone serious who still believes in MEST, Xenu, auditing, The Bridge to Total Freedom, OT powerz :confused: and helping to continue the mind fuck of a dead, drug ridden, fraud and con man who has ruined lives, killed people, financially drained people, split up families, created the Sea Org, sec checking and the RPF, OSA (well, the OG) , ordered abortions and more. And all this continues today.
    Oh! and lets not forget brain washing people. :mad: :mad::mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course it is his right to leave that obnoxious tag under his name. :rolleyes:
    But hey what do I know?
    /derail.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. finnishandy Member

Hmm. If I understand this thread correct Midget has actually done something decent in his life i.e. trying to throw Hubbard under the buss and then OSA is spying on some Derek's email despite the fact that $cilons do not possess collective IQ enough to do anything intelligent like doing productive work?
  29. thesneakster Member

Mr. Bloch,

Calling me a "Cynical Pessimistic Party Pooper" may win points with some people around here, but it does nothing to advance your argument.

Evidently you also took my hyperbole literally. Perhaps I should have used some smileys to help make that more clear. ;)

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  30. dbloch7986 Member

If I was trying to win points, I'd be pandering to everyone. I asked for something very simple, and straightforward and with no strings attached. If you want to sign your first and last name and place of residence, or if you want to go totally anonymous, idgaf. I just need a substantial number of not-anonymous stories so that when I send the anonymous + not-anonymous stories it can't just be brushed off as either me just writing a bunch of made up stories and attaching them, or it can't be brushed off as a bunch of liars who won't reveal their names because they are lying.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Malory Member

Blah, fucking blah.

Let's cut to the chase Hobson. You're here to contribute fuck all, you just rode in on your white charger to have a go at Derek about anything because of the butthurt he induced by criticising Hubbard. I seem to remember you were given some high-sounding security role by one of the loony indy groups so it's not surprising to see you trying to be an attack doggy as well.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. thesneakster Member

Ah, just what I have come to expect from you, "Malory": a completely non-responsive reply replete with fallacies - in this case, various flavors of Ad Hominem including an appeal to a falsely imputed motives.

Since I am on the way to bed, I will have to post tomorrow in further detail why I think the O.P. is ill-conceived notion at best. In the mean time, why don't you surprise me with a reasoned, on-point response to my comment #8 on this thread ?

Regards,

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer
  33. Malory Member

What's that Sneakster? L Ron Hubbard's trapped down the old mine shaft?

No, you want a serious reply? I think Derek's a young man who's at least trying to do something and I like that. Not my place to start giving him advice since I don't know how the US Government works, but there's plenty of wiser heads around these forums who can work on that with him and the basic idea seems sound.
  34. I think it is fair to say at this stage that there is no magic procedure to follow or document to file that will make the IRS take action. The IRS will only take action if someone makes them do so. That "someone" would probably need to be a senate or house representative from California or Florida (both of which are entities included in Derek's list).

Also, spreading word about Scientology behaviour is generally worthwhile and if the ball does get rolling, a variety of government agencies are likely to be involved. No harm in giving them some info.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. RightOn Member

taxpayers need to be pissed too
    • Like Like x 1
  36. thesneakster Member

OK. Well that is certainly a reasonable response. And I actually agree with you for once - Derek is at least trying to do something [ to end the abuses and ruined lives ] and I like that also. Yet, from what I have observed to date, there have been a great many such efforts over the 29 1/2 years since Ron Hubbard passed away with very little actually accomplished towards that purpose. It is therefore not unreasonable for me to call a new effort into question as to the soundness of its planning.

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer.
  37. anon8109 Member

Constructive criticism on how to improve upon the plan, given your experience and knowledge, will be useful and taken seriously.

Just saying that the plan is bad and not worth pursuing is not helpful.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. thesneakster Member

Straw Man misrepresentation of what I actually wrote.

Michael A. Hobson
    I am *not* a lawyer.
  39. anon8109 Member

You sure do like to quibble and dance around the point.

What you wrote was "Spamming the entire U.S. government with such noise is only going to cause the message to get lost in the noise."

In other words, don't bother trying to get the government's attention unless someone comes forward with very specific evidence of the cult violating a specific tax code.

In other words the plan is bad and not worth pursuing.
  40. Malory Member

I understand it's easy to get cynical about efforts but I'm also a great believer in death by a thousand cuts and if I'm resorting to cliches rgen I'll add no magic bullet exists either. If Derek's prepared to do the heavy lifting on a project like then then it might have some payoff. At the very least a hefty chunk of verifiable testimony from willing contributors sounds like a good idea, a kind of extension the the Big List.

Now I'm just thinking aloud, but imagine a 200 page document, each page having the name and details of someone harmed by the 'church' and little more than a succinct bullet-point list of the worst they saw and suffered. Reach that to someone who wonders why the official 'church' gets criticised and tell them they can just dip into it at random.

Can you picture page after page of bald facts, presented in a simple style? Open it at random, stick a pin in and hit stuff like:

*I haven't seen my daughter in five years.

*I have grandchildren I've never met.

*I lost my business.

*My wife was ordered to divorce me.

Have the obligatory web version with PDFs anyone could use to print out their own copy.
    • Like Like x 4