Customize

Why do you still protest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Why do you still protest?

I disliked the protests. Going to them, that is. Love the efficiency. Numbers don't matter. Time and time again 1-2 protesters have shut down an org for hours. Others enjoy going to them and that's good.

I do get bored, and drift away for awhile. Or get busy irl and need space. Then some days I will spend a few hours trolling a few boards, doing some facebook infiltration, or hell, even childish stuff like ringing orgs randomly on a prepaid mobile or skype and playing OTIII down the line after a minute or two of scilon speak to put them at ease.

Most of the other anons I actually know are the same. This isn't some all or nothing attempt for a lot of us, we put in the time and the effort when we can, because destroying an evil cult is fun as well as the good thing to do.
  2. Anonymous Member

THANK YOU!!! :O)
  3. Rockyj Member

Ditto, I meant to say that but got a bit carried away.
  4. beef Member

If I can help just one person become aware of what they are getting in to and dissuade them from joining the cult, I've made a difference I can be proud of. Plus the lulz.
  5. charlie Member

I don't physically get out on the streets and protest any more, who wants to protest in front of locked up org and a derelict building.
  6. veravendetter Member

trufax . except when you're on ideal org recon missions, with ya camo paint and leaves in ya hat!
  7. Anonymous Member

I won't stop until Brooke Shields is finally allowed to take her meds
  8. Anonymous Member

QFT. All of those Anons that were there at the beginning helped to make up the inital wave of the tsunami that hammered down on the sandcastle of Scientology. That made it that much easier for those of us to continue to gradually erode it.

It was that first onslaught that set the stage for exes and the media to stand up to the intimidation of the Church, knowing that it had essentially been defanged.
  9. zebrafaced Member

It got boring when they postponed the opening of my "Ideal Mission." They're still way behind schedule on it. Must be from washing the chalk off of their doorstep.
  10. Anonymous Member

^^^ <3<3<3
  11. Re: Why do you still protest?

I like trolling. And Sci-fags are delicious easy lulz.

Now fuck off OP
  12. Anonymous Member

sbpwzebrahead.jpg
  13. Anonymous Member

When the abuses stop, and the last org closes, then I'll hang up my mask. This is a dangerous organization. Letting them continue unchecked would have global implications. They've stated many times that their goal is to take over the world. Better to nip it now while we still have the freedom to think for ourselves. Every little bit helps. At the protests, many people stop to ask why we do what we do. They leave with knowledge. That's a powerful weapon. Even those who sit at home making flyer designs and internet raids help immensely. We have a long way to go, but just think what it would be like if we weren't there.
  14. Bipolart Member

^^^^
    This
  15. Anonymous Member

2+ years ago, the Los Gatos Org parking lot had many cars. Students were studying and PC's were getting auditing. The recent flash raids have shown the parking lot to be empty most times. There is no drove of students flocking to the course room like in the past.

I was surprised at how empty their lot was. I realized that our small group of protesters ranging in numbers from 18 anons at a protest to just 1 at times, (Big Hugs adhocrat), has managed to get the word out to our community that scientology Sucks.

I also stay, because I know Pacman will return once again with great lulz and Tanuk.
  16. AnonyMary Member

Why don't you just stop posting here while you're at it.
  17. Annia Lilith Member

FOR THE LULZ!!!

lulz2.jpg
  18. The Moon Member

Because they're still not gone yet, because it's still entertaining, and because I like watching people rage when they were proclaiming that this would never last more than a month or two.

Also because they've weathered worse in the past.
  19. Anonymoosh Member

Because the little I can do is better than doing nothing, because doing the right thing is better than doing nothing.
    Because doing nothing means they can carry on doing what they have been doing.
  20. BigBeard Member

I became involved, and stay involved, because at it's most basic corporate $cientology is evil. And before the OG, and now Anon's, began shining the light on that evil, it's influences were spreading into places in government and business where it does not belong.

That I cannot ignore.

BigBeard
  21. Anonymous Member

Authority Zero &lt;3
  22. Anonymous Member

Lol get over yourself. You're doing a good thing but you really are making fuck all difference in the world. Scientology isn't some evil empire poised to take over the world. It's a goofy UFO cult that cons people out of their moneys. Lmao "global implications."
  23. the anti Member

I've seen a few videos of how scientology's plan is to "clear" the planet, and right now I'm having trouble finding one of them
  24. Anonymous Member

Hello.
  25. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

^^^ That is it right there!

Nahh... you made damn good points. Thing is, I don't think its a &quot;one size fits all&quot; reason they do disconnect with families. These people are told that SPs will do horrid things to them and become afraid. Granted, that is a bunch of crap. However, if you are told repeatedly that bad things will happen if you do X, you begin to believe it. If you fundamentally believe that (X == bad things) then you would want to avoid X at all cost, even if X is honestly not bad for you in reality.

What it comes down to is that they believe Scientology works and helps people fully &amp; without question. They just don't see the harm and hurt that it does to themselves and others.
  26. Anonymous Member

dbhbhf.jpg

Y I Protest

27. Anonymous Member

For the boobs.

I have gotten to feel up more boobs on femanons since I started than in the 5 years before I even knew what scilontology was.

And I love the boobs.

28. MailerDemon Member

I do it for the promiscuously-dressed femanons.
  29. ravenanon Member

Wow your uneducated. Snowwhite anyone? Seen all the politicians they wine and dine.

I protest cause i'm not done until the cult is done.

Besides where else would I share all my typos
  30. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  31. RightOn Member

That is some huge wall of narrow text! yikes!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. genoramix Member

ahem....although Anonymous has done great(i should more say chanology, because in the world of anons, chanology is almost a blip on the radar now), remember it's still "just" a cult, and if we wouldn't be here, the world wouldn't give a shit(or almost). Moreover, there was no chance that scientology could take over the world(lobbying certainly though) since the era of the internet. I like to think about chanologists as useful entertainers, and while the cause is worth it, we are not changing the world, just a tiny part of it. Moreover the parts of the world where scientology is really dangerous is not really covered by anonymous, because lack of technology/poverty/internet etc. so the battle is far from being over, unless we "kill" the main head of the hydra.

We are useful. We are fucking up an international mafia, and ok it's huge, but it concerns mostly those who were once involved in the scam, or those who like soap operas of this kind.

We help. But then again, in the tiny world of scientology.

To me, the most important think Anonymous managed to accomplish is showing the world the power of the internet, the power of those fighting for free speech via new technologies, that numbers are not that important as long as there is will, but hey....there are still more important things to stand for.

So no need to parade like if we were defeating the 3rd reich.

We can be proud, but i think it's good to keep it at a reasonable level.

and no i'm not trolling.
  33. Anonymous Member

For the chicks.
  34. Re: Why do you still protest?

Because I was raised in a cult.
    Because my family moved away from friends and relatives when I was young to be closer to a Scientology org.
    Because I was taken to a Road to Freedom concert when I was a child.
    Because I only went to Scientology private schools and have a hard time relating to non-culties.
    Because I spent most of a decade getting mind-fucked in the Sea Org.
    Because I can't talk to family or friends about Scientology without worrying about getting disconnected from them.
    Because they published a document in my name saying I have, "Gross and glaring out-points."
    Because they made me think I was saving the world when I was doing the opposite.
    Because I wasn't given a choice.
    Because years after I think I am over it, I still have nightmares.
    Because now that I know, I have to do something.
  35. Anonymous Member

WTF is this?!? tl;dr
  36. Re: Why do you still protest?

I show up, grown adults start foaming at the mouth like terminal stage rabies patients, I lol.

What could possibly be a more entertaining way to spend an afternoon?
  37. Re: Why do you still protest?

In the time I've been protesting, I have noticed a substantial drop in the number of people at the orgs. Every single one of these is a person who is regaining their life. That's not nothing.
  38. tazor Member

I just like wearing a nun costume. And a mask. I was always a big sucker for Halloween.
  39. Re: Why do you still protest?

I've spent all this time and money getting up to level SP VIII, sure these SP powers are mind blowing and I have complete cause over cult, and yes I know I could stop now, but why would I? when the SP Super Powers Rundowns are so close to being release.

The Fastest Growing Protest on the planet
  40. Rockyj Member

OMG this is why I love Anonymous!
    & why I protest!

BTW OP must be under 21 if that bored.