Customize

What is the criteria for "New Thread" under "What's New?"

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Interrobanger, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Interrobanger Member

What is the criteria for a thread to be listed as a "New Thread" under "What's New?" How can there be 10 pages of "new threads." Why are they organized chronologically by most recent post instead of chronologically by thread origination? Should I have just added this post to the baawwww thread?
  2. Anonymous Member

I dunno. What's new with you?
  3. Loki's spawn Member

Well, it shows the most active threads, as well as the newer threads.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

The last post of a thread.
    Cf. supra.
    Cf. supra.
    Yes.
  5. Interrobanger Member

So "New Threads" are not really new threads. They are threads (often old) with new posts, yes? There is no quick link to a chronological list of new OPs, correct?

"New Threads" and "Recent Threads" are just similar listings of recently commented threads where the former excludes threads with no new posts since I last read them and the latter includes all threads with recent new posts regardless of whether I've read them since the last posting.
  6. Zak McKracken Member

Suggest you send in a patch to xenforo.com with improved localization strings?
  7. Anonymous Member

Smoke a joint, drink some beers, contemplate your navel, the answer will come, you will recognise it as something along the lines of 'Why does this matter to me? Does this matter to me? Is that a piece of a Pringle there?

oi.
  8. Interrobanger Member

The people licensing copyrighted software can code their own patches.
    My approach of getting direct answers to direct questions has been working for me. I hope your approach of getting high and navel-gazing works for you. Thanks for your input.