Customize

What can I do to help Iran from the US?

Discussion in 'Protest Advice' started by Chocacox, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Chocacox Member

I live in the US. I am interested in helping Iran, but I don't know where to start.
  2. Anonymous Member

I have an idea comrades!
    there will be a mass demonstration on June 12th in Tehran, at 6-8 pm (local time) if we can somehow block the streets before that time, regime's forces cannot occupy the city as they do before any demonstration. My knowledge about hacking & stuff like that is about zero, but I just wonder if you can hack the website of Tehran's traffic control organization or not. if it is doable at that day, it will have not only a virtual & symbolic effect but also likely helps people to gather & shout ther own voice

tnx
  3. Anonymous Member

I know the (semi-)helpless feeling bud. Here's what I do.
    I read as much about the issues as I have time for. Poster Iraniam (member on this forum) is great about posting lots of media links.
    Pass along information and stories to my circle of contacts/friends/family. When stories are in MSM, reinforce them in conversation with others.
    I choose stories according to their areas of interest. For example I send commentary and stories about abuse of Iranian women to various Canadian women's groups.
    Write letters of support/encouragement/criticism to appropriate politicians (those in positions of influence) regarding Canada/Iran foreign policy. Be judicious in your wording and how often you do this. It can be fairly easy to get the rep as a constituent obsessed.
    Don't let the sad stories die. Remember the dead and abused people. Remember their names. Don't refer to them as eg 'some guy'; use their real names whenever you discuss them.

Also make sure you have fun in life too. Activism can be soul-sucking. Don't let the bad guys win by allowing them to also take away your quality of life.

Hope the above helps. Good luck.
  4. Anonymous Member

Refuse to pay for war.

Oh shit, wait, that means... never mind.