Customize

"What is Wrong with Scientology" - The Book

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

I thought I'd start a new thread so we can keep our erudite and witty commentaries/reviews in one spot. Also, we definitely don't want anyone shooping his cover or violating Rathbun's hardly earned copyrights by linking to DMCA-allowed 'portions' of the book.

We really really really realls want to give Rathbun all the cash moneys that he much deserves for this sure-to-be best seller tome so we would always follow the rules.

One only has to gaze in wonderment at the gloriously designed front cover to absorb such literary genius. No amount of shooping would make this cover better than it currently stands. For fucks sake, it IS the REMEDY TO BLACK DIANETICS after all.

I'm getting ready to pre-order what will prove to be a best seller. Jefferson Hawkins has nothing on this guy.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/remedy-of-black-dianetics-coming-soon/

frontcoverfinal2.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

What's the ISBN?
  3. Anonymous Member

90009000 9

It's not out yet but my oatees tell me that he ISBN will be this number.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Strange. We knew the ISBN of A Queer and Pleasant Danger 6 months before it came out.
  5. Anonymous Member

Don't you mean 08800808 8 ?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

Lulzy.

The comments section is like a roomful of excited people with not enough oxygen.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Kibbles n BTs Member

"What is wrong with Scientology?"

L. RON HUBBARD is what is wrong. Cult leader.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Anonymous > Marty > DM

(anonymous is greater than Marty is greater than Miscavige)
  9. Kibbles n BTs Member

10. RightOn Member

a one page book? lol

Just curious , how does Marty get permission to have the Buster's mugs on his front cover?
    lol suit? or no?
    at any rate that cover is a lulz-a-paloozeer!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. another123 Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

oh please oh please oh please let squirrel busters sue Marty for improper use of images / jpgs.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

The point of permission is a good. IANAL, but it makes one really wonder whether the whole poor-Martyr thing is really just the latest and greatest OSA op. Then again, it's be a major-fail op.

Par for the course, I guess.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Well, "Scientology", "Hubbard", "RTC", etc. are all trade/service marks, so he can will get sued over the use of those, alone.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. RightOn Member

Well if Marty finally has his day in court, that would be very interesting to say the least. A lot of stuff will come out from both sides.
    He never got to court concerning Debbie Cook. Is this his way of getting there? Or does he really want to risk getting on the stand with all the abuses and who knows what else that the COS will come out with?
    brb popcorn
    fuck popcorn.... upgrading to pistachios as usual
  16. Incredulicide Member

I think it's nice that he included a piece of blue sky on the cover.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Well... assuming that Marty's raison d'etre is not an OSA op, maybe Miscavige won't sue in this case, as apparently from the Cook case, the last thing he wants is Ratburn on the witness stand talking shit about him.
    Would be fun to watch, tho, agreed :)
  18. another123 Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. CarterUSP Member

I have a strange desire to read it.
    I'm hoping for a moonbat lulzathon.
    But it'll probably just give evidence to the claim that mahty Oatees can use their powahs to transform ass farts into printed words.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jensting Member

ah ah ah! Check with your nutritionist! If you're snacking on pistachios until Marty does something useful, you might have to be veery careful about the dosage
    • Like Like x 1
  21. jensting Member

I can't add anything to the statement made by that cover. I had to look - I really thought you were pulling my leg. Now I'm stunned......

Best Regards

Jens
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RightOn Member

nope, just "squirrelin' them away for a rainy day.
    And I hope it pours! lol
  23. Anonymous Member

anyone see this?

The following is an excerpt from chapter eight of What is Wrong With Scientology:

‘Reason,’ as L. Ron Hubbard first defined ‘ethics,’ has become the prohibition of reasoning. Self-determinism, the restoration of which is the goal of all Scientology processes, has been replaced by the enforcement of group-determinism. In short, a culture whose members once reveled in the restoration of their liberty to think freely is now forced to think “our way or the highway,” “the ends justify the means,” and “by any means necessary.”

In precisely this manner, ethics in Scientology has been replaced by enforcement of Scientology Inc. morals. The morals in play are the policies and mores of Scientology Inc. Those morals have evolved over the past three decades, increasingly influenced and dictated by the arbitrary decisions of one, single, rather ruthless individual. That one person is Scientology Inc. Chairman of the Board, David Miscavige. Here are some of the most commonly observed, tacitly-enforced tenets of Miscavige’s new moral code within Scientology Inc.:

• A critic of Miscavige or Scientology Inc. must be depowered and destroyed by any means necessary. Image is everything when it comes to Miscavige and the corporations.

• Truth, if its disclosure might cause the slightest public relations harm to Scientology Inc. or to Miscavige, must be suppressed by any means necessary. Image is the only thing.

• Money into Scientology Inc. coffers is the most important product of Scientology Inc. The provenance of said funds is immaterial, and to question the means by which they were obtained is a punishable offense.

• It is acceptable and encouraged to use fraud, deceit, lies and threats against Scientologists to obtain ever-increasing sums of money for Scientology Inc.

• If anyone is dissatisfied with service received at any Scientology Inc. outlet, a staff member’s first duty is to make the dissatisfied member believe the dissatisfaction was caused by the member himself. Scientology processes and technologies – including, but not limited to, auditing, security checking and ethics – are to be used cleverly to create this result in the minds of those expressing dissatisfaction.

• One overlooks all faults and corruption of higher-ups in Scientology Inc. Severity of repercussions for reporting or protesting corruption are directly proportional to the height on the organization chart of the corruption.

• One’s level of ethics can be gauged by the magnitude of crime one will commit in order to protect the crimes of Miscavige and Scientology Inc. from disclosure.

• One may not read or listen to anything about Scientology – and least of all about David Miscavige – that is not officially published or broadcast by the church. Punishment is so severe for having done so that corporate Scientologists have resorted to extraordinary measures to avoid such, including staying away from the Internet entirely, and being careful not to watch or listen to the news.

• It is ethical behavior to snitch on your spouse, children, parents, co-workers and friends. It is unethical behavior not to immediately snitch on them when they are seen to violate the morals listed here.

• One must stay attuned to the list of personal, sexual, and group activities that are currently considered unacceptable or sinful. These vary with Miscavige’s regressing predilections. Ignorance of this ever-shifting wind is not a defense for any transgression.

At first blush, one might believe there are exaggerations in the examples given. In fact, these are derived from hundreds of reports of former Scientology Inc. staff and members. These were listed as the most commonly reported. If one were to objectively observe his own experience, and investigate the experiences of his peers, he would find that these are, in reality, Miscavige’s first Ten Commandments. They are ruthlessly enforced at all levels of corporate Scientology.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. RightOn Member

I am really kind of surprised that Marty picked that title and pic for the front cover.
    It shows that Scientology is just totally moonbatty just by the cover IMO.
    I don't think anyone who reads the book will care about the Indies or want to join the Indies.
    The cover and the contents are just giving Scientology a worse name all around. Perhaps the title will sell more copies, which may be the reason he chose it? But it doesn't paint Scientology as anything that anyone would want to get mixed up with AT ALL.
    The general public will not seperate Indies from corporate Scientology IMO.
    So.... thank you Marty?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

The following is an excerpt from chapter eight of What is Wrong With Scientology:

• A critic of Miscavige or Scientology Inc. must be depowered and destroyed by any means necessary. Image is everything when it comes to Miscavige and the corporations.

• L Ron Hubbard scripture dictates that anyone opposed to Scientology may be "tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed".

• Truth, if its disclosure might cause the slightest public relations harm to Scientology Inc. or to Miscavige, must be suppressed by any means necessary. Image is the only thing.

• L Ron Hubbard scripture says "Show me any person who is critical of us and I’ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate’s hair on end."

• Money into Scientology Inc. coffers is the most important product of Scientology Inc. The provenance of said funds is immaterial, and to question the means by which they were obtained is a punishable offense.

• L Ron Hubbard scripture says "MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

• It is acceptable and encouraged to use fraud, deceit, lies and threats against Scientologists to obtain ever-increasing sums of money for Scientology Inc.

• L Ron Hubbard used fraud and deceit when he said he used Dianetics to cure war injuries. L Ron Hubbard's scripture threatens every Scientologist with their eternity if they don't part with the required cash.

• If anyone is dissatisfied with service received at any Scientology Inc. outlet, a staff member’s first duty is to make the dissatisfied member believe the dissatisfaction was caused by the member himself. Scientology processes and technologies – including, but not limited to, auditing, security checking and ethics – are to be used cleverly to create this result in the minds of those expressing dissatisfaction.

• L Ron Hubbard scripture says that if the tech didn't work and the recipient is dissatisfied with it, it is because the recipient has failed to disclose overts and/or is PTS.

• One overlooks all faults and corruption of higher-ups in Scientology Inc. Severity of repercussions for reporting or protesting corruption are directly proportional to the height on the organization chart of the corruption.

• L Ron Hubbard's own example is the template for how to deal with people who report and/or protest corruption. Just ask Gerry Armstrong.

• One’s level of ethics can be gauged by the magnitude of crime one will commit in order to protect the crimes of Miscavige and Scientology Inc. from disclosure.

• Here's an example of L Ron Hubbard's "level of ethics" and the magnitude of crime he was prepared to commit in order to protect his criminal conspiracy. In that tape he is discussing the first foray into Florida and the early stages of a caper which resulted in any number of crimes . . . ongoing even today.

• One may not read or listen to anything about Scientology – and least of all about David Miscavige – that is not officially published or broadcast by the church. Punishment is so severe for having done so that corporate Scientologists have resorted to extraordinary measures to avoid such, including staying away from the Internet entirely, and being careful not to watch or listen to the news.

• L Ron Hubbard Scripture makes it plain why Scientologists cannot listen to or research entheta: "Show me any person who is critical of us and I’ll show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrate’s hair on end."

• It is ethical behavior to snitch on your spouse, children, parents, co-workers and friends. It is unethical behavior not to immediately snitch on them when they are seen to violate the morals listed here.

• L Ron Hubbard Scripture teaches that it is not possible to get the tech in without ethics. Thus, it is a requirement for children to write KRs on their parents, Scientologists on other Scientologists, and for Auditors to use information obtained during "session" for follow-up by Ethics personnel.

• One must stay attuned to the list of personal, sexual, and group activities that are currently considered unacceptable or sinful. These vary with Miscavige’s regressing predilections. Ignorance of this ever-shifting wind is not a defense for any transgression.

• L Ron Hubbard began culling PC folder information looking for such material as early as the 1960s. Earlier, L Ron Hubbard had defined what constituted "unacceptable or sinful" activities and, as per Scripture, these people are to be disposed of quietly and without sorrow.

At first blush, one might believe there are exaggerations in the examples given. In fact, these are derived from hundreds of reports of former Scientology Inc. staff and members. These were listed as the most commonly reported. If one were to objectively observe his own experience, and investigate the experiences of his peers, he would find that these are, in reality, Miscavige’s first Ten Commandments. They are ruthlessly enforced at all levels of corporate Scientology . . .

• . . . as per KSW Standard L Ron Hubbard Scientology Scripture.

In short, David Miscavige is a better Scientologist that anyone.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

LOL @ the book text being treated as a normal forum post and getting the reply it deserves.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. "What is wrong with Scientology?"

.............."A Cry for Help"................

by Mark "Marty" Rathbun

(Deluded Clam of Standard LRH Tech)
  28. Anonymous Member

That's probably because Auntie Kate had an actual publisher, not a vanity one.

What is so telling about the crudely designed cover is just how deluded Rathbun has become - he actually thinks that this looks good and will actually sell.

A 5 year old with MS Paint can do a better job than this middle aged clown using PowerPoint.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. [IMG][/quote]

Once one understands why these clowns strapped cameras to their fricken heads;
    One shall be healed.........

30. Anonymous Member

The whole sexual thing is a large part of Dianetics. This was noted in the South African Government's investigation into the cult back in 1972:

Further on:

The whole "undue emphasis on the sordid aspects of sex" is most likely a reflection of L Ron Hubbard's own fascination with that aspect of human behaviour. The fact that DM is now reflecting that only goes to emphasise that the more a person gets into Scientology the more they enter L Ron Hubbard's valence.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. Random guy Member

This book sounds like a moonbat-fest. I wonder if it is entertaining.
  32. RightOn Member

the excerpts are not very entertaining, but exploitable? yes
  33. DeathHamster Member

Commercial use of that photograph without a release agreement?

I mean, it's a great shot, but the possible legal butthurt makes goatse look timid.
  34. Anonymous Member

There's still no ISBN.

http://astore.amazon.com/martyrathbun-20/detail/1477453466

Looks like we can all own this fuckstick's book for only $17.76. Gotta love the price choice as a reference to freedom. Rathbun is such a moron. Somehow I doubt he even knows simple economics let alone cost accounting.
  35. Anonymous Member

^I take that back (no ability to edit). The ISBN is:

• ISBN-10: 1477453466
    • ISBN-13: 978-1477453469
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Django Member

On the contrary. I think that the only people who will pay actual money for it are Marty's indy fan club. Corporate Scilons will be forbidden to read it at all, Anons who have any interest will find a way to get it for free, and the General Public won't give a rodent's posterior.

I predict less-than-stellar sales...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Oh Zinjifar I want to make dark sick depraved love to you.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

Released just in time for the M&M Show July 4 Circus . . . bring your wallets, suckers.
  40. Xenu Is Lord Member

Great news, I am out of Dienetics for asswipe.
    • Like Like x 2