Customize

Will Smith New Movie "After Earth" criticised for scientology references

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by RightOn, May 21, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...er-earth-fast-furious-20130602,0,880939.story
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Puppetmama Member

Battlefield Earth, After Earth, soon to be followed by Scorched Earth, I just don't see this franchise working out for them.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

But it captured his single emotion so well.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. RightOn Member

nah, not enough scrunchiness in the forehead or raised eyebrows.
    I do like the Kung Fu grip though
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ complete with TWTH booklet?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. DeathHamster Member

What a piece of crap emergency bag! I could spend 30 minutes in Canadian Tire or Wal Mart and shit a better kit, for less money too!

Let's see... No fire starters of any kind, no way to cook or at least boil water, no food, no rope or duct tape, no real knife, no water container of useful size, no compass, no plastic sheeting... *bah*!

Compare:
    http://www.nitro-pak.com/72-hr-tote-n-go-kit
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  8. The Touch Assist and TWTH makes all that stuff unnecessary!
  9. DeathHamster Member

I see on their site that they sell actual camping gear. It's strictly off the shelf Coleman car-camping and such that you could pick up at any big box store with a camping section, for less.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. amaX Member

With that kind of attitude you better hope like hell there's a scientologist to save your ass when you get in trouble! I suggest you stay close to Tom Cruise.
  11. DeathHamster Member

It's true. Without Tom Cruise's help, I'd have to sit helpless beside my tent, sipping my espresso, listening to the radio, and surviving on only food and water.

fud002.jpg~original.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Anonymous Member

The Movie is Real but Seeing it is a Choice.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. DeathHamster Member

Wouldn't it have been more fun if the kid had to trek all that way just to open up a Scientology vault and retrieve Hubbard's lost wisdom?
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Sure would. I could see him pushing the buzzer in New Mexico and Shelly Miscavige ignoring him because they think its John Sweeney again.
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Anonymous Member

"Dad, I have found the golden discs. It's something about clams and an 'obscene dog incident'. Is this any use to you?"
    • Like Like x 3
  16. http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages...rld-on-your-side-2013-06-02.html#.UawJpmQ547R
  17. RightOn Member

The movie is fail but seeing it is a BAD choice
    FIFY
    I boycott all scientology member's movies, plays, bands products of any kind, television shows and any other shows. I won't let any part of my money fund the cult down the line
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I went to Box Office Mojo* and was surprised that Iron Man 3 is at 5th. Then again, that movie had it's time in the sun. Time for Fast and the Furious Dwanye "The Rock" Johnson to shine in the sun. Glad to see any movie with "The Rock" in it lay the smackdown on any Scientology or Shamwow movie's candy ass.

*I never post up any link to Box Office Mojo since my anti-virus said the site has bad juju. Maybe it's fixed?
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. Anonymous Member

Not everyone hates it.

10/10 for the last second of this video.
    • Like Like x 12
  21. Anonymous Member

Perfect.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  23. Anonymous Member

http://cheerupwillsmith.com/

Cheer up Will Smith!

Home Page
    Dear Mr. Will Smith,
    We here at The Church of Scientology appreciate your generous donations over the past few years! As a thank you we would like to offer our support for you in your time of need. Below are videos from your supporters. Please note that they made these videos out of their own freewill and were not threatened into doing so. Enjoy!
    Sincerely,
    David Miscavige
    Leader of the Church of Scientology
    • Like Like x 7
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

Here is a free ticket to see Will Smith's incredible movie After Earth.

af6a84595c09aa2856a2348546311c78_qyhk.png
    • Like Like x 7
  26. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  27. Anonymous Member

hey, it expired already.
    Nice touch
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Ogsonofgroo Member

ITT the shoops are brilliant! Much laughtering in mah kitchen atm, thanks all! :p
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

be very careful of an errant 's' in your kitchen. It could get messy.:D
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Mr. Magoo Member

I love that website. I want it to go viral. Start tweeting it, y'all.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You know a movie is in trouble when even Inside (Your Ass) Edition is questioning whether your movie is Scientology propaganda or not:

http://www.insideedition.com/entert...smiths-new-movie-contain-scientology-messages

LOL at the last sentence. If that isn't a damning statement proving After Earth is a Scientology Propaganda movie...
    • Like Like x 11
  32. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. They should put extra staff on to deal with the avalanche of people that will hit the orgs after watching.
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

Scientology is so good that Will Smith has to take money out of his pocket to fund it, so as to ensure that other people follow it.

Buuuuut, he's totally not interested in following it himself. It's not that good.

Yeah, right.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. CarterUSP Member

Someone else may be able to answer this better than I can as I can't tell you off the top of my head.
    The "I'm not a scientologist but..." is probably the only scilon internet strategy apart from attacking or attempting to discredit the critic. One will frequently find comments sections on news articles spammed with sock accounts trying to deflect criticism by saying things like "I'm not a scientologist but I applaud their contributions to working with comunities to help get people off drugs". Usual tactic is to spam with multiple sock accounts all with the same writing style to push entheta comments down to page 2 where they are less likely to be read.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. CarterUSP Member

The hand is just right to hold emeter cans. Look out for auditing accessories to be released in the future.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

When WWP puts out an action figure range featuring Xenu, is Scientology going to do a Tommy Davis and admit Xenu is part of Scientology theology, so as to claim intellectual property infringement?
    • Like Like x 2