Customize

Welcome to Cananon forums discussion thread/Bienvenue sur les forums Cananon fil de discussion

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Anonymous, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dragononymous Member

Owh look, WWP is about advertising local cells now
    Great...
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

Have you at least tried to inform yourself about Cananons?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dragononymous Member

I did, I wouldn't say anything about it if I hadn't
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PresidentShaw Member

Fixd and done.
    Fixed
    Problem?

tumblr_ljiq2wREGD1qbnupo.png
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

So why do you suppose it's just "a local cell"?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dragononymous Member

A country = local.

This fits more in the language section of this forum than the initiatives section.
    Owh wait right, there wasn't enough space for more languages... and combined nations... and all that...
    I'll send a email to the MP of Belgium, asking if he could call the("us") ComputerGuerillia. Will that get them a special section too?
    • Like Like x 3
  8. amaX Member

i misread it as Canaanons. which is not what this is at all. good luck, canucks.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PresidentShaw Member

This is a project in and of itself. Now this thread is not for debating. You made it clear you disaprove. Please move on. Kthnx.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pinkman Moderator

You may have heard about bills that are trying to be passed in the Canadian parliament at the moment i.e. the c-11/c-30.

These two bills contain measures involving serious danger to freedom of expression, the presumption of innocence, privacy and innovation.

Cananons are against those bills for obvious reasons, but mostly because those bills (if they pass) can have consequences for all the interwebz.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Anonymous Member

AnonShaw, the ultimate armchair activist.

Remind us, when was the last time you've moved your ass to do anything IRL? Peterstorm and mnql1 are taking risks at solo raids because your Quebec City cell withered away into fail and oblivion.

Go help them rather than feeding your USI. We don't need another "hacktivism" branch with goals too wide and vague to actually do anything meaningful. Congratulations, you've created yet another Occupy/Whatistheplan. You must be proud.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Anonymous Member

True, but this is what the Freedom of Information section is for. There's no need to sub-divide Anon any more than it already is. Nothing good came out of that.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. PresidentShaw Member

1. This is not about me.

2. I did not create Cananon

3. Quebec city is 2 hours away from where I live and I have no car. I do what I can to help, which is sadly mostly online.
    Peterstorm has done a great job by himself IRL and I tip my hat to him. Please keep personal attacks out of this thread. Tyvm
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

If that is indeed the case, my apologies. But the point still stands - we don't need yet another splinter group when we already have the tools we need.

More forums will only subdivide folks into smaller groups that will fade and die easier. Particularily when there are no CLEAR goals. Much like Occupy before it, this project has no specific, real aim and will easily be hijacked and driven into the ground in a matter of a couple of months. Why do we have to do the same shit again?
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Anonymous Member

Meet this post here:

Hope you two get along.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PresidentShaw Member

This is a specific project with specific goals, I invite you to go read the website & about the ops to understand better what it is about.

Apologies if that wasn't made clear in the first place. Cananon does not have the expertise or financial means to get their own forums and manage them yet, and we don't want some forum motion BS, hence there was talk with wwp staff about getting one here that Cananon can link to on their website.

The goal is not to divide, see this as an op.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

bacon, anyone?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Thank you to let us the chance to prove you wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

implying that Whatistheplan and Occupy are good
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. PresidentShaw Member

Implying this has anything to do with either of the above.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Er, the first post was today. Why not give the people a chance to fill out the forum a bit while you meet some new players and learn what the goals are? Along with everyone else, Canada suddenly has a major freedom of info/surveillance crisis on its hands and many activists working constructively to turn back the tide. Support or ignore?
    • Like Like x 5
  25. GuyFox Member

Okay, I've read through it all.

I know it's been asked already, but doesn't FOI already cover this? And if we get Cananon, shouldn't the other nations with similar issues (trust me, there is a LOT of them), get their own versions, too? How will this NOT tear the WWP community into smaller shreds?

The idea is great, but we're going about it a bit weird, IMHO...
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Y'all are champions of ruining things.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. HOC Member

I hope users will be patient while we iron out kinks/find a level ground to keep everyone happy. There was a suggestion here of the possibility of the cananon forums being a sub forum of the FOI section of the board, which imo was reasonable, and can be discussed.
    • Like Like x 6
  28. PresidentShaw Member

Sure, I don't think anyone within cananon would have an issue with that.
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Pinkman Moderator

Even if I don't have all the answers, I appreciate your concerns about this initiative.

FOI's section, can host all the other initiatives (Chanology, Iran, OWS), but it's more efficient to distinct the initiatives.

We've had the same posts each time we introduced a new section/sub-section/initiative...and we always (like every time) moved forward.

Let's just give it some time, it's just the first day.
    • Like Like x 4
  30. HOC Member

Thank you.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. HOC Member

Your point is valid and we are looking into your suggestion. I hope you will bear with us.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. GuyFox Member

Sorry if you see it that way :(

Don't get me wrong, I approve of the cause, and fully support it. I just find it odd that it gets put on its own pedestal like that (a full-fledged initiative on par with AvS and FOI? Really?), while it's clearly a localized part of FOI.

Sure it's very important to us Canuks, but why would it be THAT important to others? It's just.... odd, and a bit unfair to all the nations struggling with ACTA, for instance. How are they worse?

It's wonderful that it gets so much promotion, but wouldn't a global announcement or something of the sort be more appropriate? :)

Meh, whatever.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. PresidentShaw Member

Good point, as said earlier I don't think anyone within cananon has an issue with this forum going into the FOI section.

We just needed a specific forum to organise for this project specifically, we never asked to be put on a pedestal :p

Glad that misunderstandings can be talked out. :)
    • Like Like x 7
  34. peterstorm Member

Oh Hai Anonshaw
    • Like Like x 2
  35. PresidentShaw Member

Oh hai thar
    • Like Like x 2
  36. ItchyScratchy Member

So much hoopla about a subforum on a messageboard.

Good luck with this, what ever it is. I hope you make it lulzy and remember to turn off the lights and shut the door when it's over.

Note: Adding a definitive "end" would make this, what ever it is, exponentially better.

Edit: Also if this is to protest the Polaroid being discontinued, I approve.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Herro Member

I'd like to hear more about these allegations that AnonShaw murdered a prostitute in back in 1990 and got away with it because of his Scientology connections.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

I heard that Herro has already ruined this by not being super serious in the cananon irc channel 24/7.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. PresidentShaw Member

true story
    • Like Like x 1
  40. rof Member

I know nothing aboot this.

Don't ask me, eh.
    • Like Like x 1