Customize

Well Known Critic Arnaldo Lerma Attempted to Murder his Wife and Committed Suicide

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by thesneakster, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. His research will be saved and continued for the world to see. Also his Blog.
  2. Thanks for saying this and very true statement.
  3. Can you copy his blog too ? It's Arnielerma@Wordpress . Thank you for mirroring Lermanet.
  4. Calogero Member

The timeline here is very confusing and makes little sense. You chose Tony Ortega on the basis of a recommendation of a friend. So you called this friend after the shootings HOW to explain this to the world. Did you have any connection to Arnie Lerma away from the scientology connection? What efforts have you done to expose the Hubbard cult in recent years including before and after you met your "husband" who is now deceased?

Do you think Tony Ortega would be kind enough to come here and personally explain his interests in this matter?
  5. Debra Mattes Member

I find it puts down step by step what happened. She did Video's with Karen and five years ago spent a lot of time posting against the Cult. Check out the Big List she has been on there for years under Sugerman.

I Doubt Mr. Ortega has time to do that he does a lot.

How did you or where did you get the news about Arnie passing ? Do you know him personally ?
  6. Calogero Member

Sure, I'll check out the Big List, but what is it and where can it be found? By Karen, did you mean de la Carriere aka Christine Rosair? She's still a practicing Scilon I thought.
  7. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrevAnon Member

Huh? That's a new one to me.

Dox?
  9. Calogero Member

Yes, knew Arnie personally. An Italian connection -- Google Pagliarini. I'll wager Michael Hobson the scientologist who posted this thread doesn't know Lerma personally.
  10. Googling Pagliarini isn't proof of anything. It is just a list of links and you aren't specific about which of those if any apply.

Again DOX or GTFO.
  11. Calogero don't make false claims we're not as dumb as you would like to think we are. This isn't our first rodeo and won't be our last either.

Again , DOX or GTFO
  12. Come on, Tom Padgett!

Trolling Ginger.. thats cute. And you know Tony won't, just like he didn't respond to your letter. Give it up.

Thanks for sharing bait from OSA propaganda. This seems to say a lot about you.

Which you started. No wonder there are only 53 members and a handful of threads by you, with few comments by others since it was created. Maybe the new admin Vicky can get it going.

Why do you always have to troll and pretend. What's wrong with just saying who you are? What's wrong with just saying what you want to say using your real name. It's not like you have to be anonymous anywhere. You're all over the internet in name. You were one of Arnie's closer friends, why the fake itralian connection comment?

Posting lies and creating posts pretending you know or don't know things, using all these with these nics on WWP and at ESMB, and not being able to even do a good job of it, is stupid.

Focus on more good posting about your own website site,OSAOPS. Maybe you can redeem your reputation sometime in the future but for now, you are not helping your friend Arnie, his reputation and and his family one bit by what you've been doing on the internet thesse days.
  13. Calogero : liar , fraud and troll.
  14. thesneakster Member

I'm sorry? I'm not required to have known Mr. Lerma personally in order to post a piece authored entirely by his bereaved and besieged widow at her request.

For the record: no, I've never met Arnaldo Lerma in person and only had a number of adversarial exchanges with him in various public forums (mostly ESMB) over the years. I'm definitely not a fan and have not hidden that from anyone ever. Ginger was explicitly informed of this fact by me. Since *I* have never once made a single factual claim about Mr. Lerma that would require my having known him personally, the fact that I did not is entirely irrelevant.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
    ex-Sea Org Member and Declared SP
    email: warrior_mike2001@yahoo.com
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
  15. Calogero doesn't seem to be rushing back to defend himself . Why would that be I wonder?

Or do we already know that he's a liar ,troll and fraud?
  16. thesneakster Member

Shine a light on a cockroach and they do pretty much the same.
  17. FINALY PADGET HAS BEEN OUTED !!!! I KNEW IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG. ITALIAN CONNECTION MY ARS LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.

18. Pag LIAR ini

Pag LIAR ini.

LIAR.

Irony indeed.
  19. Dear Ginger, Please take note of this is this helps you: I was in the hospital here in Georgia a few years ago and I had no money. When the bills came I phoned them and told them I had no money. They had a special representative there who qualified me to get the bills drastically reduced down to where I could pay about $500 and be done with with. So at that point, I requested they they write the $500 off to charity. So they did write the $500 off to charity. I paid 0. I live here in Georgia near Atlanta. I hope you are well. email. MOD EDIT EMAIL DELETED
  20. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Alvin I hope you come back. We don’t allow emails to be posted. You can register and message Ginger here, except she isn’t registered either.
  21. Thank you very much !!
  22. On Saturday I made the 9000 mile journey to Chicago. I did not want to be a part of Howdycon (as I haven't posted on Tony's blog since 2014) but I did wish to hear Christian Stolte speak.I'm glad I did.

I did not know Arnie IRL, nor any of the others there - yet I did connect with them here and elsewhere on the internet. That said, I was touched by your presence and wish you well.
  23. What a kind thing to say. Happy you made it to HowdyCon the song he wrote was hysterical !!!!
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

The people who died, 2018: Arnie Lerma, ex-Scientologist who became Scientology's fiercest critic

By Monivette Cordeiro, Detroit Metro Times, December 26, 2018

Quote:

Ever heard the story of Xenu, the genocidal alien dictator who, when faced with overpopulation troubles 75 million years ago, brought billions of his subjects to Earth to execute with a lethal combination of volcanoes and hydrogen bombs? Their disembodied spirits to cling to humans and their removal can only be achieved through the teachings of the Church of Scientology? If so, you can thank Arnie Lerma.

Arnaldo Pagliarini Lerma was born in Washington, D.C., in 1950, to a mother who was an executive secretary to the Sudanese ambassador and a father who was a Mexican agriculture official — and who divorced months after his birth, according to Lerma's autobiography. His mother was a Scientology official in the D.C. church around 1968, about three decades after American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard published the first texts that would form the basis of his new religion, Scientology. By the time Lerma joined Scientology at 16 at the urging of his mother, the church had been banned in several Australian states and stripped of its tax-exempt status by the IRS, which deemed it a commercial operation for Hubbard's benefit — though a U.S. appeals court later recognized it as a religion in 1969.

Lerma signed a "billion-year contract" to serve in Scientology's elite Sea Org, a paramilitary force that some have described as a totalitarian organization, according to The Washington Post. But his status among fellow Scientologists changed when Lerma and Hubbard's daughter, Suzette, fell in love (a claim that has been strongly disputed by the church). Lerma's entanglement with Scientology ended after other Sea Org members allegedly threatened to mutilate him if he didn't cancel his elopement with Suzette Hubbard.

Exiled from the religion that had been his home for years, Lerma became one of Scientology's fiercest critics. By 1994, he was posting public court documents involving the church online in the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup that "included testimony from former church officials who describe Scientology as a dangerous cult that brainwashes and blackmails its member and harasses defectors and critics," which earned him intimidating visits from men in dark suits at his Arlington home, according to the Post. In 1995, Lerma was the first to post the "Fishman Affidavit" — documents submitted by ex-Scientologist Steven Fishman that included criticisms of the church as well as the doctrine of Xenu, which Scientology officials argued was copyrighted and a trade secret.

The church accused Lerma of copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation, leading to a raid of his home by federal marshals, Scientology attorneys, and data technicians. The church's Religious Technology Center sued Lerma, his internet service provider, and Post reporters for quoting the affidavit. A federal judge found the reporters had not violated copyright for quoting a publicly available court document, but Lerma was held liable for a small number of non-willful copyright violations and ordered to pay a $2,500 penalty. The court, though, stated it was convinced "that the primary motivation of RTC in suing Lerma, DGS, and The Post is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general and to harass its critics," according to the 1995 ruling.

Lerma continued his crusade against Scientology on his website, Lermanet, which became a resource for other critics, and he gave interviews on the subject in print news stories, television, and radio.

On March 16, Lerma, 67, shot his wife, Ginger Sugerman, in the face with a handgun at their Georgia home before killing himself, according to the local newspaper, The Sylvania Telephone. Sugerman, 58, survived and told Tony Ortega — the former Village Voice editor who runs the Underground Bunker, a site that keeps a sharp eye on the world of Scientology — that her husband was taking oxycodone in his last months to deal with back pain and that his paranoia had increased. Ortega last reported that Sugerman, also a former Scientologist, was raising funds for her continuing surgeries and for efforts to honor Lerma's work, despite his last atrocity.

Source, with open comments: https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/arnie-lerma/Content?oid=18892294
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.