Customize

Why I Support Marty by Mark Bunker

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Marty sez... Whatever Mark Bunker’s views, and whatever I may think of them, Mark Bunker is a decent, honest guy. I thought so when I saw him in Clearwater in 2000 when he was the video guy for the Lisa McPherson trust. I thought so when I saw his famous video beseeching Anyonymous to tone it down a few years back (garnering him the handle Wise Beard Man – or Wisebeardman). I thought so when he volunteered to convert my original trashy one page webpage into a WordPress blog format. And I think so today. Bunker has kind of taken on the role of Little Switzerland, or Big Switzerland depending on your point of view, in the ecclectic community of ex-Radical Corporate Scientologists and never-Scientologists protesting corrupt cultic practices carried out in the name of Scientology.

Guest Editorial
    by Mark Bunker, aka Wisebeardman

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/why-i-support-marty-guest-editorial/

2. SwordofTruth Member

Good level headed post by Mark.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

4. COREarg Member

I'm not a Marty!Hater, so I actually can accept that WBM keeps it in grays. And I actually like the fact that Mark had helped him even though he didn't knew him.

As someone who is not able to help anyone without asking for something in exchange, I must admit I'm a little jelly of this attitude.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

If you do without having, your beingness increases...according to this one crazy nutjob loon who is responsible for all of us being here on this website.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

gary-coleman.jpg

Nigga pleez.
  7. mongrel Member

Wait....wut???? Marty respects Bunker in part because he helped for free? Isn't that "out-exchange"? And shouldn't Marty despise Bunker for doing that? Sounds like Mahty is squirrelling the tech?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hicks Member

10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

Posted on July 27, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 8 Comments

Whatever Mark Bunker’s views, and whatever I may think of them, Mark Bunker is a decent, honest guy. I thought so when I saw him in Clearwater in 2000 when he was the video guy for the Lisa McPherson trust. I thought so when I saw his famous video beseeching Anyonymous to tone it down a few years back (garnering him the handle Wise Beard Man – or Wisebeardman). I thought so when he volunteered to convert my original trashy one page webpage into a WordPress blog format. And I think so today. Bunker has kind of taken on the role of Little Switzerland, or Big Switzerland depending on your point of view, in the ecclectic community of ex-Radical Corporate Scientologists and never-Scientologists protesting corrupt cultic practices carried out in the name of Scientology.
    Guest Editorial
    by Mark Bunker, aka Wisebeardman
    It may be surprising to some to see comments from me on Marty’s
    blog but I feel kind of at home here as a visitor. I don’t agree
    with everything Marty writes but I enjoy reading what he has to say
    and I’ve learned a lot from following his posts. I’m also indebted
    to him for exposing a lot of newsworthy stories since this blog
    launched. It’s seems like virtually every day there’s some tidbit
    that rumbles the ground at the Int Base. Enough tremors keep
    happening and he might actually shatter the locks on the doors and
    free people like Heber Jentzsch from captivity.
    I’ve been speaking out about Scientology’s deceptive and abusive
    side since 1999. In 2000 and 2001, I moved to Clearwater, Florida
    to work with Bob Minton and Stacy Brooks at the Lisa McPherson
    Trust. We may not have gone about it the best way possible (okay,
    we didn’t) but we were there because we wanted to draw attention to
    abusive practices like disconnection that are still hurting members
    of Scientology today. Even then, we were open to working with
    people like Greg and Debra Barnes who still believed in Hubbard and
    the tech but wanted to get their message out that management was
    squirreling the tech, forcing six-month sec checks on people doing
    OT VII and declaring them Suppressive for daring to quote Hubbard’s
    policy to back up their charges.
    http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?cat=176

I bumped into Marty once during that time and encountered Mike
    Rinder on several occasions, notably during the first picket the
    LMT did after opening our doors. Bob’s message that night was
    “Reform Scientology now. Dump David Miscavige.” Years later, Marty
    would tell me that another message that stuck with him from that
    time was “It’s Safe to Look, It’s Safe to Talk.”
    Bob Minton faced a global assault from Scientology until he
    couldn’t take it any more and caved. Bob made mistakes, as we all
    do, and Scientology exploited those mistakes. I witnessed the
    assault and the heavy toll it took on him. He was a good and
    decent man and he was my hero. I recently sat down and interviewed
    Mike Rinder who oversaw the campaign against Bob. Here’s a very
    brief clip from that interview:

There are many critics of Scientology who can’t forgive Mike and
    Marty for their actions while in Scientology. I’m sure there are
    many Scientologists who will never forgive me for speaking out
    against Scientology. I’d rather look past that black and white
    attitude and find a way to communicate and curb the abuses that
    brought Bob Minton into this fight to begin with and that are now
    being hurled against people like Mike and Marty.
    I said I felt at home here at this blog. Part of the reason is
    that I set this blog up for Marty. I did it because I wanted to
    hear what he had to say. He had a webpage up that was hard to read
    and I’m sure was hard for him to update. I took a couple hours one
    Sunday afternoon just taking the information he had published and
    putting it into this blog format. I sent him the link and told him
    I’d be happy to walk him through using the site if he wanted to do
    so. We had never talked or met and I wasn’t sure he would welcome
    my intrusion but he liked the idea so for a couple weeks I answered
    his questions and cleaned up the formatting on posts he made, then
    the training wheels were off and he was up and running on his own.
    Since then he has dwarfed my site’s readership and changed
    Scientology’s landscape, and I learn new things almost every day.
    I’m currently making a feature film documentary about Scientology
    called Knowledge Report. The basic point of the film is that people
    can believe anything they want but Scientology doesn’t have the
    right to behave anyway it chooses. I’ve interviewed several
    Independent Scientologists and plan to interview more soon. You
    may not agree with every aspect of the film but I think overall you
    should be happy with the finished product. Here’s a little sample
    of some of the people who have agreed to be part of the film:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UyVMwz51ybE
    The film is being financed through donations at IndieGoGo.com. If
    you’d be interested in helping, you can make a donation here:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/knowledge-report
    If you have suggestions for the film you can contact me at
    markbunker@gmail.com. I look forward to your feedback.
  12. Xenu Is Lord Member

It looks like the noose is tightening around DM's neck and every time people talk to each other he hates it! Trust me this is driving him more crazy than anyone can imagine. I bet he has cocks all lined up on Hollywood Blvd to beat for hours on end over this.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

I bet it would bother him even more if they went to the feds instead.
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Saul Goodman Member

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/07/scientology_apo.php

For Scientology watchers, a stunning development tonight that, not so long ago, we can hardly imagine happening.

That Mark Bunker, dean of the old time Scientology critics, would write a guest post on Marty Rathbun's blog this evening -- well, I would be hardly more surprised if a Michael Wolff editorial appeared in tomorrow's Wall Street Journal with a glowing preface by Rupert Murdoch.

Rathbun, who not so many years ago was charged with keeping tabs on critics like Bunker in his role as one of the highest executives in Scientology, is well aware what a surprising turn this is:

Whatever Mark Bunker's views, and whatever I may think of them, Mark Bunker is a decent, honest guy.
    Rathbun, as inspector general of the Religious Technology Center, answered only to Scientology's ultimate leader, David Miscavige. As we've pointed out numerous times before, Rathbun was an enforcer, a fixer, and went after Scientology's perceived enemies seemingly with glee. But in 2004 he left the organization and then two years ago began suddenly speaking out against Miscavige at his blog, "Moving On Up a Little Higher."
    Tonight, we learn the surprising secret that when Rathbun needed help setting up his blog, he received help from an unlikely source: Mark Bunker.

(I am having deja vu: 12 years ago, when I wrote about Tory Christman leaving Scientology, what set her on the road to defection was in part some helpful tech advice from Operation Clambake operator Andreas Heldal-Lund. The web: its power is amazing.)
    Bunker is well known as Wise Beard Man, the calm, rational, and most influential of old time Scientology critics, who famously counseled Anonymous to reign in some of its excesses.

As Rathbun points out, he encountered Bunker at protests in Florida over the death of Lisa McPherson, and even then had respect for Bunker's professionalism. But still, it's hard to see these two as bosom buddies.

Rathbun is reviled by many in the Anonymous movement who believe he is too tainted by his time as Scientology's enforcer to take his anti-Scientology efforts seriously today.
    And besides, Rathbun may be out of the official church, but he still considers himself a Scientologist. His blog is as much about rescuing L. Ron Hubbard from the organization he created as it is about tearing down Miscavige. Bunker and other old time critics take apart Hubbard and his "technology" as much as they do the church itself. How could these two be anything but enemies?
    We'll let Bunker explain:

I don't agree with everything Marty writes but I enjoy reading what he has to say and I've learned a lot from following his posts. I'm also indebted to him for exposing a lot of newsworthy stories since this blog launched. It's seems like virtually every day there's some tidbit that rumbles the ground at [Scientology's secretive California headquarters] the Int Base. Enough tremors keep happening and he might actually shatter the locks on the doors and free people like [president of the Church of Scientology International] Heber Jentzsch from captivity.
    I've been watching Scientology for a long time, and there's one thing I know for sure: Mark Bunker does not make a statement like that lightly. You can almost feel the locks at Int Base loosening.

But Bunker knows the criticisms of Rathbun and Mike Rinder, another former high-ranking official who defected in 2007:

There are many critics of Scientology who can't forgive Mike and Marty for their actions while in Scientology. I'm sure there are many Scientologists who will never forgive me for speaking out against Scientology. I'd rather look past that black and white attitude and find a way to communicate and curb the abuses that brought Bob Minton into this fight to begin with and that are now being hurled against people like Mike and Marty.
    There's much more in the statement, as well as a plug for Bunker's documentary, which he's making with the help of donations. Sure, posting at Rathbun's blog is a smart move for Bunker, who could use the exposure to Rathbun's audience and the funds that might bring. But as the two now reveal, it was Bunker who helped Rathbun two years ago to get his blog going in a way that enabled it to grow.

I called Rathbun tonight to ask him about it. "I didn't even know what a blog was. I had a one-page web page, and a lot of people would tell me it's a piece of shit. Then Mark Bunker contacted him and helped him turn it into a blog," he said.

"Mark Bunker is a straight ahead guy. He's the guy that always counsels reason and has really stayed focus on abuse in the church. And he hasn't been trashing scripture and trashing tech. He really hasn't been trashing LRH," Rathbun continued. I asked him if he didn't think people would be surprised to see that they had joined forces.

"I don't think it should be that much of a surprise. He's been really focused on behavior and how the cult trashes people. He's a stand-up guy," he answered.

I've asked the Beard Man himself to call me tonight. I'll let you know if I hear from him.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Triumph Member

16. Saul Goodman Member

17. Anonymous Member

Based on his own ?logic?, Hubbard dropped the body died as the smallest being ever on the entire time track.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

fify
  19. whosit Member

Fun.

Marty and Mike have been instrumental in getting a lot of people out of "organized" scientology lately. I don't need to forgive them. Other people have a right to be pissed and not forgive them. I could understand and I hope that they have gone to the FBI to turn over all the information that they have otherwise....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Göring

Maybe a little extreme. It isn't like they murdered 6 million people. But there are a lot of unexplained deaths out there.

Thanks Marty for helping to cover up Lisa. Good going Mike for ruining hundreds of people's lives. Pony up.
    • Like Like x 6
  20. incog712 Member

"never-Scientologists protesting corrupt cultic practices carried out in the name of Scientology."

Personally I have no gripes with a Marty Rathbun/Mark Bunker hugfest, it's all good. Still Marty can't miss an opportunity to promote his scientology is inherently good, it's only problems are a result of Miscaviges Fuctardery agenda. Something that's apparently (according to Marty) intrinscally understood by all ex-scientologists and grossly misunderstood by those critics unfortunate enough to never have experienced the joy of being a scientologist in the good ol days of LRH.

Fuck you Marty. I'm not protesting "cultic practices" in the name of anything. I'm protesting scientology. In all of it's forms.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Anonymous Member

Interesting.
  22. Anonymous Member

Hi Ann :)
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Saul Goodman Member

<3
  24. Orson Member

A lot to consider here. I'm no Marty fan by any stretch, and I see Bunker taking the high road.

My problem: I'm a low road, grudge-holding, put-the-screws-to-em until they scream the truth kinda guy.

Yes, Marty, I'm talking about you. Fag.
    • Like Like x 7
  25. Saul Goodman Member

Like. Also you accidentally the avatar.
  26. Orson Member

Franklin belongs to the people.
  27. Saul Goodman Member

I knew you were all about freedom of speech.
  28. Anonymous Member

Not that shocking. Mark probably new that Rathburn speaking out would ultimately be bad for Scientology.
  29. 00anon00 Member

FIFY
    *knew*
  30. Random guy Member

^^This!^^

The little cult is ALL about money. Money mainly comes from suckers believers who donate. These people used to be a renewable resource, but now the influx has dried up and there are fewer and fewer left, and this has turned into a game over pawns. Marty is picking up people who otherwise would remain (potential) money teats for David "Nipplehead" Miscavige. If OSA/Miscavige sees this as a union of his enemies (the critics and the indies), he will get his knickers in a bunch, and have a very good reason to do so. Marty and WBM in unison can hurt the little rascals dwindling empire substantially.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Wise Beared Man
    His Words are Wise
    His Face is Beard

All my postulates are coming true MUHAHAHAHA
  32. TrevAnon Member

I guess you are the best Scientologist there ever was. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Barf...
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/why-i-support-marty-guest-editorial/#comment-137970

They really don't know there is far more out there than only Marty's blog?! Can't believe it.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Now the affinity - next the communication - then we all agree with Marty. ARC. And the tech *always* works.

Yeah - good luck with that.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. BLiP Member

DOX PLOX
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Well they are out... they are just drinking Marty's brand of Koolaid. And while I still do not like rathbun because he's essentially sitting on his ass and not fessing up to what he did to people leaving the cult, I still do somewhat (if begrudgingly) am thankful that he exists. At the very least, he's bringing us the Squirrel on Squirrel action, which keeps Miscavige from targeting Anons.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

lurk moar
  38. Anonymous Member

Why don't you report them yourself instead of Bawwwing about it

39. RightOn Member

An alliance to join forces to accomplish something?
    I am all for it.
    I hope they have more cooked up between them that can bring COS closer to their final demise.
    Perhaps Bunker can convince Marty to reveal more and or go to the authorities down the line.

And possibly, if Marty says he likes Bunker, Marty's followers will of course follow suit and also like Bunker.
    This may cause some of them to look a little further and wake up all the way and realize that the abuses actually came from LRH and that he was a huge fraud. And that it was not all DM's doings. You never know.

I know Bunker has always said that he is for reform of the COS and is against ithe abuses, but I don't feel that is any way possible to reform COS with DM at the helm and the way it is set up. If there was reform and there was fair treatment of the Sea Orgers with normal pay, COS would not be able to afford it. The reform would of course also have to involve getting rid of all of the abuses. And we all know without mistreatment, brain washing, lousy food, the threat of disconnection, sleep deprivation, fear and the RPF, the Sea Orgers would not be their minions (victims) any longer and would hopefully quit. Oh sure some would stay because they are already brainwashed into thinking they are saving the planet, but I don't think enough would stay. And without them COS would fail.

In the mean time, COS will continue working on their own demise by listening to someone who is insane and obviously doesn't know the meaning of the word foot bullet. Word clear foot bullet! It is a huge MU with COS!
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

Dunno how wise he is anymore
    • Like Like x 4