Customize

Why Scientology is not imploding

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by anon8109, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. furball Member

I am not the anon you are looking for.

Something shiny already has my attention.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. xander meehan Member

I think your points are very well taken, and I am with you... please pm me... I would like to chat, because I think what you're saying has serious merit
  4. xander meehan Member

I have a better idea... but I would like to chat about it withyou first.... please pm me...
  5. John Duff Member

Ron Hubbard told people that they would have superpowers and be clean from bad things. They believed him.
    Then, an intense brainwashing took place, leading scientologists to believe that Hubbard is like a prophet and that everything he says is true.
    Then, Hubbard told people about what they had to believe, and people believed it.

Simple :)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. wolfbane Member

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/what-is-scientology-6722188
    • Like Like x 2
  7. You may wish to check out the excellent interview series on ETHICS that Tony Ortega published with Jefferson Hawkins, an ex-Scientologist head of marketing.

The seminal work by L. Ron Hubbard "Introduction to Scientology Ethics" originated much of the machinery of mind control that Scientology operates on a day-to-day basis. Reading Jeff Hawkins summary (on www.tonyortega.org) will spare you the agony of actually reading Hubbard while providing the profound morsels that dictate the CoS thought processes, recruitment, and control.

Enjoy and come back any time to post questions or comments.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. One thing that often confuses new watchers of Scientology is the frequent use of "ethics" and "humanitarianism" in their propaganda, and statements from celebrities like Tom Cruise.

Before teaching about Scientology, it's absolutely necessary to explore how Scientologists themselves define and use these words. It's quite different than you would expect, being a normal individual with a normal education.

Jeff Hawkins calls their ethical system a sort of out-of-control Bentham derived Utilitarianism that justifies all sorts of odious actions as the Greatest Good for the Greatest Number of Dynamics.

Ignoring a child and leaving them alone without food or clothing is "ethical", as long as you are working the comm lines to sell more copies of Dianetics - because you are serving the Universe and not just some pre-clear theta infested pre-adult.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks for your message, but I won't have sex with your client at the Celebrity Center, but thanks for asking. Yes, I know that the Sea Bass is fabulous.
  10. xander meehan Member

You're to damn funny.... that was a great post...
  11. xander meehan Member

I came across this new article on the Scieno Scientolos.... There was one poster that had this great response to the article and I am going to post it for all of you. I think you will enjoy it.

Scientology is the religion of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn about Xenu, and baloney about ;clear;OT,; how to be happy the L. Ron Flubtard way, barley water instead of milk for babies, smoking more to prevent cancer...the list goes on and on.
      Of course Scientologists couldn't participate! Selling their scam is a full time job. They think they are saving the planet.
      Scientology has tentacles going out in many different sectors of society. The secular organizations such as Narconon and the Citizens Commission for Human Rights need to be investigated as well. There is so much to this monster that people need to be made aware of before falling under their spell. My hat's off to anyone who has the courage to shine some light on this pile of dung.
      I'd love to see this film! Anything exposing their hypocrisy can only benefit mankind, so they AREN'T taken in by this CULT.
      I hope the revelations by David Miscavige's father are read and disseminated far and wide to bring down that brainwashing CULT, once and for all.
      I'd love to see a sequel or a "director's cut" for the film "Going Clear which would include the material omitted from the released version of this film. L.Ron Hubbard created Scientology as a money making scam, plain and simple. But simpletons bought into it and it sadly perpetuated his cult. I don't think Scientology even meets a rational definition of a church and it certainly should NOT have tax-free status! And its bullying tactics and strong-arm litigious nature, show that those who have the most to hide, resort to the most desperate measures. I hope these films and these new revelations cause the complete ruination of that UGLY CULT! They blaspheme; the good name of science by incorporating it into their IMMORAL CULT'S name! Scientology MUST be made to answer to what are CLEAR human rights abuses. This church bullies and indoctrinates, commits psychological extortion and even tortures those who counter them in a manner equal to Nazi Germany's Gestapo and the Soviet KGB! This MUST end A.S.A.P.
      Checklist of a cult:
      1. The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader
      2. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
      3. Mind-altering practices
      4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel
      5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members
      6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality
      7. The leader is not accountable to any authorities
      8. Lying to family or friends
      9. The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members.
      10. Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends
      11. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members
      12. The group is preoccupied with making money.
      13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
      14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
      15. The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
      Scientology fits all 15.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. xander meehan Member

The word is starting to seep out... slowly of course... the article was sota bs... thats why I didn't post it... nothing new other than another bonehead trying to make money off of what Anony suffered through, fought through, spent thousands and thousands of man hours on... I love all of you that are truly real Anony
  13. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. CarterUSP Member

The bare bones of what scilons believe:
    - At entry level, scilons will tell you that scientology is a practical and workable applied philosophy to increase one's ability to handle life and communication. Then later you discover that we are beings that are trillions of years old and we have been trapped in this universe in a dwindling spiral of confusion, amnesia, chaos and pain and need scientology to get out of it. We have lived countless life times on different planets involving tales out of bad sci fi, like the kind of crapola that hubbard wrote before he realised it wouldn't make him rich enough.
    - As spiritual beings we have limitless power and ability but have lost these super abilities due to being brainwashed, implanted and conditioned to believe that we are just meat bodies. Scientology provides the "Bridge to Total Freedom", a series of increasingly expensive processes, like counselling but with more brainwashing, in order to reach complete spiritual freedom.
    - When we die, implants from alien invader forces that we have forgotten about kick in and we, as a spirit (called a "Thetan") drift off to report in to some between-lives area, somewhere out in the solar system, then we get re-implanted and sent back to pick up a new body. We are stuck in this never ending cycle and helpless as we get progressively more implanted, confused and messed up.

Why they believe it:
    - It is brainwashing done on a gradient. People are brought in off the street and put through a hard sell routine to buy a book or do a course that will improve their ability to comunicate, or handle life's problems, or relationships, or something. The courses get increasingly deep, expensive, rigourous and time consuming. It is a steady, drip feed of lying and controlling a person.
    - The new person is surrounded by loads of active scilons cheering and telling about how great scientology is and how it is so amazing and it changed their lives and you just have to do the next level because it is so amazing!!!!!!!! The new person is bombarded with scilon propaganda and heavily encouraged and pestered to attend more and more extra meetings and events, each one adding to the propaganda machine and encouraging further donations.
    - Scientology redefines lots of common words, the new person studying basics scilon materials is already being encouraged to replace what they think something means with what hubbard says it means simply in order to study the material.
    - Because scientology is so life changing and amazing, the new person is told about how many jealous or evil people there are out there who don't want scientology to succeed. Like the evil psychiatrists who get rich off dealing with the insane don't want scientology to prosper and cure all of the insane. The new person is heavily discouraged from viewing ANYTHING critical of scientology, as it could harm their case and their spiritual progress.

That's the basics. Please ask me (or pretty much anyone else here for more info) or feel free to PM me if you want.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Many of the techniques so effectively employed by the Scientology machine can be found in other areas studied by Social Psychologists: prostitution, gangs, political groups, advertisers, radio talk shows, etc. Anyone interested in suppressing individual thought and the freedom and flourishing of creative spirit can pick from the menu of Scientology uses in their machinery of conquest.

Here's a cheap textbook that's widely available and includes essays that offer perspective on what goes on Scientology without specifically studying cults or thought reform groups. Essays are brief - 5 to 10 pages mostly - and are quite accessible to motivated undergrads and high school scholars:

Peter Kollock & Jodi O'Brien, The Production of Reality, Essays and Readings in Social Psychology, Pine Forge Press, Thousand Oaks, Calif, 1994

For a more focused treatments of Scientology and modern cults, there are of course plenty of great books by Steve Hassam, Rick Ross, and Tony Ortega - all of whom talk on YouTube and write blogs.

My favorite treatment of thought reform, however, are the many stories from pioneer America about American Indian tribes who kidnapped European American settlers and forced adaptation to Indian culture. [See in particular James Axtell, The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 32, No.1 [January, 1975] p.55-88 or http://www.jstor.org/stable/1922594 ] The Iroquois Confederacy of New York industrialized the process creating in the early 19th century hundreds of "white indians" fully committed to tribal life, adopting new names, intermarrying in tribes and fighting wars on the Indian side. White indians who returned to European civilization (often be being "rekidnapped" sometimes spoke of "finding themselves", actualizing a true nature that had evaded them in their previous lives.

While it explains the psychology of thought reform, the White Indians of Colonial America bear no resemblance to those who fall for Scientology. Unlike the Iroquois who complete adopted their reformees - providing an equal social net that any other tribe member could expect - Sea Org members and Scientology public members are continuously swindled and betrayed by a system that is using them as a cash or labor resource. The reciprocal obligation between tribe and person is designed to be breached by the exercise of power and intimidation as the machine rolls along.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. xander meehan Member

Very excellent post, much of modern slavery recorded in Europe over the last 350 years follows much of the same direction... you would think after all of these years we would have progressed and transcended these debacles... yet for some reason we do not
    • Like Like x 1
  17. xander meehan Member

Very excellent post as well.....
    • Like Like x 2
  18. xander meehan Member

That was such a great piece of work there . Very impressive research. It is astounding and amazing that this actually ever reached this far.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. xander meehan Member

I would like to further expand on this. I just recently watched the entire RNC convention, and of course today, the first day of the DNC convention. This is a demonstration of thought and mind control. This is what "Manufacturing Consent" is truly all about. Where the end target is fully absorbed and inculcated into the dirge of propaganda being presented.

Both nearly completely sucked. We are in stored for some very worrisome days ahead regardless of who is elected.

On this closing note I would like to draw attention to the recent headline in the last 2 days of the Scieno Scientolos supposedly being threatened by terrorists.
    I personally smell a RAT. I think this whole entire story is a plant. It is meant to derive sympathy for the cult, opening the door for more cult exposure, and sympathetic dialog by main stream media, regarding the history of the cult. The cult wants to penetrate both parties. Imagine the Presidency being controlled by the Scienos, which it has nearly achieved.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Disambiguation Global Moderator

It's a blog about the Arab world, there are several blogs. about Scientology and the GNRD, the GNRD isn't well liked in these blogs because they say it's a UAE front and has ties to Scientology.