Customize

Why do you still protest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Why do you still protest?

I miss Pacman too & Tanuk!
  2. thevoxbox Member

From what I've seen, Scientologists operate using misinformation, carefully tailored sales techniques, and general taking-advantage-of people who don't know better. To the average person, or the average recruit even, those things can be pretty effective tools in leading them astray, especially if they have no other sources telling them they're being fooled.

I think Anon's presence is a really important reminder that a closer look needs to be taken, and Anon also provides counter-information so that people can be aware of what's really going on instead of having to trust that the dude in a pressed shirt with a big smile knows how to help them while he pickpockets their wallet.

Summary: Somebody's got to tell the truth because they sure aren't.
  3. Anonymous Member

Unlike many of those who habitually wear Big Smiles,
    its breathtaking just how quickly that auditor smile will fade
    when you insist on specifics of "just how they are going to help you".
  4. Gottabrain Member

I still protest because only a small portion of the truth is known to the public and we have not yet had justice.

I protest because I was there and I saw it with my own eyes and experienced it.

I protest because I'm still amazed how many Anons care even though they weren't there and its only fair.

C of S stole 9 years of my life directly and how much more indirectly.

Payback is a bitch. And its not over yet.
  5. Re: Why do you still protest?

Go tough gal. Glad you on our side ;)
  6. Re: Why do you still protest?

I don't actively protest due to time restraints but my commitment to Anonymous is stronger than ever.

I think as with a lot of things, people get bored when the instant gratification high is no longer there.

I prefer to talk to people about Anonymous and educate about the CoS - I get exposure to a lot of Doctors and Dentist's in my circle of friends and a lot of them get sucked into the "Management Expertise" seminars - so I enjoy letting them in on the secret and then giving them the link to whyweprotest.net.

So far - 100% success rate in getting them to stop before they lose their practices.
  7. Little_Sister Member

The most important person in my life was the proudest of me he saw that I was standing up for what I believed in and what I thought was right, instead of just saying "Someone should do something!" and forgot about it.
    On his deathbed I promised him I would not stop until they were gone. Even if I am the last person worldwide screaming at a building and planting YFTC's-then so be it.
  8. Bipolart Member

And you look mighty fine in that habit, lol.

I was actually thinking of going to a costume shop and renting something.

Don't know what, but the possibilities are staggering.
  9. Anonymous Member

I have to finish something to the end, you have a deathbed promise...in it til the end guuuuurll. <insert shiny metal teeth, or a grill>
  10. Re: Why do you still protest?

For me.... This ^^^^^
  11. Soljenitsyne Member

I protest because they're a fantastic enemy to have.
    And because the ways of the Lord are impenetrable.
  12. anonymous612 Member

Because it amuses me to do so and makes our OSA agent's face turn wonderful shades of purple.
  13. StinkyFingaz Member

One falls, ten will take his place.
  14. Gottabrain Member

Heya Racecar, Little Sis, Recovering Scn, And Fingaz!

:) I'm glad ALL of us are on the same side!!
  15. Anonymous Member

^^^^^ THIS
  16. Radio Paul Member

I started in the last year. Why? The same reason people protested in front of the South African Embassy during Apartheid or Civil Rights during the 60's in the south. Because I care and it is needed.
  17. AnubisMTL Member

Doing it for two years now and loving every bit of it. I met tremendous individuals and the local memes we created in our local anon cell will never die. Never had this much fun in ages.
  18. mollie2810 Member

Anonymous vs. $cientology is just fucking hilarious.
    I also love the soap opera that I am following since more than 2 years now.
    I didn't forget the victims.
    I can't stand injustice and won't stop until this creepy cult is done.
    I don't want people like sparrow to lose their back up.
    I made a lot of friends here that I care about and even I think that $ciloons are stupid to fall for that shit, I also see them as victims and want to help to get them out.
    And or course for the LULZ. It's just so fucking funny. XD