Customize

What the fuck are dynamics, and how do I make mine expand?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. stc Member

What the fuck are dynamics, and how do I make mine expand?

[IMG]

2. themadhair Member

Re: What the fuck are dynamics, and how do I make mine expand?

I've never seen the phrase expanding used in this way before. It doesn't seem to make sense with what I understood the dynamics to be. Is this usual sci terminology? If so what does expanding mean in this context?
  3. basil Member

About Scientology: The Eight Dynamics (scifag site)
  4. anon0004 Member

Also this:
    sauce:
    timboucher The 8 Dynamics of Scientology
  5. Anonymous Member

To me, the eight dynamics is one of the two 'concept manipulations' that are the basis for much of the human right abuse in Scientology. 'The greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics' is a harmful ethical model.

Combined this with the tone scale, an innocent looking one-dimensional tool to measure up people, which slips in that 'sympathy' is a negative emotion. What you get are people that are able to rationalize the cognitive dissonance that they believe to be doing good by supporting an abusive organization.

But to understand how smart Hubbard was with this theory, one has to dip into academic ethics for a bit.

You see, academics went all the way to isolated tribes in Papoa New Guinea to measure their sense of right and wrong. Loo and behold, it is not different from ours since people naturally make consequence-based ethical decisions.

Things go wrong, when absolutist ethics come into play. And 'you can get away with murder as long as you are upstat' most certainly is one.

The mathematical model of 'the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics' is an absolutist ethical system diguised as a consequenece-based model. And that's what makes it so sinister, since people natually feel comfortable with a consequence-based model.

For those that don't know, this is how it works: Suppose Scientology drives someone into dept. In this model that means -1 for the first dynamic but +1 for the third (Scientology) and +1 for the fourth (the world, because Scientology saves the world from its downward spiral). Total is +1, so go for it!

tl;dr The eight dynamics is essential to the mindfuck of 'das System Scientology'. Jessy 'You can get away with murder as long as you are upstat' Remmers is one of the few scilons that realized this.
  6. pooks Member

Expanding your dynamics in Scio Speak means to get each dynamic doing better and getting better stats on each dynamic.

1st D== personally moving up the Bridge to Total Freedumb.
    2nd D == getting family to move up the Bridge to Total Freedumb
    3rd D == making more money and getting people that you work with moving up the Bridge to Total Freedumb

etc.

7. lothar Member

Pooks,

If the biggest obligation is to move up the Bridge, then why do so many culties ignore the fact that DM (the one who influences the most dynamics by setting policies and direction for the entire Church) is not doing anything on the Bridge???

I guess it's ok because he is focusing on higher dynamics??

I just don't understand, if he isn't doing auditing or moving up the bridge, isn't he a risk and PTS etc.?
  8. ryangiggs Member

"GETING"

^
    Oh T, Eiran!
  9. FUCK Member

I've wondered this myself. I wonder if the public sci's even know of DM's lack of bridge movement. Guess they all assume he's OT 8
  10. ryangiggs Member

^
    This subject could make a good sign for the scilons to think about.
  11. themadhair Member

So it relates to the bridge then? As opposed to increasing each survival dynamic by being uptone etc ?
  12. Anon-007 Member

Also, Miscavity has personally only attained a low OT level (well, formally anyhow) yet he is "allowed" access to (and the rewriting of) the original source documents of considerably higher levels.

Kinda like an 'O' level student (that's GCSE for the youngsters, lol) being able to administer and teach doctorate level degree courses!!!!!!

Sidenote. Anyone notice that Miscavige is rather good at giving himself grandiose sounding titles and awards? Very much like Mutley got medals for everything:

[IMG]
  13. Anonymous Member

Most Scilons have no idea where he is on the Bridge. Even most Sea Org fags have no clue. Unless you are at Hemet and somehow have access to that information. He doesn't talk about his own "case".

In terms of "expanding your dynamics", that just means "doing better" on your dynamics. Like a pp said, it is all a bs scheme by the cult anyway.

I would LOVE to ask that Scifag how much time he actually spends with his children... :rolleyes:
  14. Anon-007 Member

You're not implying he's a pedo are you?

He wouldn't be the first, lolz ;)
  15. Anonymous Member

"A person has to come up the scale so that he can take responsibility for himself and all of his fellows and the whole cockeyed, condemned universe before he can walk down the road out. Isn't that fascinating?"

No, that's called unwarranted self importance with signs of schizophrenia when someone starts thinking you can take responsibility for the whole universe.
  16. pooks Member

Most culties still in have no idea that DM is not doing anything on the Bridge.

Culties still in are completely ignorant of the truth.
  17. Optimisticate Member

Kirstie Alley is expanding. Are those her "dynamics"?
  18. I