Customize

What should be transated next into German (or subtitled in German)?

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by anonimo, Apr 8, 2008.

1. anonimo Member

What should be translated next into German (or subtitled in German)?

throw in your ideas, we're doing brainstorming!

Well, I suppose we just do some brainstorming first and then we can discuss.
    What will get most people interested in the cause of Anonymous?
    What will provide necessary basic information, remove false ideas?
    What might people need to read to take Anonymous serious and support?
    What is our main goal when translating texts?

I will keep the list of options updated in the first posting.

Brainstorming:
    - Leaked Tom Cruise video (full)
    - BBC Panorama "Scientology and me"
    - Enturbulation front pages
    - Anonymous vs. Scientology and Strategy of Anonymous (youtube user thunderf00t)
    - some more exScientologyKids.com (ESK) texts (Astra's & Richard's stories)
    - ESK Scientology glossary
    - Letter to LGBT organisations (LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender/Transsexual)
    - part of the leaked RPF church documents (RPF rules, "kidnapping order"]

- video where a German visitor is harassed by Scilons in Clearwater and Ursula Caberta being shouted at on her arrival to the US airport (please post links)
  2. indeedindeed Member

Re: What should be transated next into German (or subtitled in German)?

-some more ESK texts -happening right now, i think it will take a bit longer than thought, but im currently working on astra's first draft and Fleischmann said something about wanting to work on Richard's story
    -ESK glossary
  3. Fleischmann Member

Yes, I am still working on it. Regrettably, this week was crammed full of uni stuff, so I am only about halfway finished with the first draft. Nonetheless, I think I should have enough time to make some progress on Sunday and Monday..
  4. endCOSsoon Member

5. iaxiloll Member

It might be just as interesting to translate from German to English. There so much really good
    stuff out there. Their approach to the Scilons is so different. I would have uploaded them to my chanel but I decided to stick to English.

YouTube - iaxiloll's Channel
  6. anonimo Member

This is a good idea. I will create a new thread about this soon. For now, let's stick to the English2German translations in this thread.
  7. Flanon Member

It was either Magoo or Wise Beard Man who had a video of Scientology people in Clearwater harassing a German visitor, that should be nice...
  8. anonimo Member

Thanks for the good idea. I think I remember that. This will make a big effect on German audience as in Germany Scilons always try to behave. Also the video of Mrs. Caberta arriving at the airport and being harassed by a crowed of Scilons should be included in such a video. ==> please post the link

Here's another important addition: There are brand new documents on WikiLeaks about the RPF. I just saw the summary page there and it really is big. It's for example the strict list of rules RPF people have to follow (that very much looks like prison rules) and also a "kidnapping order". :arrow: Scientology cult organizational documents part 1 - Wikileaks

I want to add: Scientology cult Whole Track Security Check. This is just so unbelievable, it should be seen by more people. Maybe you disagree, but it's the same as with the Xenu story: people need to see what kind of religion it is (in case they consider joining). But, I'm not sure if we could get in trouble because this copyrighted material (I don't think so)

9. indeedindeed Member

not necessarily to translate next, but might still be worthwhile:

another idea: The glozell interview series.

YouTube - GloZell and the Scientologist part 4

5 parts. this is a great answer to anyone asking what scientology really is like from the perspective of a scientologist.

The Religion Report - 16 April 2008 - Scientology, Hollywood and the path to Washington

this is a great interview with Stephen Kent about infiltration in business and entertainment as well as about OP Snow White.

update: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/44-german/interview-stephen-kent-25240/
  10. Mika'el Member

11. indeedindeed Member

1982 Clearwater Hearings, maybe not in entirety, maybe these excerpts, maybe Paulette Cooper's statement in its entirety. There are also vids from this, also from Scott Mayer -really creepy stuff, his car was blown up- on YouTube, maybe to subtitle these.

1982 Clearwater commission Hearings

If I'm not mistaken, Mark Bunker has all of the Clearwater hearings on xenutv.com, here:

The 1982 Clearwater Hearings

In addition to this he has links to the transcripts at lermanet.com, whenever there are such.

A transcript of Paulette Cooper's testimony:

Clearwater Testimony

update: There's a draft for a translation of the Cooper testimony in this subforum.
  12. Mumble Member

I would like to translate the Affidavit of Lawrence Brennan into german.
    21 pages, but I think it's an important story.
  13. indeedindeed Member

Absolutely. There were also some recent radio shows - I think there's a list at www.xenu-directory.net and some were transcribed- with people who say they were relatively high up. Now that there is a name (John Peeler) to BTS2free on OCMB it may be useful to see if some of his stuff could be translated.
    This is so much, Verfassungsschutz can't possibly have it all already in german, so maybe we might even help get Scientology bannished, if we translate the most relevant/damaging material that isn't mentioned already in the 1997 agsc-report.
  14. Mumble Member

The Brennan Affedavit will take some time. (Maybe until the end of May)
    I think I overestimated myself :roll:

But I will do it, piece by piece.
  15. indeedindeed Member

Every part that is done is good. You may also post any part, than other people can chime in or start correcting/making suggestions while you translate other parts. I've opened a thread about it in this section "The Declaration of Larry Brennan".
  16. indeedindeed Member

17. Brogo Member

it would be awesome if we could translate some of the xenu.net stuff.

i know its much but there are a lot of interesting things there.

And it would even awesomer if the one hosting xenu.net could put these translated texts on this site (with those tiny little flags or something like that)

the same would go for the enturb front pages. Has anyone translated them yet?
  18. indeedindeed Member

Great idea with regards to Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology and you are right: It is about time we finally start translating the front pages of enturb. I got a plan with regards to this idea: I'll put up this posting here with a list of all those pages that exist at enturb.org and whenever there is an existing thread for translation of that page, I'll link to it here.

ENTURBULATION.ORG

Home (Frontpage)

Activism

Advocacy

Getting the Message Across

Press Room

Biographies

F.A.Q.

Recent Press Releases

Archived Press Releases

Forums (a link to the forums, nothing to translate here)

What is Scientology

A Brief History

Affiliated Organizations

Organization Hierarchy

Recruiting and Public Presence

About Us

Latest News

How Scientology is Different

Why we are against Scientology

Advertising
  19. lori Member

20. Ilse Hruby Member

21. murx Member

Ohai! Welcome Ilse Hruby!

Are there (German) short versions / excerpts of stories to generate interest in people with little time / short attention span? (for posting in discussions, news comments etc)
  22. Ilse Hruby Member

Hi Murx :)

this is a story what would be great when it will be translated, but it is a little bit more than a short story:
    Wilfried Handl
  23. TrevAnon Member

I think you want this translated into English (or some other language)? Then your post should be in the thread:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/44-german/what-should-translated-german-10999/

Anyway, I'll go try...

Edit: was not as long as I thought. Here is the raw translation: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/44-german/interview-wilfried-handl-22923/
  24. moarxenu Member

I am wondering if the public in Germany is interested in learning moar about Anon. We are getting to be recognized in the US and ppl are getting curious. Tomorrow SFWeekly, one of the two alternative free weeklies in San Francisco, 100,000 mostly hip readers, is publishing a story on fair game in the Bay Area focusing on Tommy and Jennifer with a side bar about Anon. We are a fascinating social phenomenon. Feeding ppl's curiousity draws them closer to the cause.

My number one candidate for an Anon text to translate into German is The State of the Insurgency Address which was delivered by megaphonebitch at Operation Reconnect. At that raid Disconnected Son gave an impassioned speech about his experience of being disconnected when he was eight years old. SF also unveiled the White Rose Anonymous flag and dedicated it to all the critics of Scientology in a written speech.

These three speeches are good candidates because of SF's connection to Munich. They gave their support to the flag project (and now have their own). The only place Disconnected Son's appears on the internets is on Brief von Sanfagcisco. The dedication speech makes explicit reference to Anon Munich. The White Rose flag is all over the place in pix.

State of the Insurgency imo is one of the most important dox to emerge from the insurgency. It clearly articulates the internet nature of our struggle and of Anon. Many of its ideas permeate the recent Reclamation vids. The vid of mega's speech is totally epic and win can be achieved by sub-titling it in German.

The Speech of Disconnected Son on Brief von Anonymous Sanfagcisco is a passionate contemporary statement by a young anon about being disconnected. Die Weisse Rose and Anon Munich are both mentioned in the flag dedication speech.

my $.02

Oh sh-- Lauren's piece is up already.

Scientology's Antagonists. I haven't started to read. Wanted you to be the first to know. Let me know if you want me to get the rights to translate. brb antagonistfaggotry