Customize

Westboro Baptist Church Wishes To Show Up In Glasgow

Discussion in 'Active Projects' started by Banshee, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Banshee Member

I find it disgusting that these old rednecks wish to picket the memorials of those that have died in the helicopter crash in Glasgow. For such a tragic incident, I find it repulsive that they wish to protest and claim that the reason this terrible accident happened was because gay marriage was legalised in scotland!
    Ridiculous! Should they decide to show their ugly faces I believe anonymous should take action.
    Anyone else agreed?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

What old rednecks are you referring to? Could you provide a link?
  3. Anonymous Member

Making a statement such as yours gains credence with supporting evidence.
  4. Banshee Member

5. Anonymous Member

They won't show.
  6. Banshee Member

Unfortunately I am not tech savvy enough to link you to individual posts however, their twitter page is filled with vile claims. I shall attempt to find other links
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

What people have done in the past is to show up with white fabric suspended on pvc poles to block sight of the WBC from the mourners. There are never more than a few of them. You can use bedsheets.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

And if they do show they'll be shunted out of the way so fast they won't realise it, no one in Glasgow will tolerate that shit at this time.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Banshee Member

11. Banshee Member

Hm, well I agree, no one in Glasgow will tolerate it. I don't believe everything I read or hear however, it seems they have put a lot of effort into this belief of theirs that "gays caused the crash" and I find it sick that anyone would picket a memorial service
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

what the fuck is a lot of effort ? three tweets? go fuck yourself
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

you are speculating with this shit now fuck off
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

and take your shit with you
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Banshee Member

Posting what shit exactly?
  17. Banshee Member

I shall happily, however had you properly viewed their twitter, you would see it is bombarded with homophobic tweets and statements about picketing the memorial services of those who died because of the crash
  18. Banshee Member

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the westboro manger...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

CindyJean, dat u?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Banshee Member

Cindy who?
  21. The Internet Member

The WBC can't upset you if you don't give a fuck.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Banshee Member

Isn't the point of wwp to show there are people that give a fuck?
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

What if you do give a fuck, at least for the recently bereaved?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Banshee Member

I agree
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

Why the fuck is this shit in the Canada/Active Projects Forum?
  26. The Internet Member

Then you should fight back by not giving a fuck.

See, the WBC thrives on attention. When people rage at them, they eat that up. It proves they're a big deal instead of the trailer trash they actually are.

If you really want to make the WBC miserable, totally ignore them. Sure, put up some barriers if they are allowed to protest where some outdoor ceremony is taking place. But don't make a big deal out of them.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Anonymous Member

because the poster is an idiot
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Banshee Member

or a newbie...
  30. Anonymous Member

Lurk moar is a commonly used expression here, it suggests you read more before posting.
    Scrolling down to the bottom of the page is also helpful for you as there are even more links of interest.
  31. Malory Member

No need to worry, they're not allowed to enter the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7898972.stm
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

My own take is that the WBC is a well-known entity. Everyone hates them: Lefties, Righties, Atheists, Fundie Christians, lapsed Catholics, Hasidic Jews, Black Muslims...I think even Klansmen watch these bozos and think "you know, that's just not right....". There's no need to warn the public about them, because the public is pretty well educated at this point. Whereas the true nature of Scientology, a far more insidious and dangerous organization, isn't all that obvious.

WBC will die with Fred Phelps. Scientology, on the other hand, did not die with L. Ron Hubbard, so it is an entity worth protesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

The helicopter that crashed into the bar was being used by Police Scotland, and in now way will they tolerate any protests anywhere near the scene or at church services either.
    They will be watchful of anyone who looks in the least suspicious and will deal with them accordingly.

Give them credit ffs they are not idiots.
  34. Anonymous Member

Did you know the WBC anonymously posts manifestos against itself for publicity? This is why you are getting shat upon here.
  35. Anonymous Member

fuck the hell off
  36. Random guy Member

And even if they did, they would soon discover that there's a few laws again public disruption whose lack of US counterparts the WBC are exploiting as their modus operandi. They have threatened to cross the pond before, but have never had the guts to actually show up.
  37. Anonymous Member

This is one occasion if they do cross the pond they will not be tolerated , the Police will not allow their own to be the subject of any disruption on this occasion.