Customize

Where does Rathbun get all that money?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Where does Rathbun get all that money?

For a guy who sea-orged it for so many years, and left on very bad terms, and who seems to have no job at all except for his auditing, he sure is a globe-trotting fella. New Orleans, the Midwest, and Australia all in the last few months. I have a good paying job and couldn't pull this off.

Any ideas?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

He's auditing alot of his adoring fan club members and accepting their donations?
  3. Anonymous Member

drugdealer.jpg
  4. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

I think this is a valid question. I've often wondered how some of these exes pay the bills when they get out after decades in poverty.

I've read how Hawkins, Scobee, and Headley seemed to become successful but I've often wondered about Magoo, Himmler....I mean Rinder, and Rathbunny. I recall Rinder selling Toyotas at one point but I'm not sure now.

I'm sure it's none of our business as they are out of the cult and trying to live their lives, but they have become public figures and it has me curious.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

Big pharma is paying them too.
  6. Anonymous Member

*Tinfoil hat on* mebbe miscavige is paying them to draw attention away from him, with promises of a position when he goes into hiding with the big bag of 2k monies. aside from being short, most ppls wouldnt recognise lil davey on the street right? just another circus midget......
  7. Simonymous Member

Minor thing - I don't think Marty went to Australia. (I could have missed something, though.) Mike went with his girlfriend Christie and another Indie, and that trip was paid for by TodayTonight. They said at the end of his interview they didn't pay Mike for the story, but paid for the travel expenses as it was cheaper than sending a crew to America.

New Orleans was around the time he got married, so that probably counted as honeymoon. Plus they're not too terribly far away, maybe took a road trip. If I read right, Jason Beghe went along -- possible he gave them the trip as a wedding present? Guessing, of course.

Other than that, I think he has or had a job, plus he's auditing people; and had been at least "pay me what you think it's worth, half now, half when you get home." People tend to pay more when offered that.
  8. Anonymous Member

My 2 Cents: affluent Independents donate. The trip to the UK and Australia was paid by the media. The trips within the US might be also paid by the media or independent Scientologists. They want auditing, they pay his trip or just donate. Karen de La Carriere seems wealthy and she might support Mathry among others. Beghe might also one who throws financial support.
  9. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

He supplies audit junkies in the Freezone with their fix
  10. RightOn Member

AUDITING
  11. scino Member

I am rather disappointed in the media that they don't see through Rathbun / Rinder's game. They want their jobs back in the Church and use the media to achieve that. - They are extremely sensitive to critical comments about Scientology 'tech' which most likely means they are making money with auditing. - Jason Beghe is most likely one of their victims. Rathbun / Rinder are not friends of anonymous. They started their own franchise of the Church.

Jason Beghe ( Scientology is a con ) is back on the cans. With OT powers he could turn down offers and decide wether he would accept that role in Avatar 2 or just become the next James Bond, whatever.
  12. Anonymous Member

Didn't you know that as OT "supa powars" Rathbun and Rinder both have magic pockets & Magoo was an exotic dancer for several years before going on to build her own $million adult entertainment empire... ^^

Seriously, I doubt there is anything nefarious or scandalous about where they get their money.
  13. DeathHamster Member

14. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

Rathbun's and Rinder's brains may still be scrambled by the years they spent in the cult, but they are not stupid enough to want to go back. They realize they can make a better living peddling Hubbard's con game in the Freeezone, and can do it without all the media backlash and without the dysfunctional Sea Org freak show to contend with.

Rathbun and Rinder are looking to grab all the whales as they call them in Vegas, and sit them down at their Blackjack table instead of the cult's. The longer that Miscavige stays in power the better Marty's chances are of grabbing members. If the cult were to boot Miscavige and reform, there would be no need for scilons to leave and join Marty's cult.
  15. Jeff Jacobsen Member

In one early interview, I think with SP Times, Rathbun said he got an inheritance of $100k. Aside from that, it only takes one rich friend to keep the bills paid. A church in Phoenix had a building that seated 5000 but a congregation of about 150. But they had one rich benefactor that kept things going.
  16. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

Maybe a little double dipping...at the level he was, I'm sure he could've cooked some books of his own...
  17. s6xs6xs6x Member

I can only come up with one logical explanation for how he is funding himself. This is a horrible travesty and we must stop him before it is too late! We Need To Take Action Now! And what I am talking about you ask yourself? Of course I am talking about the 'Jews'.
  18. Anonymous Member

Beghe's auditing? Got a link?
  19. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

Mel, why don't you go home and beat up your wife or something? SRSLY.

Oh, that's right....you want us to suck your dick first before the jacuzzi. I forgot.....silly me.
  20. Anonymous Member

Beghe bailed him out...
  21. Triumph Member

bearcave.jpg
    Checking out underground railroad cave along the St Joseph river(seriously)

Link to Jeff Hawkins :Thought Stopping Blog Post on Martays KSW site.

also recent,..Picture of Marty and Jesse Prince
  22. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

It's my understanding that Jason Beghe is no longer a Scientologist, but considers Marty his friend, just as Jesse Prince is no longer a Scientologist and also considers Marty his friend.
  23. Anonymous Member

And how does that confirm that Beghe is auditing?
  24. Anonymous Member

Just wondering when the referree will jump in and call the game
    for OCD. or we there yet?
  25. Gottabrain Member

$100,000 inheritance? If so, that info would be available somewhere online. I don't believe it.

His "sealed lips" on speaking out against the C of S or giving details on the crimes, as well as the lack of speaking out of his followers stinks badly of being paid off by the C of S to sign legal statements.
  26. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

There was an interview with Tommy Davis, the one which wasn't filmed but was taped (i think with Bashir) where he spits the dummy and mentions that there was stuff that neither party could talk about and Tommy was so butthurt about it, which comes to mind.
  27. DeathHamster Member

Really? Marty isn't on my list of favourite people, but that's just Crazy Talk.

It seems more like wanting to reform Scientology by removing DM instead of bringing it all crashing down. (And just maybe wanting to take over to Keep Scientology Working.) Each time CoS has upped their Noisy Investigations and Fair Gaming, Marty and Friends have suddenly dumped another expose. First Punchy Dave, then forced abortions. Luckily Davie is a slow learner, so that'll repeat a few cycles.

CoS would love to tie Marty down with contracts (with penalties) about things that he can't say or do. Marty should talk to Gerry Armstrong about how well that works. Heh.

If people want to pay Marty for a hit of Auditine, hmm. It's not like he can force them, and they can always go elsewhere in the FZ to get their fix. That almost sounds like the protected right of the stupid to be separated from their money.
  28. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

?
  29. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

It doesn't, I highly doubt that he is auditing, since he knows Scientology is a steamy pile of shit. That is the point I was making
  30. Smurf Member

Family inheritances are not publicly-posted information unless the recipient posts it. Marty has alluded to the inheritance being in the bank when he was still in the church.
  31. Drunk Member

When Marty first popped up I was one of the few to give him the benefit of the doubt. I did it mainly because he had the endorsement of Jason Beghe. I even re posted their pic together here. After Marty started showing his true colors of course my opinion changed about him.

What really saddened me was reading the comments on one of Marty's postings in which Jason B was answering a question directly asked to him about his comments of Scientology being a con. While he did not explicitly say he was back on the cans, he said something to the effect that he will never stop searching for truth and he was open to many things being possible. The impression his answer gave me was basically that he had gotten back on the cans with Marty. On his famous interview with WBM Jason B talks about how they ( the church) basically fucked him up with non standard tech. We also know Marty has called himself a "troubleshooter" who would be called to fix people who had been fucked up by previous tech mishandles.

Also, if lets say Beghe is not back on the cans and still thinks of Scientology being a scam, why would he be helping someone who is making money from running that same scam onto others? The he is helping an old friend excuse is not valid if you know that old friend is making a living out of scamming money out of gullible people.

I don't have a link to that posting I mentioned above but unless it has been deleted that posting by Beghe I refer to was made sometime last year before the Paul haggis deal.

tl;dr: I'm convinced Beghe is back on the cans and if not, he a is a piece of shit by helping someone whom he knows is swindling money out of people in a long con. I chose to believe the former, Beghe seems to be a straight up good guy.
  32. Anonymous Member

Rathbun has not been to Australia in the last few months. You're confused.

He has friends who have excess loyalty points.

Also, how do we know he isn't working?
  33. Anonymous Member

It's old news. Google is your friend.
  34. Re: Where does Rathbun get all that money?

Perfect isnt it. And totally inline with the "DM fucked everything" angle. Its not scientology that messed you up it "black dianetics" etc.

The fact that Jason even posts on that abortion of a website is a strong indicator that he may be back on the cans. Even if you had many friends on that blog, if you had no interest in the subject matter you simply would have no reason to post there.