Customize

Will Sheriff Joel Kerns send his son to Narconon?

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

September 5, 2013
    Sheriff's house burglarized, son arrested

By James Beaty Senior Editor

McALESTER — Two individuals are facing felony charges for allegedly burglarizing the home of Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns — including the sheriff’s 22-year-old son, Braden Kerns.

Braden Kerns and a woman identified in court documents as his girlfriend, Kyla Adams, 23, of Krebs, have been charged in Pittsburg County District Court with felony counts of second-degree burglary and grand larceny.

The two were charged in connection with the Aug. 29 break-in at the Bucks of Gaines Creek home of Sheriff Kerns and his wife, Darcy Kerns.

Braden Kerns and Kyla Adams are charged with taking silver coins, guns and cash from the home during the alleged burglary.

Meanwhile, after spending several days in the Pittsburg County jail in lieu of $25,000 bond, Braden Kerns was released Thursday on his own recognizance, Sheriff Kerns confirmed. Adams remained in the Pittsburg County jail in lieu of $25,000 bond as of Thursday afternoon.

Speaking of his son, Sheriff Kerns said, “He was released to us from the jail, and from the jail we went to a rehabilitative center.”

The sheriff said he filed the complaint that led to his son’s arrest.

“I had it done,” the sheriff said Thursday. He also said it was not about the property taken from the home.

“I’m just trying to save my son’s life,” the sheriff said.

He said his son has not lived at his (Sheriff Kerns’) residence for five years.

Joel Kerns said he personally took his son directly to a drug rehab center following his son’s release from jail.

The sheriff said he has told Adams’ parents he wants her to get some help and he is not pushing for her to have a long jail sentence in connection with the case.

“All we want is some help for her too,” the sheriff said.

In a probable cause affidavit, Pittsburg County Undersheriff Richard Bedford said he had been advised on Aug. 29 that deputy Danny McHenry was bringing Braden Kerns to the sheriff’s office. Bedford said he was advised that Braden Kerns and Adams had allegedly stolen items from the home of Joel and Darcy Kerns.

Bedford said the sheriff advised him during the investigation to have another agency work the case due to a conflict of interest. Bedford said in the affidavit that the McAlester Police Department assisted in the investigation.

McAlester Police Det. Lt. Kevin Hearod said Thursday that after the police received the request to assist the sheriff’s office, McAlester Police Det. Sgt. Brent McAlester took the lead in the probe, which resulted in the recovery of some property reported stolen from Sheriff Kerns’ residence.

Bedford’s affidavit states McAlester police obtained a search warrant for Adams’ Krebs residence, and some items allegedly taken from the sheriff’s residence were recovered.

Both Braden Kerns and Adams had pleaded innocent during an initial court appearance Tuesday before Special Judge Tim Mills at the Pittsburg County Courthouse. Assistant District Attorney Chuck Sullivan represented the District 18 District Attorney’s office for the initial court appearance. Neither Braden Kerns nor Adams had an attorney present, according to court records.

Mills set bond at $25,000 for both defendants and scheduled a preliminary hearing conference for both at 9 a.m. on Sept. 13, court records state.

Asked about the matter Thursday, District 18 District Attorney Farley Ward said the case will be treated the same as others.

“We’re handling this case like any other with the filing of the charge,” Ward said.

“In this instance, the sheriff and his wife are victims,” the district attorney noted.

Ward said he didn’t object to Braden Kerns being released on his own recognizance Thursday.

“We had no objection to his being released on his own recognizance as long as he went to a treatment facility,” Ward said.

The district attorney said every case is handled on its own merits.

Contact James Beaty at jbeaty@mcalesternews.com.

- See more at: http://mcalesternews.com/policecour...burglarized-son-arrested#sthash.Wl4SaYYC.dpuf
  2. Anonymous Member

So he can solve crimes if they directly effect him. What a prick!
  3. RightOn Member

well well, isn't this a fine kettle of fish
    I mean clams
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

Case Information

STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. KERNS, BRADEN JOEL
    Case Identifier
    Pittsburg OK — CF-2013-00548 Monitor this case
    Type of Case
    Criminal Felony Proceedings
    Date Filed
    09/03/2013
    Amount Owed
    $432.00 (as of 10/25/2013 06:52pm)
    Offense or Cause

• BURGLARY IN THE SECOND DEGREE
    78035-1337373508.jpg We will beat any price! We got your back!
    Parties Involved

Agency
    PITTSBURG COUNTY SHERIFF of Mcalester OK
    Officer
    BEDFORD, RICHARD
    Defendant
    KERNS, BRADEN JOEL of Mcalester OK Monitor this person
    Judge
    MILLS, TIM
    DA
    GARRETT, JUSTIN C
    Case entries

Date
    Description
    Amount
    Grand Total
    $432.00
    08/30/2013 F&E CM OF 8-30-13 IA; $25,000 BOND @ REC OF DA; IA 93-13 2:00PM; DEFT IS NOT TO HAVE CONTACT W/ K ADAMS OR
    ALLEGED VICTIMS.S/MILLS
    09/03/2013 FILE, ENTER, RECORD INFORMATION $206.00
    (Entry with fee only) $12.00
    (Entry with fee only) $10.00
    (Entry with fee only) $18.00
    (Entry with fee only) $10.00
    DISTRICT ATTORNEY COUNCIL $50.00
    STATE TREASURERS FORENSIC FEE $10.00
    10% of AFS1 $1.00
    10% of CLT2 $1.80
    10% of FORE $1.00
    10% OF DAC $5.00
    O.C.I.S. $50.00
    MEDICAL EXPENSE LIABILTY REVOLVING FUND $20.00
    10% MLRF $2.00
    SHERIFF'S SERVICE FEE-COURTHOUSE SECURITY $20.00
    10% COURTHOUSE SECURITY $2.00
    ATTORNEY GENERAL VICTIM SERVICES UNIT $6.00
    10% OF AG VICTIM SERVICES FEE $0.60
    CHILD ABUSE MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCOUNT $6.00
    10% OF CAMA FEE $0.60
    09/03/2013 F&E PROABLE CAUSE AFFDAIVIT FOR ARREST W/OUT WARRANT.
    09/03/2013 F&E AGREED ORDER MODIFYING BOND & SETTING CONDS ON
    PRETRIAL RELEASE.S/MILLS
    09/03/2013 F&E CM OF 9-3-13 IA; $25,000 BOND @ OF DA; PHC 9-13-13 9:00AM, DEFT IS NOT TO HAVE ANY CONTACT W/ ALLEGED
    VICTIMS.S/MILLS
    09/09/2013 F&E ******** VERI OF INCAR FEES $352.00 **************
    09/13/2013 F&E CM OF 9-13-13 PHC; DEFT APPEARS NOT; STRICKEN TO BE
    RESET ON MOTION.S/MILLS
    Calendar events

Date
    Time
    Description
    09/03/2013 2:00pm INITIAL APPEARANCE
    09/13/2013 9:00am
    PRELIMINARY HEARING CONF
  6. Anonymous Member

Liar Liar, your mother fucking pants just caught on Fire!
    r7sw28.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

WHAT HTE F IS GOING ON HERE?????? DID THIS SICK FUCK GIVE HIS SON TO SCIENTOLOGY AND IF NOT, HOW DARE HE NOT GIVE HIS SON OVER TO THEM WHEN HE HAS STAED IN THE PRESS HE BELIEVES NARCONON IS SAVING LIVES.
    10mlldt.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

If he did not send his son to Narconon, why not? According to him, they are trying to save peoples lives and everything is in order. Let me put forward a hypothesis .a He will never close the case as long as he could be deposed in a civil matter.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. JohnnyRUClear Member

Excellent question. Who will ask him?
  11. TorontosRoot Member

Wonder if the scientology shill sheriff will eventually be kicked off the force. Like come on... it has to happen. He is impeding investigations into those DEATHS!!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Quentinanon Member

The people of a county elect the Sheriff as the chief law enforcement officer of that county. I see a huge opportunity for someone to run against Sheriff Joel. His shilling can be used against him in the court of public opinion. After Kerns is voted out of office, he can go to work for his benefactors behind the barbed wire fences and security cameras of the Int Base.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. patriot75 Member

14. RightOn Member

holy crap
    anyone keeping an eye on contributions?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RightOn Member

Time to post a recap so people can remember what this guy did
    • Like Like x 1
  16. patriot75 Member

I didn't realize he was running until yesterday. Research mode on.
  17. TorontosRoot Member

Getting that scifag kicked out of the campaign is one goal.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. RightOn Member

"Current Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns, a Democrat, did not file for re-election, opting instead to challenge District 7 state Sen. Larry Boggs, R-Red Oak, for the state Senate post. Since they are from different political parties, they are set to face each other during the November General Election.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RightOn Member

“I think I can make a difference,” Kerns said. “The position I’m in allows me to see some of the things that need to be addressed.” He said that includes issues such as health care, mental health care, drug addiction and preventative measures to keep people from going to prison, including rehabilitative education programs.

Kerns referred to his “Not Me” program, which involves taking jail inmates to schools in the county where they can tell students in the seventh through twelfth grades of their personal stories that got them in trouble with the law. Kerns said he had stopped the program for a year, but he plans to reinstate it
    “That’s privately funded,” Kerns said of the program. “It doesn’t cost the taxpayer.”
    As senator, Kerns said he would focus on other preventative programs, including more mental health services for drug and alcohol addiction.
    “Southeast Oklahoma is different than Tulsa or Oklahoma City,” Kerns said. “We don’t have all the capabilities of centers that are willing to help.” Kerns said that while there are local facilities, such as the Oaks, the local centers need more funding.
    “The solution is education instead of incarceration,” Kerns said.
    He said he knows firsthand how drug addiction can affect a family.
    “If you’re not affected by that, you need to count your blessings,” Kerns said.
    His son, Braden Kerns, is currently serving time in a drug offender work camp following his conviction on burglary charges the sheriff thinks was related to drug addiction. Sheriff Kerns made one of the calls to McAlester police that resulted in his son’s arrest.
    “He’s my son and I love him and we tried everything we knew to get him help, but it did not help,” Joel Kerns said. “By sending him to prison, hopefully we can save his life.”
    Kerns also addressed other issues, such as public education?
    “We know there’s a problem there,” Kerns said. “We know funding is going to get considerably harder to find to keep our rural schools open. I’m not so much on David Boren’s one-cent sales tax,” Kerns said, referring to a proposal from the University of Oklahoma president regarding a one-cent sales tax for public schools and higher education funding. Kerns said he’s for finding other ways to fund education.
    Another issue is corrections. Kerns said he started his law enforcement career as a correctional officer at the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center before transferring to Oklahoma State Penitentiary.
    “Since 1907, this has been one of our mainstays,” Kerns said, referring to state corrections. “It’s a decent, reputable job than not everybody desires,” Kerns said. It goes back to the old adage everybody wants offenders locked up, but nobody wants to pay for it, he said.
    Kerns said he’s opposed to housing state inmates in private prisons.
    “We have the facilities and the guards here to take care of them without having to send them to private prisons,” Kerns said. If elected to the state Senate, he would definitely like to serve on the appropriations committee for the Department of Corrections, said Kerns.
    Asked about economic development, Kerns said “I don’t want to do (Oklahoma Lt. Gov) Todd Lamb’s job, but I think with our water and our state parks, we can utilize them to bring wealth and income back to our counties.” Kerns said he was referring to places such as Lake Eufaula, Robbers Cave State Park and Sardis Lake.
    “We have what everybody wants; we have the scenery,” Kerns said.

“I try to explain to everybody that garage sales and resale shops are good, but we don’t need them on our main highways coming into our towns,” Kerns said. “We’re going to try and bring more businesses to our already-developed industrial and state parks.” By that, Kerns said he was referring to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers parks that have been headed by private individuals or groups. He said he’s not referring to privatizing places such as Robbers Cave State Park, because it is maintained by the state and already generates an income.
    What about questions regarding the sale, transport or piping of water from southeast Oklahoma to other places?
    “I am 100 percent for keeping our water here,” Kerns said. “I was raised by the South Canadian River. By no means send our water to Texas or Oklahoma City.”
    He plans on being accessible as a state senator. “In the past, we’ve had two Democratic senators and everybody knew them, good or bad,” Kerns said. “It’s a job that people need to know you are doing something.
    “I personally want to rejuvenate this part of southeastern Oklahoma,” he said.
    Kerns and his wife, Darcy Kerns, have two other adult children, Katie Talley and Jaelon Kerns.
    Regardless of how the senate election turns out, Kerns said he’s committed to finishing his second term as sheriff.
    “The people elected me and I’m going to serve the full term,” he said.
    After that term is completed though, he’s ready to serve as the District 7 state senator if he wins the election.
    “We’re not going to let Tulsa and Oklahoma City be our voice,” Kerns said. “I want to be the voice.”
    • Like Like x 1
  21. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. TorontosRoot Member

If we link that and Tony ortaga's article on every campaign page and tweet it around on social media, then it might wake people up to the dangers of that death 'rehab' facility.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. patriot75 Member

24. TorontosRoot Member

If Larry wins (which I hope he does), goodbye shill.
  25. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. Son, 28, of Oklahoma sheriff running for state senate seat dies hours after being arrested on drugs charge

• Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns is running for Oklahoma state Senate
    • He revealed his son, Jaelon Kerns, 28, died early Tuesday morning
    • Jaelon was arrested on a drugs charge and suffered convulsions in jail
    By Stephanie Linning for MailOnline
    Published: 20:09 EST, 8 November 2016 | Updated: 04:13 EST, 9 November 2016
    7 shares
    View comments
    [IMG]

+2
    Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns, pictured
    The son of an Oklahoma state Senate candidate died early Tuesday after being arrested on a drugs complaint.
    Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said his son Jaelon, 28, died in hospital hours after he was arrested by police.
    Sheriff Kerns said Jaelon was arrested at 2.30am for possession of a controlled substance and began suffering convulsions while in jail.
    The sheriff and his wife posted bail to take Jaelon to McAlester Regional Health Center.
    Doctors treated Jaelon but he later died, the McAlester News-Capital reported.
    An autopsy will be carried out to determine the cause of death.
    His death comes hours before Sheriff Kerns faces off against Republican incumbent Larry Boggs for the District 7 seat.
    RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

The district covers Pittsburg, Latimer and Haskell counties as well as parts of Hughes and Okfuskee counties.
    Mr Boggs faces a tough competition for re-election in the district, where Democrats outnumber Republicans by more than two to one.

27. "Bang up job" that Narconon you defended did with your son.Just another case of everything being in order I guess. I am sorry this happened to him, but not you! Now you have a idea of how other parents feel after you sang the praises of the CULT. Sad part is, you won't take responsibility as you are total sellout.
  28. TorontosRoot Member

Rip. I