Customize

What The Film!? – Battlefield Earth

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by failboat, Aug 13, 2012.

1. failboat Member

It's been a while since we had a Battlefield Earth thread, and this excellent review is from today. Enjoy.
    http://www.underthegunreview.net/2012/08/13/what-the-film-battlefield-earth/

More at the link..
    http://www.underthegunreview.net/2012/08/13/what-the-film-battlefield-earth/
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

As always gotta plug the rifftrax version for those who might not have seen it yet. It was the only way to get thru BE, and... it is one of the best things any of those guys have done post MST.
  3. 217

ENTERTAINMENT

John Travolta Doesn’t Regret a Thing

The iconic actor of films like Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fictiondiscusses his new film, The Forger, the media, and those allegations.

Do you have any career regrets? Maybe… Battlefield Earth?

No way, are you kidding? Why would I ever regret that? I had the power to do whatever I wanted, and I chose to do a book that I thought was worthy of making into a movie. It’s a beautiful film. It’s a good movie. Again, the media angle confused the movie with…

…with Scientology?

Yeah. They did that with Phenomenon, too, and Phenomenon is really the story of Jesus Christ. It’s not Scientology! So, I have no regrets at all. And if we had to do it over again, I would still do it. It was a moment where I could say, “I had all the power in the world and could do whatever I wanted.” Not a lot of people get that opportunity, and I did what I wanted to do.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ld-earth-and-pulp-fiction-20-years-later.html
  4. Movies News

John Travolta defends Battlefield Earth: 'Why would I ever regret that?'

By Tom Eames

Tuesday, Sep 16 2014, 4:11pm EDT
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
    John Travolta has defended his 2000 movie Battlefield Earth, despite its critical legacy as one of the worst movies of all time.

The long-time Scientologist produced and starred in the sci-fi movie, based on the first half of the 1982 novel of the same name by Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard.

[IMG]
    © Rex Features / Everett Collection

Travolta helped fund the project with millions of dollars of his own money, and the film was a critical and commercial failure. It won nine Golden Raspberry Awards - a record until 2012.

When asked by The Daily Beast if the film was a career regret, Travolta replied: "No way, are you kidding? Why would I ever regret that?

"I had the power to do whatever I wanted, and I chose to do a book that I thought was worthy of making into a movie. It's a beautiful film. It's a good movie.

[IMG]

Travolta added that the film's failure was partly down to the media's confusion with its Scientology connection.

"The media angle confused the movie with [Scientology]. They did that with Phenomenon, too, and Phenomenon is really the story of Jesus Christ. It's not Scientology!" he said.

"So, I have no regrets at all. And if we had to do it over again, I would still do it. It was a moment where I could say, 'I had all the power in the world and could do whatever I wanted'. Not a lot of people get that opportunity, and I did what I wanted to do."

Watch a trailer for Battlefield Earth below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a597124/john-travolta-defends-battlefield-earth-why-would-i-ever-regret-that.html#~oQ4Mndxv8FC6Qu#ixzz3DWvqdfuy
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  5. Random guy Member

I know people think Travolta may actually be a nice guy underneath all the bullox, but I don't think so. I think he is a asshole with delusions and with the mental capacity of an earthworm.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jeff Jacobsen Member

"It's a beautiful film. It's a good movie."

yep, some mental degeneration going on there.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sonichu Moderator

It doesn't take much more imagination to make a film that is either financially, critically or technically more competent than Battlefield Earth.

I can only dream and imagine the possibilities if I or other anons had access to that kind of opportunity...
  8. "The media angle confused the movie with [Scientology]."

Think real hard about it John, maybe you will figure it out.
  9. RightOn Member

"So, I have no regrets at all. And if we had to do it over again, I would still do it. "

Guess he thinks everyone snickering about this movie is still good press than none at all?
    I guess it's better than "John Travolta tried to get jiggy with me" news. (speaking of which, Will Smoth has been pretty quiet lately?)

Maybe after Hair Spray, Johnny Boy will do just about anything that comes his way.(no pun intended)
    Don't know how well his new movie will do, but I won't be going to any of his movies. OR any scilon ANYTHING for that matter.
    Any ticket bought, the performer gets a cut. And some of Johnny's money goes to the cult. You know... for auditing and such. Have to keep him sane after all! :confused:
    BOYCOT ALL SCILON CELEBS ALWAYS
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 129

[IMG]

Here are 10 things J.T. looks like with that sheet of charred Ramen on his face. He IS:
    1. A satisfied customer at the Battlefield Earth Supercuts.
    2. A Madame Tussaud's rendering of James Lipton.
    3. Will Ferrell's character in "The Lovers" sketch.
    4. Vincent Vega dressing up his chin with a Jules Winnfield wig.
    5. A charming sculpture of butter and Velcro.
    6. Vincent van Gogh's first attempt at a self-portrait thrown away for being "too depressing."
    7. "Big Brother" star Cody Calafiore in 110 years.
    8. Someone named Lars
    9. A Bond villain with a side job as a mall jeweler
    10. Buddy Christ's best friend Shady Christ

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/10-eer...s-new-beard-calls-to-mind#ARh1X1zGsdeXcQ2k.99
  11. The movie is not that good. Critics said this movie is the worst..