Customize

What's Behind Gary Douglas's Scientology Knockoff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

OMFG. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does. Scientology + Pedo woo.
    What's Behind Gary Douglas's Scientology Knockoff?

Access Consciousness promises to help you reach a higher plane. For a price.

By Craig Malisow Wednesday, Nov 7 2012

http://www.houstonpress.com/2012-11-08/news/gary-douglass-access-consicousness/

Long read, but worth it. The Scientology connections are covered on page 2 and more similarities touched on at the bottom of page 6. The dark side scary shit is on Page 1 and 4.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

I think Scientology has pedo woo built into the system... children are just grown-up thetans in small bodies, but OK. Off to read this^
  3. Anonymous Member

can has summary?
  4. anon walker Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

The guy falls asleep during sex?

WORLD'S NOT GREATEST LOVER!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Holy fuck that is disturbing stuff:

Re-definition of words combined with smug superiority over those who don't "get it." That is culty.

Kill it with fire please, Anonymous, before it grows into something like Scientology with movie stars and everything.
  7. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

That is like rule one of sex: Stay awake.

The second rule? Smoke a cigarette after.

Somebody take his peen away. He hasn't earned it.
  8. Anonymous Member

Feed it to the chans.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

A new breed of New Agey Scientology was born in Santa Barbara 20 years ago, seemingly much more weirder and twisted than the original. It evolved much faster than the original and is now reaching out children by treating them as if their natural born OTs that are "sexy" but with a redefinition of the word.

Scientology connections:
    No completions found for Laurie Alexander and Patricia O'Hara, but we have a single hit on Mary Wernicke: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/mary-wernicke.html

Access cult-related links NOT in the article:

Access True Knowledge Foundation
    http://www.accesstrueknowledge.com/

Access Consciousness - empowering people to know what they know
    http://www.accessconsciousness.com/index.asp

About Access Consciousness
    http://www.accessconsciousness.com/about-access.asp

Access bars
    http://www.bars.accessconsciousness.com/index.asp

Access body
    http://www.body.accessconsciousness.com/index.asp

Access blog
    http://access-consciousness-blog.com/

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

I would love to hear Michael Hobsons thoughts on this.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. RightOn Member

wat?
    sorry I dozed off
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

that's interesting. in the beginning, it sort of reminded me of the thing in which new age people were calling children of a certain generation age group, "Indigo children", and there was this whole movement all about it, really taking off in the early 90's. weird. I was reading the article, but i haven't yet gotten any specific idea of their technique for "clearing" themselves and others, yet.... anyhow.
    I love Santa Barbara, though and wish I could live there. It's a pretty liberal, rich neo hippie area which is tolerant of all sorts of different ways of seeing the world.. they tend to be open minded is what i'm trying to say.
  15. Anonymous Member

prac_gary.jpg
    Gary Douglas - Founder

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

He sounds like a piece of shit.

He sounds like a pedofile justifying why it's OK to touch kids inappropriately. CREEPY!
  17. DodoTheLaser Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. wolfbane Member

^^Nice. Very well done Andrew
    /APPLAUSE

If you find your way to this thread from the traffic on your blog, please come educate us more about Access so that we can thoroughly suss out exactly what it does & doesn't have in common with Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. CarterUSP Member

Now I haven't read the whole moonbat stuff here, but did I read right that they touch bits of your head to make to spiritually advanced or something?
  20. Anonymous Member

I'm not sure the chans are down with the cult war these days. Feel free to prove me wrong.
  21. Anonymous Member

That man sounds like a thoughtful, tolerant independent thinker.
    I thought it was ironic (i am not sure if one can always control the content of internet advertisements on a website, but...) there was an ad on the top of the page for Eckhart Tolle. There sure is a schmorgasboard (spelling) of different groups out there. To his credit, he seems to have the personal integrity to take bits and pieces of whatever knowledge or what have you that resonates with him personally, and reject the things that do not. - as an individual - and to leave the option open to change one's mind or point at view, upon further reflection, at will. I respect that.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Something like that. I would have to read more, to know. But it sounded like he was initially appealing to folks who practice the healing arts like massage therapy, and introducing them to his reinvented model of meridians in the body, used in folk medicine like acupuncture and reflexology and the like. Specially for trust fund kids of yuppies in private schools. I still do not know.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

^^This. There is far too much "not known" yet.

Whoever gave the Houston Press copies of the copyrighted manuals, consider this an open invitation to leak that bombastic shit here. Unlike The Press, we won't play nice with it and instead rip it to shreds, quote entire passages at length, and spread the truth about what they really teach for the greater good.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Woo Hah Member

copypast5a spam!

Actually, I'm trying to get Ronbots to fucking THINK FOR THEMSELVES

Also, can anyone here with an account on ESMB post a heads up to Paul? I think he's a cool guy for creating his own stuff and letting others access it for free, NO MONEY CHARGED AT ALL.

Totally in the spirit of Anons, charging out in a brand new direction, despite getting shit from left, right and center.

Paul, even though I disagree with you, your indomitable spirit is most welcome.

Best of luck to you.
  26. Anonymous Member

His children "chose their moment of conception when he was still asleep".... a very creative explanation to his wife as to why he'd fallen asleep in the middle of sex - again (pretty regularly by the sounds of it).

Cult leader reasoning explains away bad behaviour as acceptable every time.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. DodoTheLaser Member

I sent a message to Andrew, thanking him and letting him know that we would appreciate his input here.

info@accessschism.com

Also, this:

[IMG]

http://www.accessschism.com/accessscientology.htm
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

"Just trust me for now" --likely to provoke skepticism when speaking to an anti-cult crowd. Just sayin'.
  29. AccessSchism Member

Wow! You guys are all very kind.

The response and reaction to Access Schism over the last 6 months has been humbling and well beyond anything I expected. I just wanted to raise a little awareness of the group, and somehow now it's become not only a front page, but COVER story at the Houston Press. Thank you Craig Malisow and the Houston Press!

I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to educate themselves about Gary Douglas and Access Consciousness and hope the awareness continues for a long long time.

I receive letters almost daily, not daily, but almost daily from people expressing sorrow for the lost friend, family member or relationship to Access. This is an ongoing phenomenon and not a joke. People lose friends and relationships to Access members all the time. There are many motivating factors in my launching Access Schism and this phenomenon has become a big motivator.

Again, I appreciate very much the kind words of everyone here!

Thank you DodoTheLaser for the heads up on this thread!

I'll be back often. I Thank all of you for your support!

Andrew

Access Schism
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Anonymous Member

31. DeathHamster Member

Maybe he should do paternity tests? The kids may have chosen a different father too.
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link.

We got a request from our old Village Voice Media colleagues at the Houston Press to get the word out about their cover story this week, and we're only too happy to oblige. Craig Malisow's story about "Access Consciousness" -- a Scientology knockoff -- is a laugh-riot! Just imagine L. Ron Hubbard channeling Rasputin, and you get some idea.

A Scientology Knockoff That Considers Children ‘Sexy’? Great Xenu’s Ghost! | ortegaunderground

Press veteran Craig Malisow has a barnburner of a story about a 70-year-old man named Gary Douglas who is doing something of an L. Ron Hubbard impression while running “Access Consciousness,” which Malisow characterizes as a “Scientology knockoff.”

After reading Craig’s article, we had to agree that Access is pretty much a bizarre imitation of Hubbard. We also wondered why this doesn’t happen more often.

More, and comments, at
    http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/scientology-knockoff-access-consciousnes/
    • Like Like x 2
  33. AccessSchism Member

Access Schism has expanded a bit. In order to get a bit more web presence and exposure for the licentious Access Consciousness group that I write about at the accessschism.com site, I have started a wordpress blog titled accessschism.wordpress.com. I kept it simple and rather than rewriting all of the stuff, I just moved over the articles I had already written.

Wordpress has outstanding search engine optimization and that should help with the web presence and exposure of the scam that is Access Consciousness.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Nutters gonna nut.
  35. DeathHamster Member

Reading that, I felt IQ points whooshing away! Cultie vocabulary detected!
    • Like Like x 2
  36. image387.jpg image404.jpg
    A magnificent DVD production featuring Gary Douglas and the Costarricense de Paso horses.
  37. DeathHamster Member

That's just plain stupid, and anyone who'd trademark it has made a business of raping the stupid.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. That's what he do.