Customize

WHITE HOUSE DOUBLE CROSSES US

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Graham Berry, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Graham Berry Member

RE THE WHITE HOUSE PETITION TO EXAMINE THE GOVERNMENT'S FAILURE TO INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY.

UNBELIEVABLE!

WE RELIED UPON THE WHITE HOUSE REPRESENTATION OF 5,000 SIGNATURES IN 30 DAYS.

WE HAVE COLLECTED 2, 560 SIGNATURES IN 9 DAYS.

THE WHITE HOUSE JUST MOVED THE GOAL POSTS TO 25,000 SIGNATURES IN 30 DAYS.

THE IS DIRTY POOL, AS SOME WOULD SAY.

I SAY THAT IS GROUNDS FOR A REACTION.

THE QUESTION IS HOW WE REACT.
  2. EyeOnSci Member

When I refresh the page I see this:

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY OCTOBER 24, 2011 TO REACH GOAL OF 5,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

Add Your Name

Sign this Petition

A whitehouse.gov account is required to sign Petitions.

WHY?
  3. Anonymous Member

A petition?
  4. RavenEyes Member

Since I can't like it, let me just say "lol".
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

What makes you think that the threshold has been moved to 25,000 sigs?
  6. Anonymous Member

Hey! Your right, that function is gone. lol.
  7. Anonymous Member

Probably the same people who told him FBI halted all investigations into the cult
  8. Graham Berry Member

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions
    Says 25,000 and others first noted it and reported it to me before I went there and confirmed it, and then emailed a blistering email to the White House (WhiteHouse.gov/contact) but there is no way they would have reviewed and revised their number this quickly at this hour. Of course they may be using the 5,000 # elsewhere on the site. Anyway, I am off the air now for 12 hours (bed and then court). Give em' hell guys. This is as unfair as the White House protecting the bankers ...
  9. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/how-why/frequently-asked-questions

mods, forgive me my cross post, and those that tempt me into it
  10. James Spader Member

Ergo te absolvo.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Graham Berry Member

Confirmed: "The threshold will not be applied retroactively."

Okay, now that we've all been woken up let's get out 5,000 signatures before they change that statement too!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. RavenEyes Member

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011...ing-signature-threshold-white-house-petitions

• Like Like x 1
  13. SOJOA Member

WTF....I just signed one that had like 3800 sigs on it. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Oh fuck this noise.....Im calling on our areas activist. Ill hand out flyers like a motherfucker.....
    • Like Like x 1
  14. James Spader Member

Dominus vobiscum.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. SOJOA Member

oOPPS....i guess i noobed up. I forgot the petition link I signed. I really hope it doesnt effect the original.
  16. Anonymous Member

ex mero motu
  17. SOJOA Member

BTW spader sucks in "The Office" and I was raised catholic sooo.......
  18. James Spader Member

In loco parentis.
  19. James Spader Member

wat?
  20. Methinks they upped the threshold because a lot of petitions massively met the quota already. They're probably trying to shrink it down to the bare minimum of popular petitions (like legalizing marijuana and stuff) cuz they're too lazy to make a statement for over a hundred of those suckers that passed the 5,000 mark.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

cachinnus
  22. RavenEyes Member

She said in the notice I posted that they've already received almost 8000 petitions in a really short window of time. I was surprised, to be honest, that the threshold was as low as it was initially.

I wouldn't call that laziness. I'd prefer not to have my tax dollars spent on people having to research and respond to tens of thousands of possible freak-show petitions. I'd rather that my government focus on creating jobs, fixing the government, feeding the poor, etc. But, that's just me.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

you just did latin with the etc. in there. just sayin'. ok all done.
  24. RavenEyes Member

I'm full of surprises like that.
  25. Anonymous Member

It must get old, being so awesome that is. I struggle with it daily.
  26. adhocrat Member

illegitimi non carborundum
  27. RavenEyes Member

lol awesome. yeah, that's me. /sarcasm
  28. Chipshotz Member

Klaatu barada nikto!
  29. subgenius Member

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  30. Anonymous Member

I meant what I said. Being awesome is pretty fucking cool. Not a lot of people have awesome status. Own it.
  31. Anonymous Member

A good problem to have: Raising the signature threshold for White House petitions - Posted by Macon Phillips on October 03, 2011

Wow. Planning for the new We the People platform, we were confident the system would ultimately get a lot of use, but we expected it would take a little longer to get out into the ether and pick up speed. Let's just say our estimates were ... ahem ... a wee bit on the low side! In one week, more than 7,800 petitions have been created, more than 600,000 signatures have been logged and more than 375,000 people have created an account to participate in this platform. It's by far the biggest online engagement event ever for the White House - and we're just getting started.

That's what you call a good problem to have. Here's one thing we're doing to address it: The massive participation on We the People means that in the first week over 30 petitions reached 5,000 signatures, the initial threshold to generate an official response from the White House. At our first internal review meeting Friday, two things were clear: (a) everyone is thrilled about this new challenge and excited to process the first batch, but (b) this many petitions challenges our ability to offer timely and meaningful responses to petitions in the long term.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011...ing-signature-threshold-white-house-petitions
  32. Anonymous Member

Only on the precipice will they change! Loving it.
  33. In hoc signo vinces
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Nicely done, good sir.
  35. RavenEyes Member

You didn't read post #13, did you? :)
  36. Anonymous Member

Not until it was too late. :)
  37. RolandRB Member

2069 in 9 days. We are not even getting 100 votes per day now. Expect that to reduce. We should get 3000 at the end of the period but that is not enough to change anything. This is not a big deal with most people. They have more important issues bothering them. It is best to just do this for the fun and hope we get some wins along the way.
  38. Anonymous Member

WINNING!!!!
  39. Anonymous Member

Most people realize it's a waste of time. It's a petition.. a request.. for the White House to act. It has no enforcement power & the WH is not required to do anything and probably won't act on the petition. Like writing to your congressman, the White House would probably respond with a "we'll look into it & thank you for your interest" before pushing it under the rug.

If the FBI isn't going to seriously investigate the cult, what makes anyone think the White House is going to do anything?