Customize

WHITE HOUSE PETITION TO INVESTIGATE THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Graham Berry, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Graham Berry Member

We're at 1,795. Who is going to help us over the 1,800 hurdle?
  2. greebly Member

1803 but waaay to sloow. even Athene/reese have not RT'd even though thier channel started from this:(
  3. Anonymous Member

4. RolandRB Member

1824 two whole days later.

235 in two days.

US citizens do not care.

This petition is doomed.
  5. don_quixote Member

Petitions ARE NOT based on Facts at all.

A petition states that a certain number of people believe the Government should TAKE ACTION against something

If you wanted to you could start a petition to bring back SEGREGATION in this country.....Good luck getting enough signatures for that.

Is Segregation fair?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! But there's nothing to stop people from trying to ask politicians to revive it (hey I think some are already trying)

There's no such thing as a "fair" petition......It does not exist.

I'll be following you tildacity. I'm ready to debate toe to toe with you on anything

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
  6. Anonymous Member

breathe...
  7. Anonymous Member

Its a troll, don't feed.
  8. don_quixote Member

But I'm Don Quixote.....

I am sworn to fight witches, giants, evil knights, and trolls

I have a noble quest to accomplish an Impossible Dream!!!!!!

but yeah maybe I'll let it be (just this time)
  9. Anonymous Member

Another video to pull in more signatures:
  10. Anonymous Member

loled at the choice of music
  11. Anonymous Member

No U

Not doomed, but the momentum does need to be kept up.

On things like polls etc., a good script and a few fat pipes can get the numbers up to >9000 very quickly but that would only serve to invalidate a petition of this sort. This is onezy twozeys, each entry requiring an individual registration on the site. It's going to move more slowly than we're sometims used to but it's almost half way to the mark already. There's no reason why it can't get there.

inb4statsaredue

Keep up the good werks!
  12. greebly Member

Stuck at 1846 anyone else tweeting?

Join the livesteam OWS chats
  13. Anonymous Member

The Petition "Fully legalize same sex marriage across the nation" got 7,518 in 8 day.

Graham, can you let the gay community know Scientology is against same sex marriage, and in the same time about our petition? you will get all we need in 2 days.
  14. WagTheWog Member

*** Good Idea?? ***

Is there any way to tie the news-worthy-ness of the A-MAZING email leak (<-- link) with the effort to get the White House petition signed? The revelations from the leak, even at this early stage of review, are very interesting and instructive (e.g. they can postulate cancer away... of course the person "dropped their body" anyway... or another one where a guy is taking care of his dying wife and they still tell him he needs to come in for auditing).

/
    • Like Like x 2
  15. greebly Member

I think from now on when a news outfit does any story on Scientology at all remind them why this Petition only got a few thousand signatures.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

Leveraging the leak to work the petition could work. Need some media.

BTW, good to see you around again WTW. :)
  23. xenubarb Member

This is an interesting article, especially for those interested in Scientology's internal member control mechanisms. We've identified some reasons; having too much invested in it to quit, fear of losing family and business...but what of pressure from co-workers? In the above article, we find the following in attempts to get Edward McBride back in the fold:

24. WagTheWog Member

Thanks . . . on both responses!
    I guess I needed a break, as well as to focus on some of my own life-things.
    I'm back . . . for now anyway ;)

Download the original QuickTime file (35MB):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rc141qj1xax4ein
    /
    /
    • Like Like x 5
  25. Graham Berry Member

We are now over 1,850 signatures and within striking distance of topping 2,000 signtures by the end of today, one week after starting the petition.

To encourage the hestitant to sign, and to circulate the petition link and request, for others to sign, I have reposted Tony Ortega's 1999 story on some of what the Church of Scientology's Office of Special Affairs has done to destroy my life and career. The article is called "Double Crossed" and appeared in the Los Angeles Weekly and the Phoenix New Times.

You can read it at https://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/GrahamBerry.LA
    • Like Like x 1
  26. greebly Member

1 RT today no big followers yet have RTed though.
  27. DeathHamster Member

28. RolandRB Member

Less than 100 votes on a Saturday.

This petition is doomed.

The US does not care.

Perhaps we need to try a new angle.
  29. RolandRB Member

• Like Like x 3
  30. Etain Member

Maybe poon Stephen Colbert? Encouraging him to mention it on his show may be of help and bring it to a huge audience. Maybe Anderson Cooper, too. He's done a lot of good investigative Scientology pieces.

If we can get those guys to talk about it on their shows, this petitions a done deal.
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Xenu Is Lord Member

I think if we could poon the Amazing Atheist to do a video or mention the petition we could get a shitload of hits. He often gets 30,000 or more hits in less than a day on his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingAtheist
    • Like Like x 2
  32. WagTheWog Member

^^ Just did both. Moar people doing this will help. . . . plox.

/
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

/r/ target to fire on for Colbert... plox
  34. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Don't think he'd give much of a fuck, though if you put it in a bunch of other lulzy/ridiculous petitions that he could focus more on, it could get a mention, maybe if you're lucky :p
  35. subgenius Member

Thank God for atheism.
  36. WagTheWog Member

37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

How about going back to the roots of Chanology and asking /b/ for help? Anyone try this yet?
  39. Ike Drifter Member

I just shot a link to the petition to Pat Condell. He has posted rant videos about Scientology before, and I told him that a video from him would probably get the remaining signatures overnight. It probably would, too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/patcondell
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Etain Member

• Like Like x 2