Customize

What should be translated from german?

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by indeedindeed, Apr 24, 2008.

1. indeedindeed Member

What should be translated from german?

My personal favourite is the agsc-document from Verfassungsschutz working group, which is a very long and very detailed analysis of scientology:

http://www.im.nrw.de/sch/doks/vs/agsc.pdf

if not the entire document maybe some excerpts.

there has been a request for a translation of this brochure:

http://www.stmi.bayern.de/imperia/md/content/stmi/service/publikationen/das_system_scientology.pdf

on which "The Duck Man" commented: "A translation is in the works."
  2. anon2487 Member

Re: What should be translated from german?

The parts that cover Scientology's political goals, attempts at political subversion, and anything relating to WISE and/or Scientology controlled businesses and their use as vehicles for infiltration, influence and intelligence gathering. These. :grin:

Please.

I will provide whatever sexual favours are required to spur you in this endeavour. That, and these are issues that have far broader appeal for business and government than disconnection, fraud, fair game etc. (bad as they are).
  3. indeedindeed Member

the german translation committee will inform you on our decision with regards to this matter. It's high on our list of priorities. The translation that is.

I'll make a thread about it.
  4. anonymous3424 Member

can we get this thing translated? it would be pretty frikin awesome to be able to pass these out and say they are the official stance of the German government.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

IMHO it is not a priority, as the document presented in this video is available in different languages. It is much easier to send the PDF file or to provide the link to it.
  6. indeedindeed Member

this document is the second one mentioned in OP.
    It hasn't been translated so far, as the documents in non-german languages only have a similar name in the pdf, but are translations of a different document.
    BTW, don't expect new information from there, i believe all in all that there is more on enturb and surely more on xenu.net.
    I'll ask "The Duck Man" if he referred to this document as being the one to which translation was in the works. If not, of course it can be translated, but this will take time and there are some other things to be translated as well.

If you want a short document on germany's official stance on this i suggest this website from the german embassy in Washington DC:

Germany.info : Information Services: Archives: Background Papers
  7. indeedindeed Member

8. Brogo Member

Yeah that's true, but it shows what government SHOULD think about scientology.

i dont know if it was already mentioned or if there are some new, unique facts/quotes in, but the annual report from the bavarian Verfassungschutz is also nice to read and contains 22 pages about Co$.

http://www.verfassungsschutz.bayern...rnet/service/verfassungsschutzbericht2007.pdf
    page 201-222
  9. Fleischmann Member

I'd like to help with that one as soon as I can muster more time and motivation...
  10. indeedindeed Member

brogo

that's an interesting document, a good read, worth translating. With regards to showing how government should be: I think the facts are all there and are known in principle, also by the US government agencies -at least they should know it and had information in the past- the problem is they don't act accordingly.
  11. Brogo Member

indeedindeed: i think so too, in some way. but if the us government has all the facts about scientology, i keep wondering why they still dont have to pay taxes.
  12. indeedindeed Member

Good question.
    My take on it (my guess): The tax-exempt status resulted from undue pressure on the IRS caused by 1000s of lawsuits and usage of PIs against IRS employees, which is a suspicion for which I don't have conclusive proof, so I'm not claiming it, I just think it is very probable. Once the CoS had gained the tax-exempt status new proceedings would be necessary to take it away and those didn't happen.
    So, there are two real questions here: How exactly did CoS (and related entities) obtain tax-exempt status with the IRS and why has no investigation been conducted into how they did it? Because the complete reversal of the IRS's previous stance on CoS must have appeared strange to a lot of people and there were also reports in newspapers about the exemption and some of its circumstances, so there should have been enough information to start an investigation.

This might be of interest with regards to what happened: Re: Scientologists and Politics

Let's hope it is that way, but I'd love to find out, exactly when "eventually" is to take place.

In any case, there's no hurt in translating all these documents, even if it's probably going to take months.

BTW, I've started to translate Lori Taverna's statement before the Clearwater Commission in 1982 to german. I think it is interesting as it shows how idealism and abuse go hand in hand within this organization.
  13. brisanonb Member

So much content in each one of those two PDFs, but given that they're from German Department of Arse-kicking.

It's the university exam period in Australia at the moment, and the last document was just a desired distraction from studies. I'll probably return to either of those two documents in a week, probably the Verfassungschutzbericht 2007.
  14. TrevAnon Member

15. anona-hh Member

I think we should refrain from translating older versions of the "Verfassungsschutzbericht".

Here's the 2007 one:
    Verfassungsschutzbericht 2007
    with some very nice-to-read parts about $cientology.

I will try to deliver a translation at short notice.
  16. iamanon002 Member

imop sehr interessant: http://www.stmi.bayern.de/imperia/m...ungsschutz/scientology/kybern_org_managem.pdf

Kann diesem Statement des Autors nach der Lektüre nur zustimmen. Sein Text leistet genau dies und beschreibt die Scientology Organisation oder besser Scientology Corporation zuallererst als (religiöse)warenproduzierende, an kybernetischen Modellen orientierte Maschine. Mithin also aus einer Perspektive, die angesichts von Hubbards umfangreichen technischen und ingenieurtechnischen Sprachgebrauch auch in anderen Texten mitschwingt, als zentrales und für ein Verständnis der SO wesentliches Element aber imop sonst so nicht ausformuliert wurde.
    Ich jedenfalls fand den Text sehr erhellend und bereichernd, verbunden mit dem ein oder anderen aha Erlebnis.

Gleichfalls dürften die meisten der im Text zitierten HCO PLs den meisten unbekannt sein.

Hatte begonnen die HCO PLs im englischen Original zusammenzusuchen und zu lesen. Sollte sich jemand an eine Übersetzung lohnenswert finden: PMe, bitte.
  17. indeedindeed Member

thanks, very interesting document, I learned a lot. I would be interested to see it translated, but don't have the ressources right now to do it. It's definitely a good candidate for translation.
  18. Fleischmann Member

Don't worry, as soon my exams are finished I have a lot of catching up to do...
  19. iamanon002 Member

Ok. i´ve resarched all the HCO PLs cited in the doc. They´re now numbered as they appear in the text and might be helpful for a potential translation.

Also you just learn a lot by reading the whole ones.

In case it will be translated one day (what i hope) i could put it all together in one "interactive" PDF giving easy access to the HCO PLs.

Dr. Jürgen Keltsch - Die ingenieur-kybernetische Organisations- und Managementtechnologie von L. Ron Hubbards Scientology

kybern_org_managem.rar

EDIT: Some bugs fixed

Still missing:
    HCO PL 9 Aug 1972 Seniority of Orders
    HCO PL 7 Jan 1985 HCO Confessionals
    LRH ED 67 INT
  20. Ilse Hruby Member

The Interview with Fredy Gareis about his undercover time in Scientology from german to english .
    Interview mit Fredy Gareis
  21. TrevAnon Member