Customize

"What is Wrong with Scientology" - The Book

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RightOn Member

I was talking about the general public
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jensting Member

Didn't they show up on his doorstep (and wouldn't that make it inside his property)? In any case, LOL would indeed be the end result of anyone bringing a suit for that reason, surely.

Best Regards

Jens
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RightOn Member

yes, but doesn't selling something to the public and making a profit *cough giggle* come into play here and does that make a difference?
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. 'General' Public was always 'Commodore' L. Ron Hubbard's biggest enemy, damn Wog was an SP.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. anon walker Moderator

If one were to write a book about What is Right With Scientology it would only be one page long, and most of that page would be blank.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

"What is Right With Scientology"

by B. T. Engram

Page 1.

L. Ron Hubbard is dead.

The End
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Amazon link? I would like to buy this.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

fify.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Herro Member

The only thing wrong with Scientology is non-standard tech.
    Herro
    This message by Herro has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

And because the tech is so inconsistent and contradictory it could not fairly be characterized as standard, that's about it in a nutshell. Thanks Herro.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. RightOn Member

yeah never mind about all that talk about the abuses they are guilty of and finacnially draining people and lying to them
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Herro Member

Those are all nothing but lies from disgruntled apostates.
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Well, the fully-gruntled non-apostates have no OT powerz, so there :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Print-on-demand leads to higher unit costs.
  16. Anonymous Member

Boring content leads to lower profits.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

This is true.

Having not read Teh Marty's book, I don't know that it is boring. If it goes into detail about the dodgy stuff he did while inside Scientology, and about the whole Squirrel-busters fiasco, it could be quite interesting. I don't really want to give him my money though.

Right now he's outselling Janet Reitman, and "Dianetics" itself, on Amazon. This probably won't last.
  18. Anonymous Member

The cult are buying it all up in the hopes that the uninformed will not read it. Old Bridge Pubs tactic, usually used in reverse.
  19. Anonymous Member

I hope they are doing that! (Although I fear they're not).

As it's print-on-demand, there's no 'print run' to go out-of-stock.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. another123 Member

Seems one of Marty's sheep is unhappy that the Cruise/Holmes fiasco is stealing his thunder @ VV. So they hijacked the comments with a friggn' giant review.
    A book so good, gotta' ride on someone else's coat tails to get attention, huh?
    Code:
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_sun_21.php#
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. TrevAnon Member

I'm sorry for the kittehs... :(
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

24. How are the sales of Marty's 1st book? I hear it's a "must read" for Indies. I know you don't have to buy it, but that would be like guzzling Drano. It's entirely your choice in the all new reformed indie Scientology.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. This is a great question. Does anyone know how we can monitor the number of sales on a self-published book like this one? I tried to read it, and it is terrible. Rathbun should take a few writing classes before he starts to put together this crap. He needs a lesson on not using passive voice.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

I've just started trying to read it. LRN2footnote, Marty.

Also, he continues to pretend that people being convinced they've had past lives constitutes a scientific "discovery" about the existence of Thetans.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. DeathHamster Member

And get a hard-case editor who's not afraid to hurt Marty's feelings.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. sales sux, plus it is available here as well: http://www.mediafire.com/?54x95xi6gmw1vu9
  29. Anonymous Member

Holy Moonbattology! How about just the bit that matters:

It is the detail (the "time, place, form, and event") of the 4th dynamic engram - as described by Hubbard - called Incident 2 of OT 3 of 75 million years ago.

"Engrams" according to Scientology, are recorded on "time tracks," and they are extremely "literal." They are exact and must be "perfectly duplicated" so as to be "as ised." In the case of Incident 2 of OT 3, the material (the super engram) was so vicious that only a jumbo-sized thetan, with a humongous theta endowment, was able to confront the "time, place, form, and event" of this super-engram and survive, to not only talk about it, but to map the way for others through it, thus removing the final barrier to full Operating Thetan and godlike powers for all Scientologists, and for the "Wogs" once they become Scientologists.

The material of the book 'History of Man' is not part of OT 3, but the approach to "handling" any "invalidators " can be traced back to H.O.M.:

From the 'History of Man' ["This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last 60 trillion years"] by L. Ron Hubbard, early 1952, originally titled 'What to Audit':

"Tell people who want to invalidate all this, 'Your criticism is very just. It's only fantasy.'"

The "It's only an allegory"-angle is a similar PR "handling" - to be used on those at lower awareness levels - but it's an extension of Hubbard's 1952 PR "handling" of occasionally troublesome "Homo Saps."

It works like this: If it sounds really dumb or crazy, or is exposed as a lie, in front of any particular person or "public," not dumb or gullible enough to believe it, then, immediately, claim that it - whatever it was - is a metaphor, an allegory, a joke, a symbolic representation used as a teaching aid, etc. If this doesn't work, claim it was taken out of context, or that the complaining or ridiculing person or "public" are literal-minded, etc.

In fact, the idea of the "literalizing of L. Ron Hubbard" was re-introduced, recently, by Marty Rathbun.

This is just a more gentle fashion - a "lower gradient" - of saying there's something really wrong with the "antagonistic" person or "public."

From the 1955 'Manual on Dissemination of Material': "Another frame of mind we would like to see the public have and register is that people attacking Scientologist have something wring with them."

"Why are you making fun of L. Ron Hubbard? There must be something wrong with you!"

It's a form of bullshitting which is used to cover an earlier bullshitting. It's actually pretty "workable," in that a fair number of people seem to fall for it, which means, incidentally, that it's likely to continue.

An example of this would be a Scientology "OT" telling a ridiculing or "nattering" "Wog" - who has just seen the South Park episode exposing OT 3 - that "it's only fantasy." This, of course, would be an example of following Hubbard's instructions on dealing with "Homo Saps" - instructions that dates back to 1952, and were included in the book, 'History of Man'.

These are old "handlings."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Tourniquet Member

Well, yeah, it's 4-quadrillion-year-old rehash at this point ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. It simply cannot be worse than his 'Ode To L Ron Hubbard'. It is probably the single most cringeworthy piece of 'writing' I've ever been exposed to (and I've read the collected verse of William McGonagall, so I know whereof I speak).

You can read it here (about a third down the page) -

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27609-Martyworld-Tech

Writing classes can't fix that. I doubt whether a full frontal lobotomy could.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  32. Then there is this statement from the book (attributed to Jason Beghe, though I have heard indications that Jason is significantly misrepresented by Marty):

This makes sense. After all, everyone knows that when you are in a hole, the best thing to do is to keep digging.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  33. Lorelei Member

How do you sell a whole book when the answer to the title question should only be three words long? Namely: "It's a CULT."

;)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  34. a top notch post, that^
  35. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  36. I am going to say something genuinely controversial here: Scientology works*

*but, this is a really big "but," but only the REAL scientology; the scientology that made the old man a pulp-messiah, works.
    The REAL scientology isn't Dianetics, it isn't the Way to Happiness, it isn't in any of the courses, or lectures, or congresses, or rundowns, or in the OT levels, or the Ls, or in any of the books printed by author services by DM, or any of the things put out by the indies, or non-scientological copycat groups, like etsy. Some regard it as the lost-tech, code-named: "Excalibur," but it isn't that either, at least, not in it's purest most potent form. I suspect that it's never been printed. The closest form available were some hints buried in the old man's pre-scientological, pre-dianetic: "affirmations."
    In "affirmations" lie several hints and clues, which reveal the "why" but not the "what" or the "how." The "why" was what the old man wanted; laid out in "affirmations" was his true motivation, all the things wanted but didn't or couldn't have:
    ◦He wanted to be liked, to be the center of attention, not just by family and friends, but by everyone around him, but without having to be nice to any of these people.
    ◦He wanted money, beyond the dreams of avarice, but for it to be simply handed to him with minimal or no effort on his part.
    ◦He wanted women as his wife or lover, but without having to compromise or work at maintaining a relationship.
    ◦ He wanted sex, and to be considered handsome or charismatic enough to consistently pull off one-night-stands with any ladies of his choosing, but without working to improve his appearance or by using anything more than his usual modest-but-superficial charm.
    ◦He wanted power, to be the to be the "decider" "eldest father" "final judge" and the "high priest" all-in-one, without spending the time and effort to gain the practical wisdom necessary to be a respected arbiter.
    ◦He wanted fame, to be well respected master of multiple skills as an artist or creator, but not have to put in any of the effort necessary to develop his talent.
    ◦He wanted to be respected and admired, as a paragon, without having to tell the truth, obey the law, or adhere to any sort of (wog) ethics, or by working for it.
    Essentially, he was a jerk, who wanted ALL THE CAKES and eat them too, but here's the rub: HE GOT ALL THAT ...but only partially. Looking forward, to his mostly-fictionalized biography; it shows what he tried to become, but ultimately failed at, but still bragged about due to his narcissism which was fed by his eager enabling followers; explorer, nuclear scientist, musician, composer, photographer, humanitarian, war hero, ect. He failed because the only thing he going for him before he used real-deal was:
    ◦His ability to tell engaging, but mostly fabricated stories; a lesser version of Samuel Clemens, A.K.A. Mark Twain
    ◦The superficial sociopathic charm of a conman; a lesser version of Bernie Madoff.
    Incidentally, both abilities are, in a way, related in the ability to "read" people and tell them what the want to hear.
    However, what had wasn't enough to be anything other than a small-time grifter and mooch, so there has to be SOMETHING else that allowed the old man to utilize these mediocre skills to develop a "cult" following. It's something powerful, unknown, and very dangerous. This unknown "X"-factor was the REAL scientology, the "real-deal." All else is merely an external expression of the real-deal, mere widowdressing and façade, stage-magician's handkerchief flourish or puff of smoke, to misdirect from the old man's REAL-DEAL.
    This real-deal scientology worked for the old man, and the old man alone, as sharing it would invite competition and the old man hated any kind competition or fair fight. It made him, for a time, all the things he wanted to be... but only to a small, closed, self-isolated group of people, his acolytes, the scientologists: members of a "church" that worships nothing, a faithless "faith." Although, that's somewhat inaccurate and oversimplfied, in the sense that, while there are no overt scientological "articles of faith" and there are a several high-sounding, but ignorable, prescripts that exist only for wog "shore story" PR purposes. However, there is one powerful, overriding belief: that the old man, in his writings, was right about absolutely everything: from how to vacuum and wipe automobile windows, to the secrets of life and death and the afterlife. This belief in the infallibility of a very "fallibile" man, is the "what" which IS the secret to the real-deal: that the old man, a writer of fictions, only writes the truth, the truth to EVERYTHING. A pulp-messiah.
    However for the old man, while the real-deal worked for a time; several decades in-fact, it did not work forever... and like poor ol' Faust, the devil eventually got his due. Minor digression: Faust was a man who sold his soul to the devil for power for a limited time, but instead of using his power to do great things, he proceeded squander it gambling, drinking, and carousing, and when that time was up, the devil came to collect... taking Faust to hell. The old man, like Faust, squandered everything provided by the real-deal in intricate money-making schemes, indulging petty vengeance and intrigues against real or imagined enemies, instead of working to make his imagined greatness real.
    While the old man wasn't dragged kicking-and-screaming into hell by a devil with a debt to clear, the old man in his final days sentenced himself to a metaphorical self-made hell: constantly running from the law, sick, paranoid, delusional, with friends and family estranged driven away, betrayed, or imprisoned, due to his pettiness and selfishness. The old man spent his final hours surviving in the gentle mercy of his greatest enemy masquerading as a friend: another mediocre man, even more so than the old man, a veritable monster who was as ruthlessly ambitious as he was unfit to lead. The real-deal spent: the old man finally died confused, scared, drugged, cold and in pain, with all who loved him as a person, and not as a pulp-messiah, had long-since been out of the picture, leaving no one to comfort him in his passing.
    Scientology works, but only for an old man who used it for his own petty and selfish dreams before dying as a shattered derelict. So it's better to say "Scientology Worked" rather than "Scientology Works" as he took the only genuinely workable, real-deal, scientology with him when he died, so the "how" is gone forever, and the world is a better place because of it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Very interesting. I found the part about Faust very informative.
    My take:
  38. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1

39. Speaking of Ron the Arbiter:

• Funny Funny x 3