Customize

WHITE HOUSE PETITION TO INVESTIGATE THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Graham Berry, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I hope you told them there is a legalize pot petition over there too. (that should get them to sign up)
  2. keep with the signatures people! the petition of recognizing extraterrestrial life already made their quota!
  3. Anonymous Member

As it should.
  4. Sautez Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. WagTheWog Member

/

Don't give up the fight!

/
  6. over9000OT Member

I pooned some suckahz that I know.

Also, I am thinking about going to the occupykc protest tomorrow with the tinyurl for the petition on my sign.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Xinjifar Member

It's hard to chant a tinyurl :)

Maybe put 'Petition to Prosecute Scientology' on the other side?
    "Ask Me How"
  8. Anon1999 Member

What about Craigslist?
  9. Xinjifar Member

Like: Riverside County/Gilman Hot Springs: Pink Legs and an Immelda Marcos size collection of shoe-lifts. Wall-Of-Fire Sale! Thursday; 2:00 PM. Ask for Heber.
  10. Graham Berry Member

To Sign the Petition:

You first have to register, wait for an instantaneous authenticating email, click on that and then vote.

More than one person (e.g. partners) can use the same computer to sign.

It only requires a unique name and a unique email address.

The same computer does not matter.

You do not have to state a zip code. Many people have not entered a zip code.

The fastest way to sign is to go directly to this link to register:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/user/register

THEN paste in this link and sign the petition

http://wh.gov/4Os
  11. Graham Berry Member

We have 30 days in which to get 5,000 signatures.

As of the 9th day we have over 2, 055 signatures.

In other words we have obtained over 40 % of the required signatures in less than 33 1/3 per cent of the permitted time.

We can do it. Yes, we can do it. If everyone gives it the old heave ho despite the slow two step White House registration and signature process.

Finally …

“THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULDN’T INTERRUPT THE PEOPLE DOING IT.”
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Etain Member

THIS times 9,000!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Graham Berry Member

UNBELIEVABLE!

WE RELIED UPON THE WHITE HOUSE REPRESENTATION OF 5,000 SIGNATURES IN 30 DAYS.

WE HAVE COLLECTED 2, 560 SIGNATURES IN 9 DAYS.

THE WHITE HOUSE JUST MOVED THE GOAL POSTS TO 25,000 SIGNATURES IN 30 DAYS.

THE IS DIRTY POOL, AS SOME WOULD SAY.

I SAY THAT IS GROUNDS FOR A REACTION.

THE QUESTION IS HOW WE REACT.
  14. EyeOnSci Member

I just refreshed the page where our petition is and this is what I see:

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY OCTOBER 24, 2011 TO REACH GOAL OF 5,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

Add Your Name

Sign this Petition

A whitehouse.gov account is required to sign Petitions.

WHY?
  15. Etain Member

Did you just say... 25,000 signatures?!

I'm pooning 'The Hathor Legacy' again to let them know the ante's just been uped.

We need to spread this everywhere. To every legitimate organization, every honest church, temple and mosque and let the people there know what Sci is up to and the kind of breaks they get.

Because an investigation needs to be underway years ago!
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Breathe Graham...good air in, bad air out... ;)
    See Bold Red below.
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/how-why/frequently-asked-questions
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Etain Member

19. Graham Berry Member

Confirmed: "The threshold will not be applied retroactively."

Okay, now that we've all been woken up let's get out 5,000 signatures before they change that statement too!
  20. Etain Member

Would be beyond awesome if we got over 25,000 signatures, though.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Sponge Member

Petition gets a mention and a link on Secular News Daily:
    http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/2011/10/04/more-whitehouse-gov-petitions-of-interest/
  22. RolandRB Member

Can we haz new graphs please?
  23. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. WagTheWog Member

/

With the reach of Anonymous, I'm finding it perplexing and frustrating that reaching the 5000 mark is so difficult. WTF?

/
  25. greebly Member

The OWS and other stuff has distracted alot of people Wtw and you can see the change in requirements of 5000 to 25000 highlights the importance even more.

Remember the Uk petition system now needs 100k sigs and the US system is simply realising the same. It is new therefore an opportunity to get in "cheap".
  26. RolandRB Member

27. WagTheWog Member

28. RolandRB Member

Can't you make that image a link to the petition as well so if you click on the image you go to the petition?

I think this whole petition thing for the US and the UK shows up how few active Anonymous members there are and their limited connections and limited influence on the Internet. That's not a bad thing but rather a much needed reality check. We'll never get 100K votes in the UK but if we can't get 5000 votes in the US then we need to do some serious naval contemplating.
  29. Anonymous Member

too true.

[IMG]
  30. J'accuse!

There are motherfuckers on this very forum who are not using crush-reg tech to 'influence' and 'persuade' family and friends to vote for this petition.

It's almost as if useless faggots never heard of Tone 40.

(Hint: threaten their eternity, job, family - it works!)

Anyone got the email addy for Big Pharma?
    • Like Like x 1
  31. greebly Member

Most don't seem interested Roland it is as simple as that. The sad part of it all it takes a tragedy or mention of a celeb for things to get noticed.

Others seem to think this is some jibe at the Govt. when it is simply asking questions.

Again the pessimistic seem to forget how politics works or diplomacy and this simple petition is a way of circumventing tragedies.

Imho it is not something focused on Mr Berry as it takes 1000s to sign it.

In the grand scheme of things ofcourse the Co$ is tiny, miniscule but it has "high profile members" and therefore those who were involved are still afraid of this miniscule entity.

Another easy "get out" is to compare it to attrocaties around the world, whereas this is happening in our own backyards.

Re current events you have the OWS movement, a movement that is positive and voices that feel something is wrong. Here you have a petition asking the Govt. directly through it is own mechanism the same question.

If there is nothing "wrong" don't sign it, if there is do.

Also for those who are still paranoid or afraid, talk to Janet she wrote a book.

inb4 using guilt-trip to get you to sign something... oh wait doesn't the Co$ do that? let's ask an "exe" or an indy.
  32. greebly Member

On another issue if somehow the amount of sigs are found.

We all know the generic response would be "yeah we leave these issues upto the various organisations"

But

you have a response to reference.

better than zero.
  33. Schwabe Member

I'm sorry to say that signatures develop as predicted:
    Smax=2768
    S(30d)=2238

peionstatus201110042130.jpg

Was absent the last days and got only one new value, but the fit would not differ much with more values at days 5 to 9.
  34. Anonymous Member

Send messages to that guy Thunderf00t on YouTube. In the past, he's talked about what a dangerous crock of shit Scientology is, even making a video about what sorts of strategies would be required to expose and disarm it. His videos get a jillion views and a shoutout from him would be enormous in helping us reach the goal.

I'm messaging him. You should too. Don't just sit on your ass, do something. Think of how much satisfaction it would be to be part of THE reason we hit the 5,000 mark. Do it. We got this, guys.
  35. Schwabe Member

Await new graph in some minutes ... with interesting differences and some hope!
  36. Anonymous Member

Now has 45k subs
  37. Schwabe Member

Ok, I can't sleep well this night anyway, so I had a second look and collected the data in this thread - which shows it was a good idea of some people to timestamp the counts here.
    The result is that the petition count does not follow a "passive" e function any more but has entered a clear linear phase - which shows the efforts of people supporting the petition have an impact.
    Translation: Anon delivers and is at cause!

However, the linear trend starting at day 6 currently results in 3792 signatures at day 30. But keeping up the pace and hoping for multiplying effects could get us over 5000!

peionstatus201110050010.jpg
  38. greebly Member

Now has 560k subs no retweet yet etc.
  39. Anonymous Member

Ok guys, I said it once and I'll say it again since you missed it the first time. This has fuckall to do with Anon's reach. It has bupkis to do with how America feels about the cult. It is none of the reasons that people are flapping their flan-holes about ITT.

It's plain.

It's simple.

The fucking petition sucks. It's a massive PITA to register and then the frigging petition doesn't work. I knew that there were going to be problems and I STILL got pissed while I was trying to get registered and logged on. Wanna know why the pot one passed? Because stoners have nothing better to do than trying to log on to a broken petition system. trufax
  40. EyeOnSci Member

There is a lot of truth in the fact that it is so difficult to vote. I had to walk someone through the process to help that person vote.

OTOH, other petitions are managing to get a lot of votes faster. Maybe a significantly greater amount of people are trying on the other petitions or the ones who are have succeeded in voting on the other petitions have more passion and to stick with it and figure out the problems of the sign up process.