Customize

What's all the Fuss?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by veravendetter, Jun 8, 2013.

1. veravendetter Member

Was checking out your site, and I think you've gotten way too paranoid about these Scientologist guys. I've met a few and they are super-friendly. Admittedly their practices are not my cup of tea, but I feel like you're dramatising stuff that is fairly innocuous. Whatever happened to 'live and let live'?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Why couldn't you have posted in the AvS section so I could troll you using mod powers??? No fair!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. rickybobby Member

Why yes! I think you have a point, here. I, too, have met some at those cool tables with books and that interesting E-meter they have. They are all smiley and stuff, and say nice things when I walk by, which makes me want to talk to them. Why don't you PM me, and we can go visit an Org together. It will be great! We will walk in, stick out our hands and introduce ourselves and go "Hi! We just want to check out your cool videos. Do you mind?"

Of course, they aren't so nice when you're wearing a mask....
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. amaX Member

requesting this thread be moved to the AvS section.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It's like moldy cheese.
  7. Anonymous Member

What are you doing upstairs? Shouldn't you be lurking in the dungeon?
  8. Did they love-bomb you and make you feel important and all fuzzy inside?

That's just setting up the mark for the bait-and-switch. Take it from someone who's been there, and then some.

Stick around the org, and wait to be asked for more money than you have to obtain super powers beyond the reach of any ordinary human.

If you have no money to speak of, prepare yourself to hear about the glories of working on staff and getting the super powers for free.

Let me know if it goes differently :)
  9. The Dome is apparently too dull so he's trolling here.
  10. Anonymous Member

.5/10

and only for the title
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Pinkman Moderator

You definitely need to meet my raelians friends. Lots of Gatsby-style parties, drugs (a lot of them have funny names), nice and polite chatting sessions about aliens and shit, sandwiches, and cats. Raelians do love cats.
    We should meet one day.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Internet Member

Montreal? Or maybe Vegas.

I give it to the Raelians for appearing not to take religion terribly seriously. I'd like them moar if they'd talk less moonbat. But then they'd be more of an artistic movement rather than a religion.

Artistic movements are pretty cool. Why can't we have more of them instead of so dang many religious cults in this country?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Internet Member

Today I learned about the "Chicago Imagists, a breakaway group of surrealist iconoclasts from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago who showed in the Hyde Park Art Center in 1969 and later."

Press_Lostutter_4x4_200dpi.jpg

This piece is by Robert Lostutter. It came up in my Google results when I searched for info about that Anon with 12 FBI guns in his face, Derec Lostutter. Think Derec might be related to Robert? Not that I care exactly; just wandering thoughts.

Perhaps I will start a Wandering Thoughts artistic movement, for the Google generation.
  14. Anonymous Member

You will discover much aesthetic lulz in the work of the artists in that group.

One of the sculptors in the group - H. C. Westermann - is my very favorite American Sculptor:

hc westermann.jpg

A Human Condition

/derail