Customize

Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by KittyKatSpanker, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege

Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege | Moving On Up a Little Higher

spd_118_p1.jpg?w=500&h=804.jpg

spd_118_p2.jpg?w=500&h=808.jpg

spd_118_p3.jpg?w=500&h=828.jpg
  2. anonsoldier Member

Re: Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege

Thank you Marty, for telling us what we already knew. We (and by we I mean Anonymous and all the other REAL critics) only did all the legwork for you.

You, by the way, do not deserve to speak, let alone thank the Headleys. They are both brave folks who've stepped forward and told their tale to the public. I'm very much waiting for your tell-all confession where you ADMIT to the crimes you've committed while working for David Miscavige. I'm sure he coerced you into it, or created a climate of fear that made you do it, or whatever excuse you want to make. The truth is, you broke the law and it's time to 'fess up.
  3. Anonymous Member

Well put.
  4. subgenius Member

And yet the point he makes is quite exploitable.
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yes, and it's more important than Mahty or what happens to him, too.
  6. anonsoldier Member

...I never said we shouldn't exploit it. I've been using the "Priest-penitent privilege" point to every single one of my Catholic friends when I explain their many crimes and lies. Seems they don't like false comparisons to confessionals.

The thing is, we've been trying to use this for a while. We'll probably be the ones who DO do something with this.

I agree, the cause comes first and Marty will get his in the end (assuming he doesn't already...)
  7. xenubarb Member

This just reinforces my suspicions that Marty is nothing but a parasite, taking the work of others and somehow putting himself in a position to take credit for it.

What else is he doing? Why, he's gotten people to buy him stuff; in exchange he will put cans in their hands and take them to the Van Allen Belt.

He's selling the same crappy piece of blue sky Hubbard packaged, but somehow he's managed to bypass RTC's wrath.

Warner Erhart didn't. Alan Walters didn't. Both were flogging their own versions of the tech and RTC was on them like stink on rice.

Yet...Martay...people be donating all this nice MEST and he riding fat in the "I'm not DM" catbird seat.

He's just a distraction, a tick, a tapeworm; he's been a bloodsucker his whole life and knows no different.

What needs to happen is the destruction of Scientology's financial base. Reparations, taxes, living wage for SO; things that will drain the coffers quicker. They still have plenty of resources. Perhaps soon, RTC will have more resources than meat bodies keeping the system limping along.

I think it's important to leave nothing of organized Scientology that Marty can fan back into flames.
  8. Anonymous Member

Isn't the latest tactic for them to get family members still in to sign affidavits which are just the same info culled from those files but spun to be "from their own perspective"?
  9. Nancy Beazley Member

I hadn't heard this yet, but it's no surprise. If true, this is interesting psychological brutality: Forcing family members to slander their own relatives in writing.

Geez. Wouldn't want to have to sort out that shit afterward.
  10. the_cloak Member

The RTC is falling apart. The reason they aren't going after him is that he can take them with him. He has enough dirt to put Miscavige and Co in jail, along with himself. Like the coward he is, he will only play that card if he is left with no other choice. So they are walking on eggshells around him until they can find a way to deal with him.

The longer that takes, the worse for them. This Freezoner vs Scientology schizm is tearing the cult apart. The latest OT VIII defection is just a part of that ongoing drama. If Marty does topple DM, and it is possible, there will be a major fight over copyrights and ownership of this and that. But even if Marty somehow wrangles his way through that and comes into control of all this, the cult is still a dead duck. The same reasons never to join still exist. The public will see it as a joke and during the chaos of DM's fall, some pretty serious stuff will probably come out that at the least will poison the name Scientology even more. At worst we will learn things so bad that the feds will roll in and seize all of their assets and shut them down for good. I kind of hope that is how it ends. The govt could use the money and this organized crime ring needs to be disbanded for good.
  11. Bipolart Member

I've always had a problem with their "confessionals".
    Some Catholic friends of mine are deeply disturbed by a description of these "confessions". I'm suprised the Catholics haven't made a bigger stink about it.
  12. grebe Member

The timing of this, coming on the heels of the "SECOND DECLARATION OF LANCE MARCOR," has my tin foil glowing red hot.

Mr. Marcor states that certain communications between Kyle Brennan's father, his auditor, his case supervisor, and OSA Int are missing from the files surrendered to the court. The basis of his argument is that unlike auditing files, ethics files are not considered confidential in Scientology. He offers several pieces of evidence. One that I recall is the instruction to the auditor to tell the preclear, "I am not auditing you," if the questioning is part of an ethics procedure. The preclear is expected to understand that "I am not auditing you" means, essentially, that the material produced in the session will be shared with others.

Marty's presentation of this material at this time suggests that he remains involved with the CoS in a PR manner.

BRB, ordering extra-large popcorn...
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

15. Tetrahedron Member

You had me at "Wholesale Violations"
  16. Re: Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege

Rat-Burn is a good Scientologist. He just asked himself, "What would Ron do?"
  17. Anonymous Member

I have not seen this document before. Has it been leaked prior to this posting on Marty's blog?
  18. Anonymous Member

Interesting anon, as the document looks over-lawyered and buffed specifically for wog consumption --e.g., how often are publics and sea ogres encouraged to take Black's Law Dictionary seriously?

If the scanned policy above was indeed drafted in 1985 (rather than last Thurs lol), I'd think than many in the Scientology critic community would be familiar with it. Surely the church has used it before to stop inquiries into their files.

IANAL, but the alleged missing docs in the Kyle Brennan case is serious business. Withholding evidence is usually interpreted as an admission of guilt.
  19. Re: Wholesale Violations of Priest-Penitent Privilege

Scanned doc is real - have seen it before.

Big hoo-har was raised when this was released back in '85 - meant orgs had to get stamps made and all ethics and pc files were stamped with "priest-penitent privilege etc. etc. "

Was so "police can't use stuff in 'em to attack Scientology" we were told at the time.
  20. Anonymous Member

Yeah, the bastard.
  21. DeathHamster Member

Still waiting for evidence that Marty has any kind of Mutual Assured Destruction deterrence in his pocket.

Better (and higher ranking) ex members have tried and failed over the years.
  22. DeathHamster Member

That would have been fallout from the Toronto Snow White police raid in 1983.
  23. Anonymous Member

Interesting. So this document, which itself is *not* covered by the priest-penitent privilege, and can be verified by ex-scientologists as being legitimate, creates the framework for an "information pipeline" to whomever controls Scientology. An OSA op can be asked in auditing to reveal what he learned or did on a mission. That is placed in a folder which can't be introduced in a criminal proceeding as it is protected under privilege.

Sneaky.
  24. Anonymous Member

Seems to me that an organizations' internal disciplinary procedures are NOT confidential within the organization. Ergo, not the same as priest-penitent.
  25. Ron B DED Member

Yes, it was leaked on WWP in August 2010, along with a number of Scientology Policy Directives

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/r-spd-pay-benefits-mission-staff-70026/#post1303121

Direct link

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I think this particular SPD that Marty mentions was leaked separately and earlier than the leak above, but I don't remember which WWP thread or when.
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

Another example of "quasi-similar" behavior to another organisation that will "appeal" to the wog world. But the catholic church, as a policy, does not:
    - transcript, tape or videotape the confession,
    - file this information,
    - use it, directly or via family members affidavits, in its handling of ex-members or critics.
  27. Anonymous Member

Ah, nice. That Marty Rathbun jerk is taking credit for others' work.

I guess I'm going to have to take your word for it since to do otherwise would interrupt our automatic bashing of Marty.