Customize

Why I Support Marty by Mark Bunker

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chipshotz Member

This thread should get a derailing award.
  4. Anonymous Member

moving on then

1FIiJ.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Bollocks

"Physiologically impossible" my hindquarters! Go tell that to the shrimps!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite
  6. Anonymous Member

How quickly we forget...

Rathbun mouths off

"Mark Bunker" <markbunker@lisatrust.net> - Wed, 24 May 2000 18:45:31

"A particularly outrageous aspect of the Bob Minton trial was the behavior of Scientologist Marty Rathbun. On Monday, Rathbun and Rinder sat smugly, side by side in the courtroom, smirking to one another through the testimony. Toward the end of Richard Howd's testimony I glanced back at Rathbun and saw him giving hand signals to the witness and actually mouthing words to him as Howd spoke. Rathbun saw me looking at him. I even pointed at him and mouthed my own words to him. "I caught you," I said.
    Incredibly, Rathbun barely missed a beat and kept up the coaching because by now Bob's attorney was hitting Howd hard with the Fair Game policy.

I alerted Patricia and the others around me and we eventually notified one of Bob's counsel who saw Rathbun as well. In total, there were five people who saw Rathbun behaving this way. We broke shortly thereafter and I notified the bailiff who alerted the court. When the trial started again after the break, the judge called the attorneys to his bench to confer about this.

Tellingly, the next day Rinder and Rathbun were in the courthouse for the trial but they did not appear in the courtroom. They watched the second day of the trial on a closed circuit TV. Wog laws mean nothing to the Scientology brass."

http://www.skeptictank.org/mintral6.htm
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Chipshotz Member

Thanks Mark, you're a class act.
    Could you drop a hint regarding the percentage of 'Knowledge Report' that's complete or do I know nothing about film making?
    (most likely the case)
  8. Random guy Member

Let's not repet the same error then. Their black/white thinking is what's make them predictable and easy to troll. It is their greatest weakness. If anyone should know the world comes in mottly grey it should be us.

It would be stupid not to interview Marty and Rinder. I will judge WBM on the finished film.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. exOT8Michael Member

When a journalist/documentary creator inserts himself into the plot of the story the objectivity of the reporting gets lost and the final outcome lacks credibility.
    Interviewing the MRs is one thing, but helping them keep people in the Scientology scam (giving them a working blog) is quite another. Rathbun still advocates disconnection and breaking up of families if they get in the way of Hubbard's cult expansion. I disagree with supporting such oppressive idiocies.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

The long-standing difficulty in reaching a hive mind consensus on this "to MartyR or not to MartyR" debate is significant. My sense is that the status quo is untenable, and that a consensus will emerge once the status quo breaks and gives way to whatever is coming. I don't know what that is, and I believe we argue because it's hard to know (yet).
  11. Anonymous Member

If by Marty you mean that man who is creating huge problems for the deadly scourge known as the Church of Scientology, then I am in favor of him.
    If by Marty you mean that man who is selling deadly moonbattery to simpletons, then I am against him.

I hope my position is clear.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Sponge Member

For as long as people use correlations, mixed in with a cauldron of overreaction, to make up a causation then a status quo is going to be hard to achieve here. This is what the cult does, and many of us have been guilty of doing the same thing to varying degrees, but on the whole it is something that should be avoided.

There's more than one way to get inside a clam. Prising open it instead of pounding it with your fist is often the best way to get at the meat.

I don't know how to answer people ITT who've expressed so much vitriol and doom so I won't bother. To some extent I can understand some of the reactions (even though I disagree with them)from those who have actually had a horse in this race but others not so much.
  13. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, approximately exactly.
  14. Herro Member

Mark Bunker will tell you that he is an anti scientology activist. You've never had a problem with his lack of objectivity before. And now it's a problem for you? So interesting.
  15. veravendetter Member

I trust Bunker to use his association with MR² intelligently. More so than many.
  16. Chipshotz Member

I wouldn't underestimate the Wise Beard Man.
  17. Dan Aykroyd Member

Of course, he is smarter than all of wwp put together.
  18. Anonymous Member

there was this one time that i regretted giving him that name.
    and then i went out and got laid, and all was well in the world.
  19. Anonymous Member

Face facts people. Mark Bunker would be tutting and shaking his head in disdain about Anonymous if it weren't for the fact he saw a personal army opportunity for his own crusade and a cash cow for his film project. Our numbers are on the wane these days so he's simply hitched his wagon to the next rising star.

Protip: If you don't want to be disappointed by people then don't hero-worship them in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dan Aykroyd Member

I'm disapointed by you anonymous
  21. Chipshotz Member

Very generality of you.
    I am no fan of M & M but have much respect for Mark B. Can we judge the final product?
  22. Anonymous Member

Um, no.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. exOT8Michael Member

Anyone have any pics at all of WBM holding a protest picket sign or banner? #mindisblankoneverseeingthat
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Have you asked him to not put you in his film?
  25. COREarg Member

I will act like if I hadn't heard anything,Jimmy.
    Go back to your seat.
  26. Anonymous Member

Stupid reply.
  27. Anonymous Member

exOT8Michael said:
    Chanology does not need any Martybots.
    i hope he takes my interview segment out of "Knowledge Report." We shall see.
  28. Herro Member

Holy shit this guy just went full mad.
  29. Random guy Member

I'm finding myself agreeing with you, Herro. This can't be good.
  30. Herro Member

If I had a nickle for every time I get one of these posts...
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

You are having problems with taking a side, aren't you?
  32. XENU TV Member

Hey, thanks for pulling this up. I had forgotten it was Marty doing this. When I was in Clearwater a couple weeks ago, I interviewed attorney Denis de Vlaming and we talked about this incident. It was outrageous.
  33. XENU TV Member

So you would rather your critical comments would not be included? I don't see why that would help. But maybe people should relax and wait to see the film.
  34. ItchyScratchy Member

I'm not sure why Ot8 would want to not contribute to your movie. I can guess though, not because he thinks your movie wont turn out well but because due to your recent, change of heart? Your movie might not actually be exactly what we all think and could really just be a PR piece for the cult of marty.

You could understand why reasonably people might be a little surprise by your post and how the logic would follow, right?

I eagerly await to download a torrent of your movie. I might even motivate enough to do a MST3k of it. I doubt it though.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

exOT8Michael said:
    Chanology does not need any Martybots.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

exOT8Michael said:
    1267527853_old_guy_going_crazy.gif
  37. You obviously missed this 1 watch till end and it all will be clear. I obviously took it to heart seeing that i am a frequent poster on his blog. check the stats on that if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

At least everybody around here has an excuse to go headless chicken for a while. That's always good.
  39. Orson Member

While plenty of people, including me, still have their doubts about Marty, I think it's a good thing that you (Mark) are doing - taking the high road, reaching out to a former enemy, etc. For some who distrust Marty, it might be shocking to see a longtime activist embrace R&R publicly, especially since we can't know the whole story or understand the nuances of your relationship. That said, distrust of Rathbun and Rinder doesn't mean you can't or won't make a good documentary or will make one that excuses the tech.

Looking forward to a finished documentary, and I hope you keep exOT8Michael's critical comments, along with many others, included.
    • Like Like x 2
  40. The blog post did seem to get him enough in donations to go to Australia and interview Xenophon, so that's kind of good news. Though there are other venues to appeal to in order to raise funds for a Scientology documentary. I'm hoping that, despite this support, the film somewhat calls Marty and Mike out on what they've done.
    • Like Like x 4