Customize

What Can We Do as Americans??

Discussion in 'Iran' started by senorswanky, Jun 27, 2009.

1. senorswanky Member

The feeling of helplessness and hopelessness is overwhelming. I am writing my representatives, The prez of Iran the supreme leader, the ambassador of every Iranian Embassy I can find and that's all I can think of, short of flying to Iran for a covert mission to eliminate the government. If anyone has any ideas, please post them, I'm sure that many Americans would do whatever they can to help. I sincerely hope there are no more killings or beatings, but I know there will be, sadly. Hold fast if you can Iran.
  2. Ray Murphy Member

You sound like you're already overworked, but if you have any spare time you might be interested in compiling pages of links that show the overall situation in Iran These links could be put on a Google and Yahoo groups and on multiple web sites, so it wouldn't matter if they were being hacked and closed down.

Many people don't even know how to read Twitter messages or this group yet, and there are probably hundreds of other places of interest that could all be publicised.

[Here is a link for Twitter messages]
    Iran - Twitter Search
  3. Thanks

I will definitely do that. Thanks for the input, I'll get started as soon as I get home from work.
  4. Ray Murphy Member

5. As an american, you can work to ensure that your government won't be doing anything about this, and ensure that obama won't be making any more statements, he is only adding fuel to conflict. Afghanistan and Iraq are proof enough that nobody can impose freedom on anybody. (that is assuming the premise of these wars was freedom, which is obviously inaccurate) Iranians need to do this for themselves.
  6. senorswanky Member

Thanks Unregistered

When I write to my reps I will ask for "hands off", provided that is the majority feeling of the replys I get. It is just so infuriating to watch Iranians who seem so much like me, getting beaten, shot and killed for only protesting. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around getting killed for that. Empathetically, I caouldn't imagine the local police department shooting me for holding a sign suppporting a candidate. This whole thing is so surreal and obscene. Thanks for the reply and good luck, hold fast.
  7. Newbunkle Member

I can just see Armadillojad marching down the street singing "Blame Canada! Blame Canada! It seems like everything's gone wrong since Canada came along!"
  8. Dangerous-Boy Member

learn farsi, read up on the islamic conquest of iran, join the NSA, CIA or military intelligence, or write to your local representive.