Customize

What Can You Do To Help Anonymous? (2.2 & 3.0)

Discussion in 'Fliers & Pamphlets' started by H-20-66, May 5, 2008.

1. H-20-66 Member

What Can You Do To Help Anonymous? (2.2 & 3.0)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Versions 2.2 and 3.0 are here!

It's entirely possible that a large part of society may want to fight the cult with us; but may not know what they can do or may be afraid of Fair Game et.al. Also, it seems to me that the more people we have adding voicing the same opinion as us will get the cause more attention. Opinions?

Thus I propose that we start handing out a flyer listing things ordinary people can do to without necessarily joining the legion. So far all I have is the postcard to Gold Base campaign, writing Senators/Representatives/etc. and vigilance against the front groups.

We should be able to think of moar activities than that, so let's start suggesting things. My estimation is that we should have no fewer than four or five. Not sure if we should include joining the legion for protests.

We could even make it double-sided, with one of the shooped Uncle Fawkes 'I Want You' pics on one side, and the list on the other.
  2. Mr. Thetan Member

Re: What Can You Do To Help Anonymous? (Handout request)

You missed the most important one of all.

Telling other people.

Put in some basic info like snow white, fair game etc and links to what everyone knows is reliable stuff, (TIME magazine etc, wikipedia) for more info.
    Then tell them to look it up, or just give people the gist of it youself if you meet them.
    Now that they have the knowledge, ask them to spread it. Tell friends, co-workers family etc. Won't take much effort but it'll really help.
  3. H-20-66 Member

I must really be dense today. So simple. Thanks, Mr. Thetan.

Anyway, I can have a first draft up by Tuesday night; but it probably won't get refined in time for the raids this weekend.
  4. H-20-66 Member

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

First draft. Watch out, it's 534KB.

A lot of it is tl;dr so if anyone can edit some of this down, please do so.

EDIT: FIRST DRAFT, people. Let me know what can be changed, please. I think it could be better but finals have fried my brain and I need a little halp.

INANE REPETITION: DOUBLE SIDED
  5. anon617 Member

Re: What Can You Do To Help Anonymous? (Version 2.1)

This is a great idea! I have a few suggestions (Take 'em or Leave 'em):

I think the title would be stronger if it just said "What Can I Do?" If someone is interested enough to take one of these chances are they already know the cult is strong (or we've told them). Then the title can be biggar.

Second sentence would read better if "chilling of free speech" was "chilling effect on free speech".

To me Google-Search looks funny hyphenated and is unclear. What about: "Google Search underlined terms for more information."

Why is only Operation Under the Wall underlined and the other ways that people can help not?

You might consider centering the "For More Information" and links part.

No link to Enturbulation?
  6. Anon-101 Member

Actually I prefer it when we don't link to Enturb: we seem so much more impressive when the planning is out of sight. I went to Party Hard totally in the dark about this place, just getting my info from places like LondonLulz and various messageboards. If someone is interested in getting involved, it's not hard to find this place, but to a person just following up on a leaflet I'm worried it'll make us seem less organised (esp. with all the post-Reconnect BAAAAWWWing)
  7. H-20-66 Member

anon617: Thank you for your suggestions-you've got some good stuff there!

I didn't put a link to Enturb as the tone of the flyer is aimed at people who support the cause but don't necessarily want to become Anonymous.

Operation Over The Wall was underlined for Googling because I really pared down the information on it. I left out most of the names and some other observations made in the threads dedicated to the op. It might even be a good idea to make a flyer just for it since there's so much more that could be added.

Otherwise, your suggestion for the title and second sentence are going in as soon as I can work it. I also just thought of changing the format slightly, and designing a folded pamphlet. I think I could get a little more room for info in doing so. Versions 2.2 and 3.0 should be coming soon.
  8. H-20-66 Member

2.2 and 3.0 are typed, need converted to PDF. I'm releasing both in a .zip with a ReadMe, as well.
  9. anon617 Member

Looking forward to the new version!
  10. H-20-66 Member

Update: 2.2 and 3.0 posted.
  11. H-20-66 Member

Re: What Can You Do To Help Anonymous? (2.2 & 3.0)

Did anyone use these on the 10th, and how were they received by the public? Any changes I can make?
  12. travolta Member

Hi there. Is there any chance I can have the original .PSDs (or .INDDs) so that I can adjust it to be suitable for my country?
  13. H-20-66 Member

Travolta: My original is in Microsoft Word format. Can you work with it that way?

Alternatively, I can suggest highlighting, copying and pasting the contents into a new Word file and editing from there as I've done so once already.

As soon as I make sure my name is off the file description, I can let you have the sauce.
  14. travolta Member

I did the whole copy and paste job into InDesign and adjusted it from there.
    This is the outcome:
    What can I do copy V1.12.pdf
    (.PDF format ~400KBs.)

Thank you kindly.
  15. H-20-66 Member

Looks real good!
  16. H-20-66 Member

Bump, with a purpose; did anyone use these on the 14th and how well did they go over? What was the public opinion on them?
  17. googoomuck Member

OP and post #14 have been copied to the Fliers megasticky thread.
  18. travolta Member

19. how do members of anonymous know what and when to hack the same site as i am a hacker and want to help
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. hushpuppy Member

^^^^What anon said. No hacking activity here.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Hacking =/= helping Anonymous. Now run along to your playpen.
  23. i love anonymas and i want to join in the anonymas. what can i do .please ,help me
  24. Anonymous Member

There is nothing to join. Anonymous is an idea. You like the idea? If yes, then be Anonymous.
  25. hushpuppy Member

Mohammed Prime, it's great if you want to be useful here.

Best way to get to know WWP is to lurk (read forums, but not post, until you think you're ready to contribute in a useful way).

The exception to the lurk advice is the New Member Area, where you can introduce yourself and ask questions as well from the get-go: https://whyweprotest.net/community/forums/new-members-area-start-here.254/